Options

Thunder and lighting storm watch

Comments

• Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing but a trickle of rain, south east coast. Very disappointed so far.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears at the moment that the forecasts of major thunderstorms widely across England by this evening are a total damp squib and simply not happening.....so far. Possibly another Met Office over reaction and massive fail instead? The next few hours will determine.
  • Options
    GoldengayerGoldengayer Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    It appears at the moment that the forecasts of major thunderstorms widely across England by this evening are a total damp squib and simply not happening.....so far. Possibly another Met Office over reaction and massive fail instead? The next few hours will determine.

They did the same last Friday, bog all happened. I want thunder & lightning goddammit.. & I'm gay you'd think that would help.
  • Options
    c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will come I've got a terrible headache (always do when it's muggy) I expect thunder will start and then i will get the usual nose bleed within minutes.

I don't need a weather forecast just my head and nose.
  • Options
    grah2702grah2702 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Storm just of Great Yarmouth at moment
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Here is Rain Radar http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1434097800&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.01 and here is Blitzortnung http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12 showing the lightning strikes and the lightning appears to happening mostly in East Anglia and West Sussex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did the same last Friday, bog all happened. I want thunder & lightning goddammit.. & I'm gay you'd think that would help.
    Get naked with a few others on top of the nearest hill and see if that helps. After all, if it can cause earthquakes in Malaysia it can surely cause a decent storm in England! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    no thunder here..I love thunder and lightening , it's very very frightening lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder this thread is here for those storm watchers amongst us. There have already been quite a few isolated ones today. Plenty more to come in the next day or two possibly.

www.lightningmaps.org
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible lightning in Middleton, no thunder though hope it comes further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lightning maps link seems to have gone down at the moment. Maybe a lot of people suddenly attempting to access it in storm areas. I'm sure it will work again soon.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I currently hear thunder and rain
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Incredible lightning in Middleton, no thunder though hope it comes further.

I'm just a few miles away up the M61, and the lightning is intense here at the minute.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We got a full on storm in Mid, amazing :)

We have lost our Sky TV.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It thunderstorms here in Oldham with some amazing lighting in last 15 mins of so.
  • Options
    cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Large electrical show visible in the distance near Coningsby. Looks quite active.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4.5k lightning strikes :o:o
  • Options
    TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to catch with the camera, failed dismally but a great storm.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4ll3mw wrote: »
    I think it will come I've got a terrible headache (always do when it's muggy) I expect thunder will start and then i will get the usual nose bleed within minutes.

I don't need a weather forecast just my head and nose.

I get the headaches with the inpending thunderstorm ; nothing here in Gloucestershire
  • Options
    redgarnredgarn Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Theres a huge thunderstorm over the pennines right now, I looking north on the outskirts of Sheffield. It seemed to be over Manchester and now moving towards West Yorkshire. It's amazing I've never seen lightening as frequently as this, it's every second. Can't hear any thunder though.
  • Options
    GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible lightning storm in bradford. It's like watching the northern lights out there. The whole sky is lighting up every few seconds. No rain or thunder yet!
  • Options
    FrankieThePandaFrankieThePanda Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GREATGUY wrote: »
    Incredible lightning storm in bradford. It's like watching the northern lights out there. The whole sky is lighting up every few seconds. No rain or thunder yet!

Same here in wakefield, freakily beautiful whole sky lighting up threw clouds, kinda dispointed there's no sound as it would be a epic storm
  • Options
    OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had the same storm in Bury. Lightning with no thunder or rain for a good half an hour/45minutes. Huge forks all over the sky.
    Then came the thunder and the rain for another 15 minutes.

Absolutely stunning. Never seen anything like it.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Couldn't have my PC on last night. So stuffy that the internal fan was thrashing away when the PC hit 102F.
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at www.lightningmaps.org, it looks as if the French coastline has some bad storms and one in this country, possibly over Dorset.

If the storms come over from the French coast, there could be some good (for those that like them) storms here.