Options

Getting cold called from Club La Costa Timeshare, what to do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the time difference between here and the US was only about 5-8 hours. :confused:
  • Options
    scottlscottl Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's therapeutic to be obnoxious when you know they deserve it.
    if you watch the call center they're used to it though :)

Or just ignore forever.
    I have a missed call upon my mobile from NY regularly - It's like an old friend.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Don't know what to do when they ring again

If they ring again and you answer, ask them if the call is being recorded. If they say it is, say "please remove me from all marketing and promotional calls and contacts. i do not want any further contact with your company".

If they try it on with any of the usual flannel with "Oh but you're missing out on ...." interrupt them and repeat the line, but louder and firmer.

As far as i'm aware, if you make that request, they're legally obliged to comply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they ring again and you answer, ask them if the call is being recorded. If they say it is, say "please remove me from all marketing and promotional calls and contacts. i do not want any further contact with your company".

If they try it on with any of the usual flannel with "Oh but you're missing out on ...." interrupt them and repeat the line, but louder and firmer.

As far as i'm aware, if you make that request, they're legally obliged to comply.

What, still ringing him 18 months later?
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well you're the one who bumped the thread...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    Well you're the one who bumped the thread...

I replied to a post, just before mine, from a poster based in the US.
    It's gone!
    I noticed the OP was 2013 and wondered why the US poster bumped it.

Will mods remove a post if asked?
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buy a whistle and blow it down the line
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I replied to a post, just before mine, from a poster based in the US.
    It's gone!
    I noticed the OP was 2013 and wondered why the US poster bumped it.

Will mods remove a post if asked?

Hehe, I thought you might have posted in the wrong thread or something, I've done it before when I got my browser tabs mixed up.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't realise it was a necro-bump but the principle still applies. It's a pain for sure, but personally i've found it's the most effective method for eliminating cold calls.
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Rang again yesterday at 12.30pm and again tonight. This time they let it ring until it went to my voicemail. The message played and the phone went silent for about 5 seconds then they hung up. I still don't know if it's worth answering it and asking how they got my number or whether that will make it worse. Mind you how can it be worse. They obviously aren't giving up. Tw*ts! How can anyone work for a company that uses such dirty tactics of harassing people and making peoples lives a misery.

My son has just gone to bed. It's a good job the phone never woke him up as this is a ridiculous time to call someone.

It's very much of a coincidence how I've not had one single sales call in 7 years yet a month after my move to sky I'm now getting these. To answer an above post we are opted off the electoral register but as far as I know they don't have my phone number anyway.

I'm with Sky for our phone/broadband and have had no problems with cold callers, had more problems when we were with BT and ex directory tbh, all I can suggest is speak to Customer service at Sky (free call), they may be able to give you some advice.