FV:CH32 Movie Mix

123457»

Comments

• pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the TV shows and movies that Movie Mix show uncut?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on the time most of the films etc run for I would say on average they are less cut than say ITV or UKTV services but I suppose it will depend on the timeslot some programmes are broadcast in.

There is alot of TV movie shows etc. but it is nice to have another choice for films etc and it can be fun to watch the Hoff and Co. slow running along the beach.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excluding the adverts/trailers The Keeper_ The Legend of Omar Khayyam (Classification: 15) had a run time of just over 81 minutes. If it was uncut it would have been 95 minutes.

The video bit rate for the broadcast I watched was half of a BBC three film I'd recorded at about the same time. It is not suprising if the result was as if someone had smeared vaseline on the camera lens. Even on the simlar style non-demanding credits the MovieMix video was noticably poorer.

With so much of the MoviMix film missing, the picture quality so poor and the position of the DOG can this really be counted as a serious offering?
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice that there appears to be no EPG information after the shopping on the morning of May 3rd. Has Movie Mix come to an end or is this just a lapse in the scheduling?
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Bizman wrote: »
    I notice that there appears to be no EPG information after the shopping on the morning of May 3rd. Has Movie Mix come to an end or is this just a lapse in the scheduling?

Given that date is past the end of the official Freeview EPG, I wouldn't take any notice of it at the moment.
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, closer examination has shown that all channels stop at that time, so it is the info provider's 14-day EPG only doing 9 or 10 days instead of their usual 14.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    More>Movies now has a DTPS licence... it's not a rename of the Movie Mix one either, this is properly held by Sony. Will we finally see Movie Mix complete its transformation?
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    More>Movies now has a DTPS licence... it's not a rename of the Movie Mix one either, this is properly held by Sony. Will we finally see Movie Mix complete its transformation?
    To the viewer wouldn't it just be a case of the DOG changing? Not that that would be a bad thing, as the MovieMix white rectangle is just awful.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that DOG is disgraceful. But, when did all this talk of Sony Movies coming to Freeview start? Where's the space coming from?
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Yeah, that DOG is disgraceful. But, when did all this talk of Sony Movies coming to Freeview start? Where's the space coming from?
    COM7? Local TV mux?

Really speculating now:
    The two slots currently being used by BT Sport?
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be the BT channels moviemix slot is one fore more then movies and the 2 BT spots slots for the other channels
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    the MovieMix white rectangle is just awful.

Ditto !
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    well it looks like the owners have sold Movie mix to Sony
    http://www.iii.co.uk/research/LSE:CLTV/news/item/1035725/agreement-entertainment-network-ltd