Options

Virgin media discount but only if you take the phone line too?

davetechdavetech Posts: 286
Forum Member
Dear all,

I have recently cancelled by Virgin TV and Virgin Phone,

I am keeping the broadband,

But hear is the issue, Virgin seem to be still in the day of the gas lamp when it comes to packages, why do they have this weird policy that its always cheaper when you take a landline?

I just wanted XL tv and M broadband but it would cost me more that it would to have a phone line too, how does this make any sense, even the lady at vigin media agreed that these days everyone uses mobiles,

Unlike years ago you needed a land line to obtain credit you now find this requirment has be abolished so why do we need to have one to get it cheaper,

The only thing i can think is that it pumps the numbers of multi sub's up.

And in fairness the landline priced at £11.99 is such a rip off and the price per min is too, 4 min's to my mobile cost 72p - from my mobile 4 min's to land line is 40p

Does anybody else think they should offer better non-land line deals?

please discuss..............

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    totally agree, i would dump the phone line in seconds if i did not have to pay more without it
  • Options
    seanfitzyseanfitzy Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to be fair if you went anywhere else you would have to have phoneline.BUt its not dearer having phoneline,i assume you mean L broadband as there is no m,so-
    L broadband and xl tv is £42.50
    http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/my_basket/shopping-basket.do?id=21
    L broadband xltv and m phone is £35.50 a month plus £11.99 which is a total off -£47.49
    http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/triple-builder.html
  • Options
    pjcd1970pjcd1970 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! VM should at least include evening calls in the £11.99 price.
    As a mobile operator I can't see why they don't offer a TV/Broadband/Mobile bundle for customers who don't want or need a landline.
  • Options
    Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davetech wrote: »
    Dear all,

I have recently cancelled by Virgin TV and Virgin Phone,

I am keeping the broadband,

But hear is the issue, Virgin seem to be still in the day of the gas lamp when it comes to packages, why do they have this weird policy that its always cheaper when you take a landline?

I just wanted XL tv and M broadband but it would cost me more that it would to have a phone line too, how does this make any sense, even the lady at vigin media agreed that these days everyone uses mobiles,

Unlike years ago you needed a land line to obtain credit you now find this requirment has be abolished so why do we need to have one to get it cheaper,

The only thing i can think is that it pumps the numbers of multi sub's up.

And in fairness the landline priced at £11.99 is such a rip off and the price per min is too, 4 min's to my mobile cost 72p - from my mobile 4 min's to land line is 40p

Does anybody else think they should offer better non-land line deals?

please discuss..............

Your own logic defeats you here!

I have highlighted two of your statements.

You state that a bundle with a phone line is cheaper than one without. This implies that Virgin Media make a negative charge for their phoneline in this bundle.

While I might agree that £11.99 is expensive for a landline, that is not what you would be paying should you choose to have one.

It seems a no brainer to me that if you can get three services cheaper than two services then you should have all three, even if you choose not to use the third.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    i have the landline but rarely use it as i use my mobile but it comes in handy to ring 0800 national charge numbers and virgin CS as on a mobile your charge for these calls