Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nasty Celebs I've met:

JLS - 'We haven't got the time for you, we're going for dinner.'

Jacquie McQueen off Hollyoaks - Don't know her name in real life and I don't want to. Said hello to her and she gave me a dirty look. So I said back 'Eee, why've you got a face like a smacked arse?!' and she didn't know what to say.

You sound way too sensitive.
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i better not tell you about my experience this year,

Please do :D I just thought that he comes over quite well on One Show + Countryfile I'm happy to be proved wrong tho' !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anastacia - So lovely and down to earth. Beautiful woman and fantastic artist
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,887
    Forum Member
    Celebrities I've met who were absolutely lovely too me:

Marcia Cross (Bree from Desperate Housewives) - She's so classy in real life it's unreal. She's actually like Bree. She was lovely and told me I have lovely skin. Absolute sweetheart and was chatting to us for over an hour.

Nicole Scherzinger - She's classy and fabulous and told me I could be an honnorary doll.

Anastacia - Glasgow X Factor auditions. Her car was about to drive off and she made the driver stop so she could get in photo's with us.

Samantha Brick - People think she's horrid because of her article, she was so warm to me. Explained the whole thing to me and I agree with her. But she made us all feel warm and welcome and she even bought us a cup of coffee.

Deana off Big Brother - Again, classy and fabulous. She told us about how she was bullied at school and she stood up for herself. So lovely, I'd love to meet her again. Got such an amazing energy off her.

Nasty Celebs I've met:

Conor off Big Brother - Walked passed us all and told a fan he won't get a picture with her because she said Deana was sweet and that he has 50k so he's too good for it.

Dawn Fresh - Oh, what an absolute monster.

JLS - 'We haven't got the time for you, we're going for dinner.'

Jacquie McQueen off Hollyoaks - Don't know her name in real life and I don't want to. Said hello to her and she gave me a dirty look. So I said back 'Eee, why've you got a face like a smacked arse?!' and she didn't know what to say.

French?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    It begs the question of why you'd do it with someone you disliked so much really!

Maybe he had a big

wallet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.
    katmobile wrote: »
    It begs the question of why you'd do it with someone you disliked so much really!
    bullman wrote: »
    Maybe he had a big

wallet

Despite him being an idiot, he was pretty good in the sack :cool:
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    has anyone ever met Jennifer Aniston? i LOVE LOVE LOVE her and met at the horrible bosses premiere last year in july and she was so lovely and she gave me a hug! :D

has anyone else ever had an experience with her or heard anything?

That doesn't surprise me. I went to an author event, where the woman in question had interviewed a lot of showbiz stars. She hadn't met JA, but she had a friend who had been an assistant on a film that Jennifer had been in. (This was when JA was married to Brad Pitt.) Her friend said that Jennifer was an absolutely sweetheart, genuinely lovely, and had bought a lovely gift for her assistant after filming had finished, to thank the assistant for all her hard work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Jennifer Aniston one too - I've never met her but a friend did when she went to LA at a coffee shop and she said she was lovely and chatted for a while.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think being busy on a way to dinner, and not having time for fans makes someone nasty, though.

Also, Maybe Jacquie McQueen didn't hear your "hello" and actually gave you a questioning look? I've hear reports about her, that she is actually quite lovely.

The girl who runs Soap Secret Spoilers on Twitter who has met loads of soap stars consistently names Claire Cooper (Jacqui) as one of the loveliest soap stars she has ever met.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I'm always dubious about people claiming to have met rude celebrities when the celebs are off duty. I think I'd be pretty p**sed off if I was on downtime and someone came up to me expecting me to be "on".

Celebrities who are needlessly rude in a professional capacity, however, are inexcusable (just like every other person who is in a work environment)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always dubious about people claiming to have met rude celebrities when the celebs are off duty. I think I'd be pretty p**sed off if I was on downtime and someone came up to me expecting me to be "on".

Celebrities who are needlessly rude in a professional capacity, however, are inexcusable (just like every other person who is in a work environment)

If you're a celebrity you can't expect to never sign autographs for fans. You don't have to, but they are the people who keep you in work.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Brother in law used to work at a concert venue and said Macy Gray was friendly when he met her backstage. Jayne MacDonald (Loose Women ) was a bit full of herself and went on about being mobbed by hordes fans outside the venue.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the caveat has been made on this thread before, that people could just be having a bad day, and so it's then nice to read about counter stories. There are however certain slebs that seem to recur quite a lot in unpleasantness.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lembit Opik is lovely :)

Does he qualify as a celebrity?:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    Does he qualify as a celebrity?:eek:

Sorry, he was the best I had. :o
    I've only contributed Steven moffat and Lembit Opik to this thread. No I probably said a couple of others too.
    Emma Atkins (Emmerdale) and Matthew Kelly were lovely.
    I saw Michelle Collins (Eastenders/Corrie) at Manchester Piccadilly about a month ago, she gave me a right look, but I did realise once I got on my train I had my skirt tucked in my knickers...:o
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please do :D I just thought that he comes over quite well on One Show + Countryfile I'm happy to be proved wrong tho' !

Well he used the train service i was on earlier this year, countryfile filming i guess he was going to, moaned about his seat and was very loud when using the phone but he spoke to my colleague like he was shit.

Apparently being attended to in 1st class by a gay man is not of his liking.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I know people who have worked in security, and it's usually the case that the celeb will look like they want to stay but the security will bundle them away and look like the bad guys. The celeb is the one in control.

Oh I believe this. I have a friend who used to work in security and said there was a pint sized melodramatic pop/rock diva who told him to hurry her along while she was "trying" to sign autographs.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Brother in law used to work at a concert venue and said Macy Gray was friendly when he met her backstage. Jayne MacDonald (Loose Women ) was a bit full of herself and went on about being mobbed by hordes fans outside the venue.

Sorry meant to edit shuld read hordes of non existent fans outside the venue
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Michelle Collins (Eastenders/Corrie) at Manchester Piccadilly about a month ago, she gave me a right look, but I did realise once I got on my train I had my skirt tucked in my knickers...:o

Funny! A shame that she didn't invite you "through the back" to sort out that wardrobe malfunction! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    The only celeb I managed to meet is Levi Roots (Dragons Den).

He was promoting his new products in the big tesco's near me. The que was suprisingly massive, everyone wanted to get his autograph and photo taken with him. :)

I managed to get a signature and a photo taken with him. He was a very friendly guy, laughing and joking, he even did his reggae reggae song with his guitar. Everyone clapped n cheered. I can see why that Dragon warmed to him. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Years ago I met John Cleese during a work function. He was really rude and totally up his own a*se. Only wanted to talk to the "top people" and actually turned his back on me when I said hello. I wasn't being star-struck, but my job was PA to the Director, so I was greeting him as I would anyone else. Really obnoxious man.

Met Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their Fame - just after Relax and Two Tribes had been number one. They came to my school after our class invited them in to do an interview for our school magazine (we found out what hotel they were staying in and contacted them). They were great, answered all our questions and had photos taken with all of us. They were only in the area for a couple of days, but happily gave up a couple of hours for us. The only one who didn't come was Holly Johnson who was hungover apparently!

I also met Joey Barton as he was getting on the team coach after a match. Even though they'd lost, he got out and signed autographs when the fans (of the team who beat them!) called his name. He had a photo taken with my son, so I'm a fan now - despite the reputation!

I'm not surprised about John Cleese - he walked past me in a hotel gym and he didn't make eye contact - definite FO body language/aura
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Funny! A shame that she didn't invite you "through the back" to sort out that wardrobe malfunction! ;)

hehe, embarrassing at the time, hilarious ten minutes after :D:o:D
  • MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    International and ex-radio 1 DJ Fergie.

Nice Guy, came to my work in a top of the range Porsche, we thought he must have been a drug dealer :o........he was lovely, very unassuming...it was the receptionist that recognised him on the way out.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only celeb I managed to meet is Levi Roots (Dragons Den).

He was promoting his new products in the big tesco's near me. The que was suprisingly massive, everyone wanted to get his autograph and photo taken with him. :)

I managed to get a signature and a photo taken with him. He was a very friendly guy, laughing and joking, he even did his reggae reggae song with his guitar. Everyone clapped n cheered. I can see why that Dragon warmed to him. :)

A pleasant disposition goes a long, long way in the business world. Some of our Z-lebs need to learn that.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    The girl who runs Soap Secret Spoilers on Twitter who has met loads of soap stars consistently names Claire Cooper (Jacqui) as one of the loveliest soap stars she has ever met.

That's what I keep reading from many blogs or posts on different sites, that she is absolutely lovely.