Masterchef Australia Allstars

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a warm and fuzzy episode wasn't it?

I loved loved loved Aaron 'doing' George when they had 10 mins to go in the Allstars vs. Chefs contest, he was spot on!

Was Poh's big ball meant to spurt the ice cream out like that?! I thought it would be like a Baked Alaska kinda thing where the middle stays solid
  • honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    It was a warm and fuzzy episode wasn't it?

I loved loved loved Aaron 'doing' George when they had 10 mins to go in the Allstars vs. Chefs contest, he was spot on!

Was Poh's big ball meant to spurt the ice cream out like that?! I thought it would be like a Baked Alaska kinda thing where the middle stays solid

Oh yes totally agree, great show it really did have an end of term feeling to it. We (even the family have joined me for all stars) said that 'egg ball' looked dodgy, soft inside hard outside, it was bound to make a mess when trying to get into it!:D

Is there a Master Chef Anonymous thread out there for all us sad lost people or is there another programme lurking somewhere that we just haven't found yet?
  • Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    honeypot wrote: »

Is there a Master Chef Anonymous thread out there for all us sad lost people or is there another programme lurking somewhere that we just haven't found yet?

If you find one let me know!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I love love love MCA and i will be so sad when tomorrow comes and no gary and george to look forward to....:cry:

I will be needing that helpline too....as MCprofs has finished too and now no MRJ:cry::cry:

I know it isnt much consolation but Watch will be showing MCNZ early 2013... its still masterchef.... but without the warm fuzzies :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not watched the last 3 episodes and I'm out tonight. I'm saving them all up to treat myself with on Sunday. I've so enjoyed this series.
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are we going to do after tonight??? I may cry.

Maggie Beer, yay! I like her.
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maggie Beer,,,,,,,,She cooked the best looking "chuck" in the last series, just wish we had taste tv.....
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Cooeee - just cooking tea while this is on - I vaguely heard Dani make some comment which sounded irritating to the lovely Callum!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Cooeee - just cooking tea while this is on - I vaguely heard Dani make some comment which sounded irritating to the lovely Callum!

Yes - he said he was cooking vegetarian and she shouted something about how that wasn't catering FOR HER!

He's changed his mind now though, lol.

Callum's meal does look really appealing - I love those big meals with families/friends all sitting around digging in.

Callum's blog (on his Facebook) about the food bank project is really interesting. I hadn't thought about how many people rely on food banks to eat, and then how many people who donate to food banks all donate the same stuff. I'm going to look into local ones to me here and see if I can get involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait, what happened to Maggie's arm??
    Forum Member
    Wait ... Didn't Callum have to do a snow egg in his final?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait ... Didn't Callum have to do a snow egg in his final?!

Yes, and he cocked it up. This one's different apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I say cocked it up - he didn't, he just didn't do as well as Adam.
    Forum Member
    Uh huh!!! Having never seen a snow egg until the titles and now here - I sit awaiting to be convinced :-))

Chris not looking in control at the moment.
    Go, eyebrow-boy!!!'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh huh!!! Having never seen a snow egg until the titles and now here - I sit awaiting to be convinced :-))

Chris not looking in control at the moment.
    Go, eyebrow-boy!!!'

Ooohh, you never saw Adam & Callum's final? It was brilliant. The snow egg was amazing, I love the concept of it. Usually the 'scary' desserts just strike me as a bit bonkers and pointless, but I think it looks gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Ooohh, you never saw Adam & Callum's final? It was brilliant. The snow egg was amazing, I love the concept of it. Usually the 'scary' desserts just strike me as a bit bonkers and pointless, but I think it looks gorgeous.

No I saw a few bits of season 1 and just what I saw in the opening credits of Callum looking quizzically at the snow egg in the titles.
    Bonkers is totally right though!!!

Ohhhh Callum!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once this is over, I'm off to hunt for the Adam-Callum final online, it really was good. I'm loving how much Callum has matured and improved since his series. Not that he wasn't good then, but he was just so young and inexperienced and he's clearly been working so hard in the meantime.
    Forum Member
    I would love to know when do they interview the guys for the running commentary - before or after they know what has happened?
    Forum Member
    "Tchool" of "tweel" for the word "tuile"
    Discuss in no more than 15 words to win a fabulous prize!!!
    Forum Member
    Awwww I think I am actually tearing up!!! He was so adorkable all through this all-stars series!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww Callum!
    Forum Member
    What I want to know is ... Does he get to ride away on the scooter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I want to know is ... Does he get to ride away on the scooter?

Lol! He really should.
    Forum Member
    Well it has been a pleasure chatting with everyone over the past couple of series - see you all for MC Aus 2013?!