Options

Simpsons tapped out

Comments

• Options
    MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the adds people :)

Noticed something odd...I always raid my neighbours' towns and do the daily actions at the same time. They both start counting down from 24 hours, however this morning I've discovered I can raid neighbours again even though there are still several hours to go for the daily actions! So it seems the raid time is actually less than 24 hours...anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys if you having trouble getting Elixir and gold it because the people you are attacking are defending

There some strategy to this event you get more elixir and gold if you succeed in destroying a building hence it better to attack with more nerds giving them less time to act.

How ever sometimes if you find a person that does not seem to log on a lot you can get a big haul of loot just by sending 1 nerd and waiting it out.

uses you 20 die to take out castles instantly and not to defend as they yield the most elixir and gold.

Also don't attack your neighbours as you don't get as much as attacking a stranger
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ was any of that properly explained in the game itself as it is a bit confusing and also seems unfair not to explain the ins and outs
    Do we get more elixir/gold the quicker we stop someone pillaging our houses and castles?

How come you get a big haul of loot if you use one nerd?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ was any of that properly explained in the game itself as it is a bit confusing and also seems unfair not to explain the ins and outs
    Do we get more elixir/gold the quicker we stop someone pillaging our houses and castles?

How come you get a big haul of loot if you use one nerd?

You only get a lot of loot with one nerd per house if the person does not defend for that period. So for example you invaded towns with people that don't seem to log in a lot. for the 9+ hours you can use one nerd per house which is 70 elixir. do that a couple of times you get a lot of elixir and gold.

Can be a gamble though some people could defend in time and you won't get a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only get a lot of loot with one nerd per house if the person does not defend for that period. So for example you invaded towns with people that don't seem to log in a lot. for the 9+ hours you can use one nerd per house which is 70 elixir. do that a couple of times you get a lot of elixir and gold.

Oh yeah makes complete sense..all my friends seem to either play daily or not at all and don't even have the update lol

I have to say I dont feel that enthralled to build a castle - I see you can get walls but you have to pay with donuts
  • Options
    EBD3000EBD3000 Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do seem to get more for attacking a random rather than your friends. Don't know why!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member

I have to say I dont feel that enthralled to build a castle - I see you can get walls but you have to pay with donuts

You can buy wall pieces with elixir
  • Options
    uls2000uls2000 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attacking 2-3 houses in a random (non-friend's) Springfield with one nerd per attack seems to be getting a decent return for me

Remember if you have the red cheaters, either from the pack you get early in the event, or from some of the random ones that seem to get thrown out later, use them to attack non-friends' castles to get the best elixir and gold return
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can buy wall pieces with elixir

Not for every type of castle though - well not yet anyway for where I am in the game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotten 15 doughnuts from the quest line for this event, don't think it finished yet as I got to do some more tasks.

I have decided to let people destroy my houses. the cost in gold and elixir is pretty much the same if I defended it.

Not my castles mind as I need my nerds

I think for that reason this is why friends give lower payout as you can agree you will do this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So is anyone else bored of this event yet?

It looks like I've come to the end of the storyline now, I've managed to upgrade all my castles to level 10 and I'm just fed up of attacking neighbours as it takes so long to do! Still have a few prizes to get but they're all rubbish after the 1000 elixir (well actually that's not even great)!
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is anyone else bored of this event yet?[/quote

It looks like I've come to the end of the storyline now, I've managed to upgrade all my castles to level 10 and I'm just fed up of attacking neighbours as it takes so long to do! Still have a few prizes to get but they're all rubbish after the 1000 elixir (well actually that's not even great)!

I'm bored of it as well, especially as I've got everything I've already wanted (the various skins, and that's it), and it looks like I'll have completed the storyline tomorrow evening (I'm currently on Part 21, but the last two tasks take 3hrs combined).

And to think that we've still got more than a month of this (it ends on October 7th!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ But, in the meantime, there's been some new stuff added.

One of which is a Two-nicorn. It's basically a double-horned unicorn that, strangely, pukes rainbows. (It will cost you 70 doughnuts, though.)
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I'm not bored of it yet, I've still got a few skins and castles left to build and the little extra things like the two story outhouse etc.

The only thing that irritates me is that when I go to invade other towns I am not sure if I am going to the same people over and over again or if it's different people each time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well just as I say I'm getting bored they go and bring out a new level! :D Some interesting new buildings and two new Friendship Point prizes!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say something about the Clash of Clones storyline - I now the French, German, Russian, Spanish and Swedish for "an invader".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Not bored of it yet. Think I've finished story line but hoping there will be little additions as time goes on.
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Clans thing has grown tired quickly, but I still need the last few prizes so something to aim for at least.

Glad to see Database as a new addition. Also nice to see the Happy Sumo - not a bad price at 100 donuts.

Anyone unlocked the new board walk building yet?
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I don't think i'm going to make all the prizes, i'm just on 11,000 coins :( I just couldn't get into this event at the beginning and I fell behind. Now I really like it and want to get everything!!

Thinking about doing another donut purchase, Kamp Krusty is really appealing to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I don't think i'm going to make all the prizes, i'm just on 11,000 coins :( I just couldn't get into this event at the beginning and I fell behind. Now I really like it and want to get everything!!

Thinking about doing another donut purchase, Kamp Krusty is really appealing to me.

If you got the time attack with max nerds at weak spring fields you should get good loot per 2 hours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some new content just dropped.

Our favourite fatty german kid - Gunter, is a premium character and there are some new buildings that look like they are unlocked via quests.

Spit roast pig anyone.

New skyscraper for ten million cash too - boosts consumerism rating, which can be tricky to max out.

Perhaps some kind of Oktoberfest theme?
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had that update yet. I would have thought that it's either Oktoberfest or a short filler before Halloween.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Some new content just dropped.

Our favourite fatty german kid - Gunter, is a premium character and there are some new buildings that look like they are unlocked via quests.

Spit roast pig anyone.

New skyscraper for ten million cash too - boosts consumerism rating, which can be tricky to max out.

Perhaps some kind of Oktoberfest theme?

It's not just that - one of the other things added is a ZiffCorp sign (you need to (a) be at Level 45 and (b) have built Honest John's Computers to get this). And when you build that, you get Artie Ziff.

And I've now got some serious grinding to do: I'm nowhere near Level 45 (I think I'm on something like 170K XP and you need 454K XP to level up). It's a good thing, too - I've now got everything from the Clash of Clones event and was facing about three weeks of nothingness.

PS - With Uter now in the game (as well as inside all of us), they better include Lunchlady Doris for Halloween. She can then Have "Cook Uterbraten" and "Cook Sloppy Jimbos" as tasks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

PS - With Uter now in the game (as well as inside all of us), they better include Lunchlady Doris for Halloween. She can then Have "Cook Uterbraten" and "Cook Sloppy Jimbos" as tasks.

Realised I put Gunter yesterday, rather than Uter, doh! Me fail English, that's unpossible!

Agree - Lunchlady Doris would be a great addition with those tasks.
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New premium building today - Krusty's Mansion for 115 donuts!