Options

EE - Who would you like to see back?

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
I know these threads are made quite a lot but ohwell:)

Anyway, were heading into what looks like an explosive era in Walford! Which will hopefully last now! Especially after the poor 2011-2013 period! But there's quite a few characters I would love to be part of it:(

There are three characters that stand out for me that I would LOVE to bring back, my first would be...

Tanya branning, I actually find tanya quite a good character, she's a caring mother, who is very find of her family, and viewers love her, she became very stale in the Lorainne newman period before she left, which is a real shame! I would love to see tanya return, and I think she will definitely return one day, but I'd definitely being her back for this explosive autumn, especially with the temporary departures of Lauren and max soon.

My second would be janine butcher, I find janine fantastic viewing! She's brilliant! And a pure soap bitch, and without a doubt the best! I feel like charlie Brooke's left at the completely wrong time, and I hope she does return under dtc as he would do so much with janine! I'm pretty sure she'll return in the future though:) it's a shame to have lost so many butchers such as ricky bianca and pat:( so I hope janine will return soon!

My third would be peggy mitchell, and I'd probably like to see her back the most, peggy is like the queen of EastEnders and we as viewers love her! She was my favourite landlady, and she is a fantastic matriarch! And unlike so many leading ladies (pat, Pauline, Lou, Angie etc...) peggy is still alive and out there, she is probably the most popular and iconic landlady to have ever walked soap... However, I ADORE shirley, linda and sort of mick running the vic so I wouldn't want that change, but with pretty much all the Mitchell's back together (minus grant and sam), at the end of this month, it would be a fantastic opportunity for peggy to return! I would definitely try and get Babs to return!

Who would you bring back for the explosive autumn and beyond?:)

Comments

• Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen Janine DEFINITELY
    A Sean Slater return would be good too
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, :)

Tanya Branning - I love this women to bits!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    Queen Janine DEFINITELY
    A Sean Slater return would be good too

Sean's brilliant! And janine is also a queen, yes:)
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,198
    Forum Member
    Grant Mitchell obviously.
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irene
    Beppe
    Lynne/Gary - loved them together
    Little Mo
    Might not be the most exciting characters but the Slater era was my personal favourite period and I loved the Pat/Frank/Peggy/Irene/Terry/ Roy holiday

Also Kate but that's just cos I love Jill Halfpenny
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick Carters swimming lessons.
  • Options
    Polly11Polly11 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I would like to see janine back. Also ryan should return full time
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (Charlie & Jean slater,Olly,Ryan Malloy, Zainab, permanently) Martin fowler bring back for 6 months also peggy & grant back for 6 months to help fill in some cracks continuity really use those 3 character heavy in the 6 months of them being back then have them leave with some distruction behind them also would really help the ratings.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Sean
    Zainab
    Janine
    David
    Jake
    Michael :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    Mick Carters swimming lessons.

Please, no:D.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean , Ryan , and Grant to build up the male side again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ameew wrote: »
    Sean , Ryan , and Grant to build up the male side again

Agreed. Ryan is supposed to be coming back permanently isn't he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    Grant Mitchell obviously.

Good choice;)
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean, Tanya, Zoe, Little Mo
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanya
    Joey
    The brannings need something!!

Ryan

Bradley and pat :(

Peggy

David wicks

Grant
    Martin fowler

Not to come back: Alice branning, Ricky, Bianca, nick cotton but he unfortunately is,
    Defo not jack branning
    Unsure what to do with the slaters except for killing Alfie off
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't want to see Tanya back, ever.

Zainab, Chrissie, Janine and Peggy would be ace.

From beyond the grave : Michael and Pat.

Personally I think that they should be focussing on the cast they have currently rather than expanding too much.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Grant would be nice but then I don't want him anywhere hear Jane. Kate Mitchell is another one who I would like to see again, she was good friends with Ian.

Daphne Fox is probably the one I want to return the most, she hated Denise and I still want to know why.

Zainab and Tanya are good characters, but they just went round in circles so I would prefer it if they stayed away.

Janes mum Linda was fab and underused.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see more of Ritchie and Keeble actually, technically not a return tho.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel
    Dan
    Grant
    Chrissie
    Jake
    Peggy
    Dawn
    Chelsea
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Much as I'd like to see Zainab and some Slater women back it's strong males the show needs....the likes of Grant, Sean, a more adult Ryan, or even Jake.

TBH they'd probably be better off unwimping some of the existing male characters. Give Mick and Charlie some teeth and give the soldier boy an edge.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joey. I miss his pretty face and his muscles bulging out of his tight white shirts
  • Options
    EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah we do miss our joey
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Please, no:D.

Lee Carters secret twin, played by the same actor?
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't want to see Tanya back, ever.

Zainab, Chrissie, Janine and Peggy would be ace.

From beyond the grave : Michael and Pat.

Personally I think that they should be focussing on the cast they have currently rather than expanding too much.

I don't ever want a Tanya return either. One of my most hated characters. I would love if Michael had left ambiguously so he could return . Jake Moon wouldn't be a bad shout either .
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I know these threads are made quite a lot but ohwell:)

Anyway, were heading into what looks like an explosive era in Walford! Which will hopefully last now! Especially after the poor 2011-2013 period! But there's quite a few characters I would love to be part of it:(

There are three characters that stand out for me that I would LOVE to bring back, my first would be...

Tanya branning, I actually find tanya quite a good character, she's a caring mother, who is very find of her family, and viewers love her, she became very stale in the Lorainne newman period before she left, which is a real shame! I would love to see tanya return, and I think she will definitely return one day, but I'd definitely being her back for this explosive autumn, especially with the temporary departures of Lauren and max soon.

My second would be janine butcher, I find janine fantastic viewing! She's brilliant! And a pure soap bitch, and without a doubt the best! I feel like charlie Brooke's left at the completely wrong time, and I hope she does return under dtc as he would do so much with janine! I'm pretty sure she'll return in the future though:) it's a shame to have lost so many butchers such as ricky bianca and pat:( so I hope janine will return soon!

My third would be peggy mitchell, and I'd probably like to see her back the most, peggy is like the queen of EastEnders and we as viewers love her! She was my favourite landlady, and she is a fantastic matriarch! And unlike so many leading ladies (pat, Pauline, Lou, Angie etc...) peggy is still alive and out there, she is probably the most popular and iconic landlady to have ever walked soap... However, I ADORE shirley, linda and sort of mick running the vic so I wouldn't want that change, but with pretty much all the Mitchell's back together (minus grant and sam), at the end of this month, it would be a fantastic opportunity for peggy to return! I would definitely try and get Babs to return!

Who would you bring back for the explosive autumn and beyond?:)

Erm some rather sweeping statements there about the screeching and badly acted dwarf banshee. :D

Personally I wish she and her repulsive spawn had burned to death very slowly in the Vic when the scumbag potato committed arson (yet again).