Forum Member
    Anyone know if it's repeated before next Sunday
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's repeated before next Sunday
    I think you'll have to use iPlayer (or other "sources")

K
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    It's a bit clunky but enjoyable all the same.

It's no mean feat for Lacey, a soap star, that she's had this series shaped around her whilst these other cool actor-types surround her.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    It's a bit clunky but enjoyable all the same.

It's no mean feat for Lacey, a soap star, that she's had this series shaped around her whilst these other cool actor-types surround her.
    Not a first though, think Sarah Lancashire and "Happy Valley"...

K
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting Bradley from tring to appear
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was too bad but it did go through every cliche of these types of shows.

New recruit gets teased especially being a female in an all male group.

Then proves she is worthy by being brave. rolleyes.

Not sure how she survived the mine going off with out it taking her leg.

In a way, I thought it would have been a better idea to have had her lost her leg straight away and then we focus on her coping with life back at home. But then that would be very good for Army relations.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't no what other people where watching but I really enjoyed it, I don't think you where meant to take it too serious, it was just one of those switch your brain off and watch shows
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't going to win any Baftas but it was perfectly watchable...but then i quite enjoyed the pilot last year.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was too bad but it did go through every cliche of these types of shows.

New recruit gets teased especially being a female in an all male group.

Then proves she is worthy by being brave. rolleyes.

Not sure how she survived the mine going off with out it taking her leg.

In a way, I thought it would have been a better idea to have had her lost her leg straight away and then we focus on her coping with life back at home. But then that would be very good for Army relations.

And being deaf for several hours?

I found it watchable but not sure I will watch next week as you say, every cliche going was used.

Not sure how Smurf will be up and running after his injury last night. He would be out of action for months with torn muscles and the rest.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this on iplayer.

It was watchable enough, but didn't seem to be able to make up it's mind whether it was trying to be a serious drama or soapy entertainment.

Riddled with clichés & Lacey's character just didn't seem disciplined enough for someone to be in the army (or fit enough).

I did laugh at the team photo bit - Lacey looked to be such a short-arse amongst all those guys :D
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the clichés, it reminded me a bit of, "Private Benjamin."
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise there had been a one-off last year, so haven't seen that, but I enjoyed this.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    You might find watching this ten-minute recap of that one-off useful to fill in the back-story.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02613xh/our-girl-our-girl-10-minute-recap
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    This is the most hilarious piece of mis casting ever - Lacey Turner is so unconvincing in this role that the casting director involved should be sacked

As someone who saw her fluff her lines a few times I can say she has never been convincing in anything, posh drama school brats can do gobby chavs better than her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Not a first though, think Sarah Lancashire and "Happy Valley"...

K

Lancashire is a credible adaptable believable actress, Turner is not.😃
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with this on iplayer.

It was watchable enough, but didn't seem to be able to make up it's mind whether it was trying to be a serious drama or soapy entertainment.

Riddled with clichés & Lacey's character just didn't seem disciplined enough for someone to be in the army (or fit enough).

I did laugh at the team photo bit - Lacey looked to be such a short-arse amongst all those guys :D

Comming soon to the fappening 😃😃
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    It isn't going to win any Baftas but it was perfectly watchable...but then i quite enjoyed the pilot last year.

I only ended up seeing the pilot cos I wasn't fit to move off the couch with a chest infection and it came on (my dad had the remote).

As said though, it's a pity that it's going up against Downton. Nice to see Iwan Rheon playing a semi (so far anyway) nice guy after being a complete and utter bastard in Game of Thrones.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To everyone saying they hated Lacey Turner, did you watch the TV film of it before this series?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just catching up.

Really enjoyed the first series and this one seems good too.

Although I cant help thinking of Stacey when I look at Lacey!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To everyone saying they hated Lacey Turner, did you watch the TV film of it before this series?

Yes and it was unmitigated rubbish imop
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    I've just watched this and thought it was absolutely rubbish - like others have said already it's so cliched and cringey - the dialogue is woeful!

And I just can't believe Lacey Turner in the role - I thought she was great in Eastenders, and I think I've only seen her in that and then this. I just don't believe in her character.

And no offence to the actress, but are we supposed to believe that the really hunky Captain is going to have the 'glad eye' for her? Just as it was hinted (I thought anyway) that the equally gorgeous Matthew McNulty had developed a thing for her in the original drama?

I'll still watch the rest though, purely on the strength of Iwan Rheon's lovely accent.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    I've just watched this and thought it was absolutely rubbish - like others have said already it's so cliched and cringey - the dialogue is woeful!

And I just can't believe Lacey Turner in the role - I thought she was great in Eastenders, and I think I've only seen her in that and then this. I just don't believe in her character.

And no offence to the actress, but are we supposed to believe that the really hunky Captain is going to have the 'glad eye' for her? Just as it was hinted (I thought anyway) that the equally gorgeous Matthew McNulty had developed a thing for her in the original drama?

I'll still watch the rest though, purely on the strength of Iwan Rheon's lovely accent.

Lacey did in a interview in tv times that there will be a love triangle which is probably just an excuse for pointless sex scenes that add nothing to the show. She did have one in the pilot but it wasn't great. She looked bored in that. Anyone know how its going ratings wise?
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I think it came into its own tonight. Last week was a bit clunky, but this week had real emotional depth and some great depictions of army camaraderie. Lacey also showed why she's so highly thought of.