• Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Don Jon (2013). 7/10
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "In Time" starring Justin Timberlake. It was on TV last night and I watched it because it was directed and written by Andrew Niccol who wrote and directed Gattaca. (my favourite film).

I don't normally like Justin Timberlake and his co-star, Amanda Seyfried, was rubbish. But it also starred Cillian Murphy so things weren't all bad. The premise was good and it was Sci Fi which is my favourite Genre.

It is set in the future when everybody is programmed to die at the age of 25. The only way people can prevent their death is to obtain more time. Time is used instead of money so workers are paid in time. Time can also be given away and stolen. Rich people are chronologically old but their bodies will always be as they were at 25. So the richer in time you are, the older you will get without actually physically aging. Amanda Seyfried plays a girl whose father who owns the Time bank and is a time millionaire. Justin Timberlake plays a worker, Will, who decides to fight the system when a man whose life he saves, commits suicide because he is fed up of eternal life. Will becomes a suspect in the man's murder and ends up in the Time rich side of town where he wins and loses time and gets the girl.

I give it 8/10
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011) - 7/10
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convoy 1978 ...9/10 great funny feel good CB trucking film ! 10/4 :)
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Convoy 1978 ...9/10 great funny feel good CB trucking film ! 10/4 :)

Heh! For years, I couldn't tell these apart: Convoy, High Balling, Breaker Breaker, Every Which Way but Loose, and Steel Cowboy.

All were released within a year of each other, then on VHS a year later. My uncle was into this sort so we saw all those films, which became a confusing mass of memories for me. Smokey and the Bandits, too, but easier to remember as it has Burt Reynolds in a black car.

I think I can keep them straight now. Convoy = Kris Kristofferson. High Balling = Peter Fonda. Breaker Breaker = Chuck Norris. Every Which Way but Loose = Clint Eastwood. Steel Cowboy = James Brolin. I haven't seen those since I was a kid. I'm getting a copy of Convoy so thanks for the reminder.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    The Call - 5/10...good film up until the last 30 minutes or so, then all that's good gets ruined.
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    That's what everyone says.

Not me. I thought it was rubbish pretty much from the start.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Not sure of it's a series of movies or a miniseries but the last thing I watched was the Red Riding trilogy. I think my favourite was the 1st part but I'll give it a 8.5/10 overall.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure of it's a series of movies or a miniseries but the last thing I watched was the Red Riding trilogy. I think my favourite was the 1st part but I'll give it a 8.5/10 overall.

I have a love-hate relationship with that trilogy.
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but I didn't get very far before giving up on it. What a load of poorly acted bilge.
  • Options
    Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Philomena
    Surprisingly charming little film, Judy Dench is charming, but Steve Coogan was a revelation. Really enjoyable, poignant story 8/10

Just watched this,I really enjoyed it too but found the whole story heartbreaking. I was also quite surprised by Steve Coogan in it as I've never really rated him as a particularly good actor but I have most definitely changed my mind now.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facing The Truth (At kende sandheden) (2002) 9/10
    Diplomacy (Diplomatie) (2014) 6/10
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pompeii and Plastic
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silence of the lambs :o
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Blended.

Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore and a small part for one of my favourite comedy actors, Terry Crews.

Formulaic and a bit cheesy, but its a very easy watch and quite endearing in a way.

6/10.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About Time
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Heh! For years, I couldn't tell these apart: Convoy, High Balling, Breaker Breaker, Every Which Way but Loose, and Steel Cowboy.

All were released within a year of each other, then on VHS a year later. My uncle was into this sort so we saw all those films, which became a confusing mass of memories for me. Smokey and the Bandits, too, but easier to remember as it has Burt Reynolds in a black car.

I think I can keep them straight now. Convoy = Kris Kristofferson. High Balling = Peter Fonda. Breaker Breaker = Chuck Norris. Every Which Way but Loose = Clint Eastwood. Steel Cowboy = James Brolin. I haven't seen those since I was a kid. I'm getting a copy of Convoy so thanks for the reminder.

Yes your right its a late 70s thing when there were loads of country cowboy type music films !..Convoy works for me as I love the underdog beats cop theme type films ! the Monkey based Every Which Way But Loose Films I love too ! great unintelligent feel good movies ! :)
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Resident - 5.75/10
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maleficent (2014) Not my usual viewing but it was surprisingly engaging, it had an atmosphere which i thought was what The Hobbit as a book needed to make a good film. 7/10, a little bit generous maybe.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Sabotage - 7/10
    Wrong Turn 2 - 6/10
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Went to see Pride tonight, highly recommend.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wedding Daze - 5/10

A man proposes to a waitress he had never met before. She says yes. Hilarity is meant to ensue.

It's definitely watchable and there's a fairly big supporting cast which I'll probably need a second watch to get the most out of. It's typical rom-com stuff (odd friends; embarrassing in-laws etc) and Jason Biggs play the same character he always plays.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The Lego Movie (2014) 9/10

Loved it. In my top three for the year so far.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mad City - 5.25/10
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012) - 7.5/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member