Comments

• ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, what stories did I hate, hollyoaks

Jim being killed off and framed
    Sam and Danny dying
    Riley being killed and blamed for Brownings crimes
    Mercy getting 1 week in a hospital for setting up mitzeee and saying she stabbed her etc, yet mitzeee was in prison for ages
    Darren's mum changing
    Darren and Nancy getting back together and married to cover up her affair with rick
    Rick existing
    Ste and doug, doug had a big love story with a girl (whose nam find forget) then because Ste needed a love interest between Brendan he hug doug and doug decided he was in love with him.
    Jacqui leaving, she would be perfect for JP now
    Most of the pregnancies,

Most hollyoaks deaths (bar maddie's which was wonderful) are short shocks not always well thought out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you remember he went into the Kane house and basically booted Martha but we knew he had a secret which Lynsey discovered before she died and we were waiting months to find out who he was.

Vaguely (I didn't like the Kane's) what was he?
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the Who Shagged Kat stuff under Kirkwood? He just replicated it with the Who Screwed Sinead story when he got to HO.

Being gay is no guarantee of non-misogyny, unfortunately.

Yes but I suspect with a gay EP there will be less sexual objectification of women, simply because they are not viewed as sexual objects.
    Perhaps I'm being naive there :blush:
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    Yes but I suspect with a gay EP there will be less sexual objectification of women, simply because they are not viewed as sexual objects.
    Perhaps I'm being naive there :blush:

Not naive, just optimistic I think. :) But as pretty much every woman on HO is now pregnant or wants to be pregnant, I think there are other ways of reducing women to their biological functions.

It's not really about the producer being straight, gay, male or female. It's about how thoughtful they are. Luckily, some are more thoughtful than others.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony the fireman and Lloyd racist storyline in Corrie.
    It was embarassing from beginning to end.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vaguely (I didn't like the Kane's) what was he?

He was using a fake identity and had a long line if ex girlfriends he reaching m randomly walked out on.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the Baby Swap, Soaps shouldn't shy away from anything! No point wishing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    The baby swap.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    The sl I hate the most was EE's Who Shagged Kat! Secondly the Coronation Street "racism" sl. That was so boring. Next up is EE's Sharon and the painkiller addiction. Finally the whole Hollyoaks Sienna / Patrick/ Maxine and Dodger sl is becoming ridiculous.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Tony the fireman and Lloyd racist storyline in Corrie.
    It was embarassing from beginning to end.

This ^^ and .........

Baby Swap - Eastenders

Baby Swap - Coronation St

Jimmy losing his memory - Emmerdale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was using a fake identity and had a long line if ex girlfriends he reaching m randomly walked out on.

That's clearly why I don't remember it as it was a massive let down
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's clearly why I don't remember it as it was a massive let down

Yeah I don't remember all of it but I remember how let down by the storyline I felt.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    - Dodger being Nico's dad and the whole half baked story around it. (HO)
    - Sinead and Tony's affair (HO)
    - Having Gilly as a rapist (HO)
    - Killing off Donna Windsor (ED)
    - James revealed as Adam's dad (ED)
    - Splitting up the Thomas family to create the monster that is Maurel (ED)
    - Killing off Pat Butcher (EE)
    - Shannis (EE)
    - Molvin (CS)
    - Introducing the Armstrong and Windass families and throwing them together (CS)
    - The Bridget Parker years (Neighbours)
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this whole hollyoaks incest storyline

I'll agree with the killing off of Carl King as part of the cameron storyline.

debbie and pete. think debbie and ross would be better

the who shagged Kat story in eastenders.

the who killed tina storyline in corrie. I dont mind that she was killed I just think the whole story is crap rob killing her when it would of been better for her to just leave alive
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,741
    Forum Member
    - The Derek Branning Days (EE)
    - Alfie & Little Mo (EE)
    - The Fairground Disaster (EE)
    - Den/Zoe/Dennis (EE)
    - Killing Pat (EE)
    - Ashley abusing Sandy (ED)
    - Maurel (ED)
    - Killing Carl and turning him into an attempted rapist (ED)
    - "It's what Jackson would have wanted" (ED)
    - James is Adam's Father (ED)
    - Killing the Bishops (Neighbours)
    - The Bridget Parker Era (Neighbours)
    - The Ramsay retcon (Neighbours)
    - Susan/Libby Surrogacy (Neighbours)
    - The Braxton Years (Home & Away)
    - Scott/Hayley/Kim paternity switch/triangle mess (Home & Away)
    - Darren is Sandy's son (HO)
    - Dodger & Sienna having an incest child (HO)
    - Mercedes' cartoon trial that saw her escape justice (HO)
    - Fraser Black: fathering Tegan's baby/gangster activity/murder mystery (HO)
    - Ste cheating on JP with Sinead (HO)
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of Kat's infidelities with the exception of Andy Hunter. That was a good storyline and it didn't damage the character because it was about how far she would go to keep Alfie safe. In fact, Kat 2010- about April 2013 in general.

Alfie the arsonist. While we're at it, if they had to have him con someone, why couldn't that person come back and torch the house for revenge?!

Ronnie September 2010-July 2011. I can't stand her now because of it.

Pat's death

Stacey's affair with Ryan, Stacey being Archie's killer. Ruined a great relationship and a great storyline respectively.

Definitely Alfie and Little Mo, but the fact that they then had Kat sleep with Alfie's cousin and have his baby kind of pushes a non-sexual affair out of the mind anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the Who Shagged Kat stuff under Kirkwood? He just replicated it with the Who Screwed Sinead story when he got to HO.

Being gay is no guarantee of non-misogyny, unfortunately.

Yes it was. He let the plot get so far that Lorraine Newman had no choice but to let it run even though Kirkwood had been given the boot before it was aired.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, Ste and Sinead was a terrible idea.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Any of Kat's infidelities with the exception of Andy Hunter. That was a good storyline and it didn't damage the character because it was about how far she would go to keep Alfie safe. In fact, Kat 2010- about April 2013 in general.

Alfie the arsonist. While we're at it, if they had to have him con someone, why couldn't that person come back and torch the house for revenge?!

Ronnie September 2010-July 2011. I can't stand her now because of it.

Pat's death

Stacey's affair with Ryan, Stacey being Archie's killer. Ruined a great relationship and a great storyline respectively.

Definitely Alfie and Little Mo, but the fact that they then had Kat sleep with Alfie's cousin and have his baby kind of pushes a non-sexual affair out of the mind anyway.

This!

I totally agree about the Kat and Alfie storylines and yes the Andy Hunter one was good and I loved it when Alfie finally forgave Kat and they
    had their happy ending, no such luck this time!

I think Aleks should have been the firestarter and feel TPTB missed an opportunity for a good storyline!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This!

I totally agree about the Kat and Alfie storylines and yes the Andy Hunter one was good and I loved it when Alfie finally forgave Kat and they
    had their happy ending, no such luck this time!

I think Aleks should have been the firestarter and feel TPTB missed an opportunity for a good storyline!

Or they should've done the Nicole thing differently and had her start it out of revenge. They could still play Alfie's guilt that way. Had Aleks done it, it wouldn't have been so much Alfie's fault as Alfie didn't do as much wrong there. He shouldn't have interfered in Roxy's relationship but he was trying to protect her feelings by not having her find out when she'd fallen deeper for Aleks, plus Aleks's motivations would have been partially Stacey based due to her killing Archie.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Or they should've done the Nicole thing differently and had her start it out of revenge. They could still play Alfie's guilt that way. Had Aleks done it, it wouldn't have been so much Alfie's fault as Alfie didn't do as much wrong there. He shouldn't have interfered in Roxy's relationship but he was trying to protect her feelings by not having her find out when she'd fallen deeper for Aleks, plus Aleks's motivations would have been partially Stacey based due to her killing Archie.

Yeah Nicole would have been a great choice!

Imagine it, 'aussie barbie babe flips her burger in revenge at not getting sausage from leather loving Londoner'!

:-D:-D:-D

The report would say, 'cause of fire, stray burger flipped from barbie by bonzer babe'!
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,375
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale -

Jimmy's Amnesia

John Barton & Robbie Lawson deaths

Debbie the Gangster

Maurel
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eastenders ruining Dean's character, which is about to happen :(

(That's the only part I object too - I think it's going to be a very well-written storyline but I hate that this will mean Dean is almost certainly leaving at some point).
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale -

I wish they hadn't killed off Joe Sugden, Rosemary King, Matthew King, Carl King, Viv Windsor or Robbie.

I wish they hadn't done the Ashley beating his Father up storyline which led to Ashley resigning from his job as Vicar.

I wish hey hadn't paired off Marlon and Laurel.

And I wish they hadn't given Moira Barton a son. Adam.
    And I wish they'd not made him the son of James. [without a proper Paternity test]
    And I wish Jai had left instead of Nikhil.

And I wish they'd stop having Jimmy King being the father of random children. [Kelly and now this other one that's coming up.]

And I didn't like this recent story where Sam went into credit card debt for that random woman.
    I would like to add to that, the arrival of the Spencer family and Kerry, man.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    #abersoch (Hollyoaks). This was dire and introduced us to some dire characters, who were meant to be cool (like Maddie saying 'hashtag') but really were not.