Options

EE - Deano Wicks/Matt Di Angelo - appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MelW wrote: »
    I think that too and Linda is trying to get him to admit that he cares about Shirley.

Maybe he'll talk about prison when talking about how he feels - afterall he did blame her for him going to prison when he first returned.
  • Options
    MelWMelW Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Maybe he'll talk about prison when talking about how he feels - afterall he did blame her for him going to prison when he first returned.
    Dunno I get the feeling we'll learn more about Ben being in prison before we learn more about Dean!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MelW wrote: »
    Dunno I get the feeling we'll learn more about Ben being in prison before we learn more about Dean!

Yeh :( It shouldn't be like that though!
  • Options
    Cass_VurtokCass_Vurtok Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Yeh I understand. It's so sad that we know what's going to happen. I do wonder whether EE realise what they are doing in terms of Dean's fans! I trust that DTC must understand the implications but I'd like to hear what he has to say about his reasons for using Dean etc. I hope we get an interview with him soon.

Just seen the cast list for 6th October - all Carters, no one else.

Think it's going to be a corker of an episode, very emotional! I agree with you, I hope DTC has thought long and hard about doing this to Dean's character. Once this storyline happens, there is no going back for Dean, he can never return to the status he has had in the Square on and off for the last 7 or 8 years. It's a shame that this is happening, just as he is starting to forge ties and build connections with the residents in the Square, this is going to happen and effectively ruin his character. I would love there to be an interview with DTC, I hope he explains his decision satisfactorily (God, I sound like a teacher)!
    I liked the way Stacey did Sharon's hair and I absolutely loved her hair when she let it down at the episode's start. I agree with what you say about Dean though.

Stacey gave Sharon a lovely hairstyle, she looked very pretty indeed with it :) Must send her round to my place - maybe she can work her magic on my hair (she'll have a right job on her hands though!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I really hope DTC has fully thought about what it's doing to Dean. If he was making Dean a kind of throwaway character, why invest so much in him up until now? Blades can easily go to Stacey, but I would have thought they wouldn't have put so much time and effort into Dean and his stories if they were going to make him an evil baddie. However, I suppose it's because he ties in with the rest of the Carters.

Detailed spoilers will be up tonight - I just hope somewhere it involves Dean confiding in someone about his time in prison. I want some tears and vulnerability from him BEFORE they ruin his character for good. All I've ever wanted is to find out what made him like he was in his last 2008 episode so now would be good please TPTB!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So did Dean just contribute to the baby plan or did Dean and Tosh sleep together?
  • Options
    Laura.CLaura.C Posts: 11,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So did Dean just contribute to the baby plan or did Dean and Tosh sleep together?

Sounds to me like they slept together....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laura.C wrote: »
    Sounds to me like they slept together....

Hmm...I have no idea.

What do people think about the theory on the main forum that Shirley is the one that may get shot, or the theory that the Shirley/Mick stuff comes out this week and that's why Linda is trying to get Dean to open up about his feelings?
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie bright says some lovely things about Matt in that interview!
    I suspect that Shirley is shot,Linda goes to comfort him in a mummy way but he takes it the wrong way & a rape occurs.
    Amazingly he seems o go to the Vic the next day to thank Linda for helping him out that evening!!

What worries me is that we're dangerously going down the road of a rapist whom the audience view as a sympathetic or tragic character. This certainly hasn't been seen before in a popular drama & could prove v controversial.
    As an aside, I think Matts been doing some of his best acting to date in EE, whatever he thinks of the busy shooting schedule.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging from next week's spoilers, it sounds to me as though Dean is delusional. He thinks he slept with/had a one night stand with Linda and that it could lead to more, hence him texting Linda to thank her and then turning up for dinner. He also probably covers from the family that he and Linda "slept together" as he thinks they are not supposed to know and obviously he knows she's with Mick. The viewers and Linda know that he actually attacked Linda, though Dean himself doesn't seem to realise it.

Poor Linda. :( If this were a real life situation there must be helplines etc that she can call, though she may choose not to in order to avoid ripping the family apart . Assuming it's Shirley who gets shot and dies/ends up in hospital (hence Dean's devastation) it puts Linda in a difficult situation anyway as the family have to be there for Dean. I have only known of two "odd" rape cases In fiction; Soames/Irene in Forsyte Saga where I hated what Soames did but didn't hate Soames himself and a passing case in a murder mystery where a man lost control with a friend he held a torch for but who couldn't reciprocate (though in that instance he was eaten up with guilt and committed suicide)

I have no idea how the Linda/Dean case will play out but I suppose it's possible to be shocked by Dean's actions without hating Dean and either way we can at least appreciate Matt's acting. There were two near rape cases with David/Tina in Corrie and Mark/Lisa in EastEnders at one point though luckily neither went through with it so maybe it's similar to those.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's lovely to hear that Linda liked working with Matt :)

I skimmed a bit in Inside Soap where Matt says that he's been really fond of Dean as he's played him since he was 18, but it's very difficult to have to try and justify what he's done because you can't! He also said that Dean is delusional because he thinks that Linda regrets them sleeping together and thinks it may become an affair. He knows that he's done something wrong, but not that it was rape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's lovely to hear that Linda liked working with Matt :)

I skimmed a bit in Inside Soap where Matt says that he's been really fond of Dean as he's played him since he was 18, but it's very difficult to have to try and justify what he's done because you can't! He also said that Dean is delusional because he thinks that Linda regrets them sleeping together and thinks it may become an affair. He knows that he's done something wrong, but not that it was rape.

That's what I thought too. Also I'm unsure now as to whether it will be a violent case, especially as Dean was very drunk. I know sometimes people can get drunk and turn violent as in hitting people (like Phil did with Kathy) but I'm unsure whether someone will be able to carry out a violent rape when they are drunk. I suppose Dean lies to the family to cover "their one night stand" and when he says he'd love a repeat of last night, Linda realises he's completely delusional and hence unstable and dangerous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so complex - it really does sound as though they are going to explore Dean's journey as much as Linda's which is pretty much unheard of in soap!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so complex - it really does sound as though they are going to explore Dean's journey as much as Linda's which is pretty much unheard of in soap!

Yes, which will be interesting and fascinating, but while Dean is not like Finn, he still ideally needs to be put in a secure psychiatric hospital after he does what he does. I think if this were a real life case, Dean would be sent to hospital rather than prison because it's clear that he's very deranged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, which will be interesting and fascinating, but while Dean is not like Finn, he still ideally needs to be put in a secure psychiatric hospital after he does what he does. I think if this were a real life case, Dean would be sent to hospital rather than prison because it's clear that he's very deranged.

From what we as viewers know, absolutely. However I'm unsure of whether that will happen - will he be seen as delusional and needing help? I hope so.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Dean copes with the shooting fall out more than anything else at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what we as viewers know, absolutely. However I'm unsure of whether that will happen - will he be seen as delusional and needing help? I hope so.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Dean copes with the shooting fall out more than anything else at the moment.

Me too. I think tonight is his reaction to Lauren dumping him.
  • Options
    Laura.CLaura.C Posts: 11,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a really good interview with Kellie. I am glad she was so complimentary about Matt.

He obviously thinks it's going somewhere and doesn't class it as rape. Maybe he was raped in prison and that's why he thinks it was consensual. I wonder what she is getting him to open up about. I am quite looking forward to finding out more next week when it all airs.

I just hope it doesn't make Dean out to be a really horrible, nasty character. Hopefully they will explore his background more - I wonder if he and Linda talk about it at a later stage and she says it was rape. I don't know!

Wish he didn't have to leave!
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh fgs....
    I didn't see tonight but I read that Dean hid the gun in the kitchen, and with Matt saying a couple of times 'Dean's head is gonna explode when he finds out about Mick.'

I can see where this is going :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh fgs....
    I didn't see tonight but I read that Dean hid the gun in the kitchen, and with Matt saying a couple of times 'Dean's head is gonna explode when he finds out about Mick.'

I can see where this is going :(

Dean loses access to the gun on Thurs. Whether or not he finds it again a few months down the line....
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Dean loses access to the gun on Thurs. Whether or not he finds it again a few months down the line....

Oh i thought the shooting had happened already and he was stashing it after the event! Just shows i should watch before commenting!

I'm trying to buy a flat atm and keep missing EE!

Just to add, I hope i'm wrong about Dean's exit too btw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping he's going to stay! However, I think what with the rape storyline and the Mick/Shirley reveal, I think I'll just be happy if he leaves alive at this rate!

I loved those kitchen scenes with him and Shirley again. I can't wait to see him open up to Linda on Monday - at least we'll finally know something about what he's feeling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt's re-tweeted a tweet about the midnight news - could it be something to do with Dean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still hoping he's going to stay! However, I think what with the rape storyline and the Mick/Shirley reveal, I think I'll just be happy if he leaves alive at this rate!

I loved those kitchen scenes with him and Shirley again. I can't wait to see him open up to Linda on Monday - at least we'll finally know something about what he's feeling.

Yes- immediately before they ruin his character forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh:
    Susan Hill ‏@SuseHill · 3m3 minutes ago
    Amazing #EastEnders screening. Monday's ep is classic Enders. Kellie Bright is incredible as is Matt D'Angelo but now I hate Deano!