Options

Hope Joe doesn't have an Ipod.

**JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
Forum Member
Some of the comments on ITunes are harsh......I'm certainly no fan of his but if I read them I'd be upset & I'm a tough cookie......poor Joe.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    Some of the comments on ITunes are harsh......I'm certainly no fan of his but if I read them I'd be upset & I'm a tough cookie......poor Joe.

I must admit the rage against the machine crowd seem an awfully vindictive lot because he is beating them.

It wasnt about 'the music biz' the campaign has been an egotrip for some people thinking they can control the charts (exactly what they criticise cowell for) all along.

the fact some are STILL lying by saying its a charity song that has already raised half a million pounds is evident of the attitude of the group I think. (And yes, that comment is in writing here on DS).

Its not a charity song at all. Some people involved have donated to shelter, which I applaud, but its noweher enear half a million and its really not the same thing at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    As harsh as it seems, he'll need to grow a thick skin, and learn how to handle negative comments from the media or elsewhere. There is no escaping from it if he is to become a celebrity in any way.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit the rage against the machine crowd seem an awfully vindictive lot because he is beating them.

It wasnt about 'the music biz' the campaign has been an egotrip for some people thinking they can control the charts (exactly what they criticise cowell for) all along.

the fact some are STILL lying by saying its a charity song that has already raised half a million pounds is evident of the attitude of the group I think. (And yes, that comment is in writing here on DS).

Its not a charity song at all. Some people involved have donated to shelter, which I applaud, but its noweher enear half a million and its really not the same thing at all.

Yes, I have spotted the charity bit. The campaigning here started with saying if you buy this single you are helping shelter. Turns out it's not connected to charity at all but on the site asks you to donate to shelter seperately.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    As harsh as it seems, he'll need to grow a thick skin, and learn how to handle negative comments from the media or elsewhere. There is no escaping from it if he is to become a celebrity in any way.

That is true, but most don't have to start their career with a campaign against them.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to fame.

I've seen a lot worse written on this forum about the contestants and judges
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I guess it's something he'll have to get used to BUT it's been made more personal against him this rage against the machine thing which was supposed to be about Simon who won't give a shit.

My favourite comments are the ones saying he can't sing like him or not i don't think his singing ability is up for debate really is it...:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love these donkeys who are wasting their money trying to RATM to No.1. I don't particularly care for Joe's song and I'm not buying it, but why are they wasting their time spending money on a record that a) they prob don't like and b) won't get to No.1, as the X Factor has way too much exposure. They tried this with Jeff Buckley last year and what did it achieve - No.2, which is fine and respectable, but X Factor was still No.1.

Then to add there is this venom about Joe and fake charity sales.....desperation!

If you don't like a single, don't buy it. Buy a single you like to get to No.1. The whole argument goes on Simon Cowsell dictating who gets to No.1, when in reality some Facebook group is dictating to this audience which song to buy to stop it being No.1 - contradiction in itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    That is true, but most don't have to start their career with a campaign against them.

Except Danyl! :)

It is all a bit grim. I don't like either single, so I've bought George Michael's "December Song" instead. I'd like that to get to number 1, but I won't be combusting if it doesn't!

Mind you, I can see why people would want to annoy Simon and try to do him out of a bit of money....it's quite tempting.