Have you ever met a celebrity unexpectedly?

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
On a plane?Train?hotel?Restaraunt?etcShopping?hospital?

What was the encounter like?:):)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    On a plane?Train?hotel?Restaraunt?etcShopping?hospital?

What was the encounter like?:):)
    I bumped into Nikki Grahame from BB in the toilets in Electric Ballroom in Camden last year. I couldn't quite remember her name and I asked her if she was called Vicky and she squealed and went into the toilet I just came out of.
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I literally bumped into Julian Lennon in New York but it wasn't until he was a few feet away that I realised who he was.I shouted his name and he turned around & waved.He was in a rush so I didn't run after him :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    My friend met Emma Watson in waitrose last year but didn't realise til afterwards- gutted.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Robert Carlyle in Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow with his(?) little girl. I said hello as I recognised his face. It was only when I walked by I realised who it was.:o I turned round to see him laughing. seemed like a good guy.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went for Coffee in a PRET in the west end of London, sitting down with his Coffee was Tom Baker, had a chat with him too.

You could call this unexpected but I had a package to deliver to Mick Jaggers home, Jerry Hall opened the door.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bumped into some one at the Manchester Opera house and was convinced he was my friends cousin, beamed at him and said how are you, is your mum ok?. He smiled and said everyone was fine. When I got back to my mate I said look there is your cousin, she looked at me and said that is Peter Kay you idiot. :o
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum met with Rolf Harris the other day, just going about her usual business in her anonymous little village of Ystradgynlais. She and a friend were having their weekly lunch out when one of the waitresses noticed a crowd across the road outside, it turned out to be Rolf and he was sketching and doing didgerydoo things, so they went out and ended up having a nice little chat with him. I'm assuming something was being filmed for TV.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Capital FM's flying eye Russ Kane a few weeks ago and last week i met McFly.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elton John. We were loitering on Rodeo Drive and all of a sudden he popped out of Ralph Lauren with his husband. What happened? Well he walked straight past us without even a smile. He was only touching distance away so he could hear how starstruck we were as well. Came across as quite rude.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    I bumped into Lacey Turner in a nightclub in Marbella, she was lovely!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Yes I worked in ASDA and I served Carole Malone. It was not long after she was on Celebrity Fit Club and she bought lots of healthy food. I also served Narinder from Big Brother2 and Chris Huyton, Newcastle manager quite a few times as the training ground is just up the road.
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Tommy Cooper at Victoria Station cafe. ( a long time ago, obviously)

I also bumped into Paul somebody who does Flog It - at Euston station.

I don't spend all my time in stations :D

(ETA forgot to say how lovely Tommy Cooper was - very patient with 2 giggling 7 year old girls - and signed autographs for us even though he was trying buy & drink his coffee)
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bumped into Philip Olivier in the VIP area of a club, in January. He's very charming & friendly, and happily posed for photographs with everybody.

Felt a bit sorry for him actually! He was obviously there with his friends trying to have a good time - but people kept pestering him for photos! He didn't complain though. :) Nice man!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Audenshawe (Bob from Emmerdale) lives near me and I often see him when we're out running - he's a lot faster than I am but he always says hello. Then again, he's not exactly A list and his kids go to the same school as mine do, so he's almost a close personal friend.:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Webbe at Holborn Station - he was at the escalators that went to the Piccadily line and he was blocking the rest of us going down the escalators with his luggage. Said "excuse me" to him and only when I got half way did I realise who he was.

That actress that played Demi in Eastenders - she was going down to the women's section in Gap in Oxford Street. I didn't say anything, just sort of walked by.

Alicia Silverstone - in Topshop in Oxford Street. I don't know if everyone else realised who she was because she was shopping without anyone disturbing her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I met Robert Carlyle in Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow with his(?) little girl. I said hello as I recognised his face. It was only when I walked by I realised who it was.:o I turned round to see him laughing. seemed like a good guy.

I ran into him at the Sainsbury's in Partick. We lived near him at the time and he had his three kids with him, who were behaving just like little kids do, hanging off the trolley and such. My OH and I smiled at him and he smiled back. We were like "that was Robert Carylye. If we were Hollywood stars, we'd get someone to do the shopping with us and if we were his kids, we'd act better if Begbie was our dad!" He was just so refreshingly normal.

We were at London Zoo last month for my youngest son's first birthday and my eldest and his two friends managed to make the comedian Chris Addison laugh with their antics.
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,619
    Forum Member
    Had a few meetings with the famous when I lived in London.

Literally bumped into a guy on the Strand, outside the Adelphi Theatre, apologised and walked away thinking 'Blimey that guy looks like Elton John.' Later that night saw on local news a piece with Elton John being interviewed outside of the Adelphi Theatre on the Strand!

Walking along Carnaby Street, saw Dawn French coming the other way. Said rather too loudly to my friend 'Look there's Dawn French' at which point everybody on the street looked over and she had to duck in to a shop to avoid the crowd.

Drunkenly staggering through Leicester Square caught sight of Jim Broadbent (pre Oscar). Spent twenty minutes with a friend of mine telling him how good he was in Victoria Wood As Seen on TV. Fortunately he was drunk too.

Way back when Allo Allo was on tv they did a stage version and my parents took me and my brother to see it. We went to a restaurant near the theatre for dinner before the show. In the middle of dinner my brother shouted out 'Look there's Rene' and indeed a couple of tables down was Gordon Kaye enjoying his dinner. Poor guy was swamped with autograph hunters and had to leave the restuarant!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I knew he was in the building, I did more or less bump into Will Young at the Royal Exchange in Manchester. I didn't expect to see him as someone had told me he was in a meeting with his agent. He was charming. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    The girl who used to play Toyah Battersby in Corrie on a night out at Fridays nightclub in Didsbury

Peter Kay and his wife whilst walking through the streets of Paris

Steph Scully from neighbours around the grounds of the sydney opera house

Paul Scholes when I was in the Trafford Centre
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh in 2007. They were coming out of a restaurant. Lovely girls they are.
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago I met Samantha Morton when she came to my birthday party unexpectedly as I knew her boyfriend at the time. She'd only been in Band of Gold then. Met her a few times afterwards.

She was vile. Apparently still is according to acquaintances who still occasionally bump into her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I bumped into Beverley Knight in HMV once in Leeds. I turned round and bumped into her and the conversation went:

" :eek: You're Beverley Knight!"
    "erm yeah"
    "I love you!"
    and she giggled as I felt like I'd made a **** of myself. I was a big fan of her then, and she was really lovely.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Mcmanus in mcdonalds in 2006
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I walked past 2 members of Radiohead many years ago in an underpass in oxford. It was Thom yorke (is that spelt right?) the singer, and the guy with dark hair who i always thought looked like Alex James from Blur.
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Saw Alastair McGowan last year in London . Didn't initially realize who it was , because I just recognised his face from somewhere and thought he was probably an old work mate or something . So I walked over to him waving and grinning like an idiot trying to remember who he was and where I knew him from....then it clicked . I apologised to him and said "Sorry , wrong person" and walked away . He must have thought I was somewhat mentally challenged:o