The Archers!

Comments

• sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,929
    Forum Member
    it has got to come out, lizzie you trollop. susan (horobin) carter will have a field day. :D

Susan would think all her birthdays and Christmases had come at once :D:D

I know Elizabeth didn't chase after Roy - she's no more or less to blame than Roy for their fling. Her high-handed attitude to him now is inexcusable though, and even has me rooting for dopey Hayley :o ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill makes a better fruit cake than jenny.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Am I the only one remembering that it was Roy that chased and seduced a lonely and emotionally vulnerable Elizabeth, not the other way round?

yes true but she still let roy light her wick. :p

as a radio 4 announcer said, julia will be spinning in her grave. :o
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Am I the only one remembering that it was Roy that chased and seduced a lonely and emotionally vulnerable Elizabeth, not the other way round?

You make her sound like an innocent little Virgin! She's a grown woman able to make her own decisions and was fully consenting. There wasn't any chasing - they both had too much to drink and it started as a spur of the moment thing. She could have said ''no" the first time but didn't, and didn't for the rest of the affair either.
    Forum Member
    Oh my goodness I've decided this is the best story line ever after totally hating it at first :D The relationship was preposterous but the break up is exquisite :cool:

And it keeps getting better ;-) Now the word in the village is that Roy left Lower Loxley because he had his fingers in the till :o:o :D Susan has been busy...

Enjoyed hearing Jen lost for words in her run in with Carol too. Must say I was disappointed to hear that Jenny had never done the deed with John Tregorran - Carol's digs would be more fun if Jenny had done something to deserve them :cool:
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe I never thought to look in here for chat about the archers.
    It's hard to find a fellow listener these days
    I listen on Sunday mornings when I can but most often I'm at the stables so I record it on my sky box and have the pod cast on my phone.
    I listen on the go so I often have to relisten because I've got distracted.
    This is the only soap I bother with.
    I love The Archers.
    Hello :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Homewrecking sow.
    :o Roy has been avidly wrecking his own home.
    davestoke wrote: »
    Does Jill have an alibi for the time of Heatherpet's "fall"?
    :D Does she?
    It. Is. DIRE.

I roared with laughter through the whole stable scene, mainly to prevent myself dying from embarrassment. They've turned Roy into a 13 yr old girl.

"I can't breeeeeaaaaathe!"

Whoever wrote that really needs to be put out of their misery by Alastair.
    It's hilarious, like a bad copy of Georgette Heyer.
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Rob is very sinister. If Helen stays with him I hope she puts her foot down about Henry not going hunting. Jess seems like a cow, but I suppose living with Rob might make you like that.
    One of my colleagues describes him quite aptly as a "wrong 'un".
    So many clichés in The Archers right now!

The usual baby nonsense, estranged wives turning up pregnant, Roy and Elizabeths' unlikely affaire, storylines about characters dredged up from decades ago.....

And how could the scriptwriters manage without all the characters having mobile phones?

The programme was almost destroyed by Whitburn's assassination of Nigel Pargetter - ity has a long way to go yet on its road to recovery.

Some humour would be good too.....
    Nigel was a classic character. It was a massive error to let him go, he made Elizabeth bearable.
    Johnny got his place at college and his mother says he can be Pat and Tony's apprentice I like him too - I thought at first he might be out to con Pat and Tony, but he seems genuine, and they are so happy to have him. I find Pat and Tony heart-breakingly convincing when they talk about John.
    I was concerned at first, but so far so good. It's a lovely story line and pat and Tony are so endearingly eager, I feel I could give Tony a cuddle for being so reasonable. :blush:
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Keep this thread going, folks - I'm really enjoying it. The Archers is the best Soap going at the moment now that CS has reached rock bottom.
    Yes please :)
    yes true but she still let roy light her wick.

as a radio 4 announcer said, julia will be spinning in her grave. :o
    I enjoyed the announcer this week warning "this programme contains scenes of Leopnie Snell"
    And it keeps getting better ;-) Now the word in the village is that Roy left Lower Loxley because he had his fingers in the till :o:o :D Susan has been busy...

Enjoyed hearing Jen lost for words in her run in with Carol too. Must say I was disappointed to hear that Jenny had never done the deed with John Tregorran - Carol's digs would be more fun if Jenny had done something to deserve them :cool:

Susan Carter is a marvellous gossip.

I rather feel sorry for Jenny, I've grown to quite like her in the more recent years, I used to really dislike her when Brian was knocking off Caroline

I wish the copper and Fallon would sort themselves out, even Jazza knows what's best.
    Forum Member
    Hi LAJ - Welcome :)

This thread can be hard to find - my tablet won't let me use the search function and that sometimes means trawling through pages to get to it - but I love it. Would be great if we could keep it on page 1 or 2 :D

I know what you mean about Jennifer. I haven't been able to properly hate her since she took on Ruori, but it's still fun to have a dig when her snobbishness rears its head ;-)

As you listen on Sundays and won't have heard it yet I won't go into detail, but I thought Ruth's suggestion at the end of Friday's ep was pretty outrageous - did she really expect David to agree???

Look forward to hearing your views :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh my word, after friday's episode i think the world is about to end, won't spoil the ending as some may listen to sunday's omnibus . ruth what are you thinking.:o
    Forum Member
    oh my word, after friday's episode i think the world is about to end, won't spoil the ending as some may listen to sunday's omnibus . ruth what are you thinking.:o

David was stunned wasn't he?
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Maybe Pip could do it instead. Two birds, one stone...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi LAJ - Welcome :)

This thread can be hard to find - my tablet won't let me use the search function and that sometimes means trawling through pages to get to it - but I love it. Would be great if we could keep it on page 1 or 2 :D

I know what you mean about Jennifer. I haven't been able to properly hate her since she took on Ruori, but it's still fun to have a dig when her snobbishness rears its head ;-)

As you listen on Sundays and won't have heard it yet I won't go into detail, but I thought Ruth's suggestion at the end of Friday's ep was pretty outrageous - did she really expect David to agree???

Look forward to hearing your views :)

I've just read through the whole thread and have been laughing heartily.
    The Archers is superb IMO but also leaves itself open to ridicule and some of the comments have really tickled me.

Jenny wanting to share her inheritance with Ruori is charming and Brian seems to love her snobby dizziness despite his rampant shagger past.

I do tend to listen on Sundays especially in summer but as the dark nights come along I will listen in the evenings, now I have people to chat to about it I might be more motivated. But I suppose we have to take great care with spoilers :o:blush: and I am a chatter box!
    I've loved the archers since I was a kid and my gran and mum listened to it. I stopped listening so regularly when I left home but still kept in touch with what was happening.
    I've been living aboard in the early 2000's so lost touch completely.
    But I'm listening again now and have been since I got an iPhone and BBC started doing podcasts. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David was stunned wasn't he?
    sarahcs wrote: »
    Maybe Pip could do it instead. Two birds, one stone...

Now I'm tempted to listen to the weeks episodes ahead of tomorrow's omnibus!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh can I just say that I hate Rob, he's wrong, he's bad, he's a big fat lying psycho and mark my words, he's dangerous! :D
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    I can't believe I never thought to look in here for chat about the archers.
    It's hard to find a fellow listener these days
    I listen on Sunday mornings when I can but most often I'm at the stables so I record it on my sky box and have the pod cast on my phone.
    I listen on the go so I often have to relisten because I've got distracted.
    This is the only soap I bother with.
    I love The Archers.
    Hello :)

Same as me.......I used to record it whilst up at the yard too. I love the Archers and I can't understand why Linda and others don't just tell the soppy couple that their naming the little boy with dotty names will follow him through life.......or is it a case of the Archers attempt at chavviness......:D
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh can I just say that I hate Rob, he's wrong, he's bad, he's a big fat lying psycho and mark my words, he's dangerous! :D

Oh yesss . I think they have got that across well. What an idiot Helen must be, or else just very needy to fall for the rubbish he is spouting, when the proof is so obvious.

I love these storylines, it is like being privileged to secret information and waiting for the bomb to drop.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

This is exactly why I love Rob :blush::o

I love these sinister type characters where you can't actually put your finger on what is wrong. On the surface he's an amazing attentive partner and father figure but we know there is more to it. I love the slow burner nature of Rob's evil :cool: I just hope we're not let down and he is truly evil.

As for the sublime fallout of Roy and Elizabeth's ridiculous pairing I was a bit worried when I heard Elizabeth telling Carol about it and getting sympathy >:( I do not want her to get sympathy. She has to be punished for being a snob and for raising a couple of brats :D

As an aside I couldn't help noticing Carol pointing out that Roy was a bit of a hunk :o She has said that before so Elizabeth's head was turned for very superficial reasons :D
    Forum Member
    This is exactly why I love Rob :blush::o

I love these sinister type characters where you can't actually put your finger on what is wrong. On the surface he's an amazing attentive partner and father figure but we know there is more to it. I love the slow burner nature of Rob's evil :cool: I just hope we're not let down and he is truly evil.

As for the sublime fallout of Roy and Elizabeth's ridiculous pairing I was a bit worried when I heard Elizabeth telling Carol about it and getting sympathy >:( I do not want her to get sympathy. She has to be punished for being a snob and for raising a couple of brats :D

As an aside I couldn't help noticing Carol pointing out that Roy was a bit of a hunk :o She has said that before so Elizabeth's head was turned for very superficial reasons :D

:D

Rob is creepy. I felt quite nervous when he was looking after poorly Henry - I had wondered if Rob had done something to Henry to make him ill so he could be super caring and Helen might spend less time at work. It was a relief to find out it was chicken pox :D

I'm glad they're not rushing things with Rob, and I hope he turns out to be truly monstrous - anything less would be very disappointing.

Poor Helen - she does pick them
  • davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Rob is creepy. I felt quite nervous when he was looking after poorly Henry - I had wondered if Rob had done something to Henry to make him ill so he could be super caring and Helen might spend less time at work. It was a relief to find out it was chicken pox :D

I'm glad they're not rushing things with Rob, and I hope he turns out to be truly monstrous - anything less would be very disappointing.

Poor Helen - she does pick them

And yet they're never quite as hideous as she is herself!
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Johnny seems to be making himself at home, and becoming the heir apparent.

... all we need now is for Tom to return and throw a huge mardy!
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruth is a tad selfish. She wants David to up and go leaving his family. She expects Jill to adapt but cant understand why her own mother wont adapt.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

She's gone bonkers. LEAVE AMBRIDGE??

In other news, I am assuming Charlie finally got his end away with Adam, off mike. As he was so cheerful in the pub later. The filthy minx.

Adam never deserved Ian. >:(
    Forum Member
    She's gone bonkers. LEAVE AMBRIDGE??

In other news, I am assuming Charlie finally got his end away with Adam, off mike. As he was so cheerful in the pub later. The filthy minx.

Adam never deserved Ian. >:(

:o Gosh, did Adam and Charlie do the deed? I thought they'd just moved on to flirting. Adam is such a trollop >:(>:(

Jill would never leave Ambridge. She'd tell David and Ruth to go up North if they have to, but she would stay. Elizabeth would love to have her, or she could become Peggy's roomie :D

Someone suggested Pip could go and stay with Heather - that sounds like a plan.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    :o Gosh, did Adam and Charlie do the deed? I thought they'd just moved on to flirting. Adam is such a trollop >:(>:(

Jill would never leave Ambridge. She'd tell David and Ruth to go up North if they have to, but she would stay. Elizabeth would love to have her, or she could become Peggy's roomie :D

Someone suggested Pip could go and stay with Heather - that sounds like a plan.

Well I wasn't giving it my full attention, but Charlie took Adam to dinner, Adam asked Charlie what he meant when he said "the best things are worth waiting for", and Charlie said "oh, I think you know, don't you?" Next we heard, Charlie was in a very good mood. :cool:

I could be getting ahead of meself though.

Oh the Heather stuff is ridiculous - they could have her to stay for a few months, and then she could go back home. Or get used to life there. There's no need for all this OH MY GOD WE MUST LEAVE FOREVER stuff. But it's a soap. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Well I wasn't giving it my full attention, but Charlie took Adam to dinner, Adam asked Charlie what he meant when he said "the best things are worth waiting for", and Charlie said "oh, I think you know, don't you?" Next we heard, Charlie was in a very good mood. :cool:

I could be getting ahead of meself though.

Oh the Heather stuff is ridiculous - they could have her to stay for a few months, and then she could go back home. Or get used to life there. There's no need for all this OH MY GOD WE MUST LEAVE FOREVER stuff. But it's a soap. ;-)

Well whether they've done it yet or not, they're a pair of dirty dogs >:( Especially Adam. Ian is way too good for the cheating scumbag. I really hope Charlie dumps him when he's had his wicked way.