Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ARTPOP is trending on twitter :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Yes says me. I unlike most don't view everything Gaga does through rose tinted glasses. I said on here 2 years ago when Judas dropped she wasn't going to hit the ground running with her BTW era and was shot down by If You Seek Amy. (yes remember her ;) ) yet everything i said would go wrong did.

Sorry if my opinion is too raw.

You dismissed a subgenre of music as not fresh. It has nothing to do with Gaga. Please try again.

Congratulations, you happened to predict the future that one time.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    That sound isn't fresh though. Its only fresh to those who want to believe it is fresh.

This is a silly statement. Of course any sound is fresh to someone who thinks it is. It's subjective and it's therefore opinion. And besides, how can anyone comment on whether an album sounds fresh or not when they haven't actually heard it yet?
    Too much hype too early kills a project.

Does it? Really? Always? It's only a title for god's sake.
    Justin Timberlake's return shows how the real pros do it.

I have only heard bad things about Justin Timberlake's return. And what I have heard of his new material is as awful as most of his earlier material in my opinion. See how it all doesn't actually matter?
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read on E! that the lead single is still the same decision as last year. Don't know if that's true though.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You dismissed a subgenre of music as not fresh. It has nothing to do with Gaga. Please try again.

Congratulations, you happened to predict the future that one time.

Maybe you should also check the thread which links to the old BTW Ball Tour estimates to see I also got that right too when I said each new Gaga tour would not outgross the next. Yes it happened way earlier than I expected but it happened. Unlike the wild $400 you thought she might end up getting. In the end BTW Ball didn't even out gross TFM ball.

Becoming a bit of a pro at this..
    newplanet wrote: »
    This is a silly statement. Of course any sound is fresh to someone who thinks it is. It's subjective and it's therefore opinion. And besides, how can anyone comment on whether an album sounds fresh or not when they haven't actually heard it yet?

The dance craze is coming to an end and R&B is making a comeback. Gaga was lucky in 2009 as there was an 80s revival taking place so she led it. Problem now is that she has nothing to lead. Her act is already dated and people are evidently tired of her gimmicks.
    I have only heard bad things about Justin Timberlake's return. And what I have heard of his new material is as awful as most of his earlier material in my opinion. See how it all doesn't actually matter?

Justin has just shifted huge units of his album and has a second cd lined up for fall.

Also only bad things? his album has a 74 score on Metacritic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing really matters....love is all we need!

Never a truer word spoken...or sang! and its true...if you love the music then great...if not...move on :)

I didnt like The Fame, The Fame Monster has its moments...I LOVED Born This Way :) ARTPOP could go either way because we know next to nothing about it...so lets wait and see :)

Its not use quoting "critical reception/commercial sales etc" when at the end of the day its irrelevant in the main scheme of things :) and thats true...I mean look at the amount of albums that were critically bashed/overlooked/underrated at the time of release and in time have grown a cult prominance and/or achieved a mainstream commercial success.....and/or look at the ones that achieve acclaim but only 3 people in the world own the album.....ok!

It doesnt also matter what "others are doing" I for one dont really care about Justin Timberlake or Beyonce...they do their thing, fine....let them do everything their way with their "if it aint broke, dont fix it" routine which makes me personally wanna hurl ;)....and again surely THAT justifies that it doesnt really matter...I mean sure i may not be a fan of theirs but i congratulate them on the successes they do achieve and respect them at least too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately mainly on DS people are obsessed with sales and how that generates success over quality.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately mainly on DS people are obsessed with sales and how that generates success over quality.

Unfortunately there are only too many fans on here who are happy to quote sales figures when it suits their argument and agenda but then don't want to hear of it if it doesn't fit their perfect vision.

Double standards.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I read on E! that the lead single is still the same decision as last year. Don't know if that's true though.

What was the decision last year?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this leak has been circulated...personally i am a bit wowed by it and how different this project and album will be to what i thought (Zedd, Madeon) I really like it and hope this is real because this change up in sound and direction will be what she needs at this stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3MfhV6MHS0&sns=fb

Lets see if its real anyhow, but i hope it is and it sounds likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you heard that APPARENTLY the lead single will be debuted in August with a VMA performance.

I can't remember the ins and outs but I think Azaelia Banks confirmed something of the sort as did Gaga when she met some fans outside a hotel this week. I did see it on Twitter so it's hardly concrete, but just thought it was interesting.

I do think that would be the perfect time to come back for her. If she's healthy of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VMAs for a debut may actually bring some event back into it....i mean since 2009 it has been a downward spiral of nonsense.....a kinda buzz needs to be circulated again i feel.....what kinda bothes me is that if she is using Dance as a theme....then surely August is the latest possible for such genre? i have no idea....unless everything will be saved indeed for the next yar now.....she wont want this Swing/Jazz album with Bennett to get overshadowed nor it to overshadow Artpop either.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hope that leak is real. It sounds really good! Any news on what the first single is going to be called?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that leak is real. It sounds really good! Any news on what the first single is going to be called?

YEEEEAH!!! its definitely coemrcial sounding but its different....i really hope sounds like that are broadened upon for ARTPOP...any songs about typical drunk/club/danefloor/love stuff and plain commercial electropop/dance is so overdone...and i was a bit worried it would be like her debut...so if this is real...this is going the right way.
    Forum Member
    She pretty much confirmed her VMA comeback last year when she tweeted MTV during the show. The question is whether she'll release the single in July or August.

They've been finishing up the album and re-recording the vocals in LA over the past month or two, so it'll be ready to drop for August/September. I doubt they'll hold off till Q4 because it'd be pretty illogical to get it finished 5 months ahead of release, plus they'll miss the Grammy 2014 eligibility period and pit ARTPOP against her Tony album which seems foolish.

Speaking of which, she and Tony are recording their album in June. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say they're wanting that out in time for Christmas or at the latest to coincide with the 2014 Grammys. Further weight to ARTPOP being out before Q4.
    Forum Member
    p.s. The leak won't be real. They never are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love that leak in HQ. It's brilliant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we will see....sometimes a audio leak can be a part of something :) and i do hope something about that is real because its so fresh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's back! I'm so excited :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, i am glad things are being confirmed

ARTPOP here we come
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The single is the 19th and the VMA performance is the 25th, exciting times ahead!

Will the single go straight to iTunes on the 19th?
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately there are only too many fans on here who are happy to quote sales figures when it suits their argument and agenda but then don't want to hear of it if it doesn't fit their perfect vision.

Double standards.

Exactly, there's no other fanbase that love quoting sales figures and numbers like the monsters but when she trips up and doesn't live up to their expectations then it's always 'we never said that and someone else said that' such as the 2 million wanting BTW Ball tickets and the estimated $500 million gross

This time around it will be interesting as she won't have the best album of the decade hype to fall back on. The novelty of her quirkiness and her outfits has worn off so it will be solely about the music this time. Judging by the producers she's worked with it seems she's going for last years sound as well so we shall see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The single is the 19th and the VMA performance is the 25th, exciting times ahead!

Will the single go straight to iTunes on the 19th?

I am really excited for it...the stripped down canvas look (whites/nudity/normal hair/no makeup) and the painting of her APPLAUSE single art (rumoured to be the famous sad french clown Pierrot) her own spin on that it just makes me wonder :)

But i am so excited about this....the music i cannot wait to hear...the direction visually...i just hope she makes an album for HER :)
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first era we've gone into without knowing anything about the sound either! We had the Bad Romance demo before, and then she sang the chorus of BTW at the VMAs (?) but i have absolutely no idea how she's going to sound this time around! I'm glad we already have the first performance lined up, i can't wait to see what she comes up with!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I thought too. We sort of know more about it visually than anything else. The sound is totally anyone's guess. Can't wait.