Infamous

pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, im a bit late to the party, but i only recently bought infamous.
Ive never played such a frustrating game. i spend half the time shaking my fist at the screen. It is a great game, but i do spend half the time trying to see where the bullets that are shooting me are coming from, and then i die.
Maybe im just sh*t :)
Anyone else a fan of the game?

Comments

• KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same. I've been playing it recently and it does get frustrating as does the running through the city although that improves later on. I'm hoping that the second gets better and then I'm ready for second son.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    The graphics alone are much better in the 2nd one.

If your running about to much in the city and ground lvl, IMHO your doing it wrong, stick to the roofs and use the wires etc.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both InFamous and InFamous 2 are amazing games. I am excited for InFamous: Second Son for the PS4. As Philip said, it's best to stick to the rooftops and avoid trouble as much as possible if you don't want to fight all the time.

The second InFamous is my favourite one so far!
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im using the roofs, i just think theres a lot of times so far where you are running and continually being shot at, but dont have time to stop and see who is shooting you.
    Forum Member
    You should rarely be in that position that your getting sniped, getting killed and don't have time to figure out where it's coming from. It can be tricky in the areas that don't have power as they can be quite dark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    i've been a fan of infamous since i first saw it. what grabbed my attention was the electrical powers and being able to choose whether you play as a good guy or a bad guy.

i rented prototype after infamous and i couldnt stand it.

Infamous 2 is a lot better than the first, and how you chose to act (good or bad) affects how the game ends, unlike it does in the first game.

I'm looking forward to second son. i saw a retweet from Geoff Keighley from gametrailers.com who said he was very impressed with what he saw and said Sucker Punch have done a good job of harnessing the power of the PS4.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to playing Cole's Legacy mission which bridges the gap between Infamous 2 and Second Son.
  • wiimanwiiman Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I loved all 3 Infamous games so far, in fact Infamous 2 is top re-played game. I've lost count how many times I've completed it including all the side quests.

Second Son is on the top of my list for when I eventually get a PS4
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see some infamous love on here. My favourite new IP of the PS3 era. I loved the movement, controls, gameplay mix etc. I am really looking forward to Second Son. The new gameplay trailers look great and you can get an idea of how it will feel to play.
    If you like the infamous games then definitely check out the Sly Cooper trilogy. Made by the same company (Sucker Punch) and you can clearly see the same ideas and traits.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Infamous 2 from me :) 2 is so much better and alot more fun and less frustrating then the 1st one.

I really want to get second son but i have to get a PS4 first :(
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to playing Cole's Legacy mission which bridges the gap between Infamous 2 and Second Son.

That's the pre-order bonus isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    That's the pre-order bonus isn't it?

Collector's/special edition I believe.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Collector's/special edition I believe.

That's poor, I recall reading that pre-orders in the USA get the DLC even on the standard edition. Looks like I will have to pay extra to get the special edition here.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Some new gameplay footage for Second Son (Russian)

http://youtu.be/mRHsMPKg6EA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might pre-order the PS4 Infamous bundle not sure about the £385 price tag.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved both games but can't remember getting that frustrated with it.

Really wish I a PS4 so I could buy the new one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Anybody have an idea to when there will be a review for second son?
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't bothered with Infamous 2 originally and its been sitting on my HDD for ages.

I found that I was dying constantly in combat and couldn't get to grips with it.

However I watched a video walk though of the first hour and sort of learnt the basics off that.

Enjoying it now!
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this - Enjoyed both previous games, Infamous 2 was my first Platinium trophy!

You've got to love a game where, following feedback, they actually made the hero uglier! Furthermore, the graphics in the second game are well up to Uncharted standards. I'm just hoping that Delson doesn't come across as too 'whiney'!
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was a brief bit about it on 'Click' on the BBC News channel this weekend. Should still be available on the Iplayer.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thursday lunchtime / afternoon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So close to release now! Argh! I can't wait much longer. :D I'm really excited to play it. Definitely my favoruite game series on the Playstation. Can't wait to play the Cole legacy mission that comes with the special/collector's edition. :D
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really did not like the first one for a long time, But then one day I played for a few hours and got addicted and loved it, I blasted through the second in days and shall be buying the third asap.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the first one when I first played it. When I played a bit of Infamous 2 it was a bit of a revelation, but I had to stop playing so I could go back and finish the first game. Naturally, I haven't quite managed this yet, so Second Son may have to wait a while!
    Forum Member
    Saw some HD screen shots last night, SS looks very very good. They even had some previous Infamous screen shots in HD they looked very good too.