Options

Michael Jackson Week - Who will sing what?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Considering that XF not only ripped off David Archuleta's Imagine, but it seems also Brooke White's Every Breath You Take, I wouldn't be surprised now to see an AI style Billie Jean at all.

And BTW, Simon criticised Brooke for her arrangement during AI!!!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Eoghan will probably do Ben or a Jackson 5 number (if theyre allowed that) :eek:
    Daniel/Scott could do You Are Not Alone.
    Ruth - Earth Song perhaps, has the potential to be dramatic.
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Eoghan will probably do Ben or a Jackson 5 number (if theyre allowed that) :eek:
    Daniel/Scott could do You Are Not Alone.
    Ruth - Earth Song perhaps, has the potential to be dramatic.

If someone sings Earth Song they will be heading home
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Chi wrote: »
    Considering that XF not only ripped off David Archuleta's Imagine, but it seems also Brooke White's Every Breath You Take, I wouldn't be surprised now to see an AI style Billie Jean at all.

And BTW, Simon criticised Brooke for her arrangement during AI!!!

It's was bugging me where I'd heard that arrangement before - spot on, it was Brooke's wasn't it.

It's a world of no giving Austin CC's Billie Jean, and if he does I really hope one of the other judges calls him on it.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Why? Admittedly Earth Song has to be sung in its full version, I dont understand why, at this stage especially with 12 finalists they couldnt have them do the full versions of the songs. Earth Song is MJ's biggest hit of the 90's.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    tellmeall wrote: »
    I would love love love to hear JLS sing "Can you feel it?" it would be amazing

I'd love to hear JLS do an old-style Jackson 5 song like "Looking through the windows".
  • Options
    Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    i hope none of them do the earth song this w/end i dont think its a good idea..but thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Chi wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised now to see an AI style Billie Jean at all.

I said that earlier on in this thread, I will eat my hat (if I had one) if Austin doesn't do the CC version of Billie Jean, not that he can pull it off like David Cook did in AI, but I think Simon will bank on the fact that most X-Factor viewers won't have seen AI and that it'll all be fresh and new and 'edgy'.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    lady_ravenlady_raven Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    I said that earlier on in this thread, I will eat my hat (if I had one) if Austin doesn't do the CC version of Billie Jean, not that he can pull it off like David Cook did in AI, but I think Simon will bank on the fact that most X-Factor viewers won't have seen AI and that it'll all be fresh and new and 'edgy'.....:rolleyes:

If he trys it he'll fall flat on his feet, Austin don't come over as a rock singer
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady_raven wrote: »
    If he trys it he'll fall flat on his feet, Austin don't come over as a rock singer

...can sing the phone book comes to mind, so he might surprise you:p
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lady_raven wrote: »

I think they'll praise him anyway.
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »

Please NO!

I mean David Cook did a good version but Austin seriously!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    Please NO!

I love Austin but if they make him sing that I will be FUMING, I probably won't have got over Eoghan's imagine rip off by then! It would not suit his voice at all! And Every Breath You Take was basically the exact same version as Brooke's now that I listen to them both one after another, if they have him sing Billie Jean like Cook it'll be like the 'watch Austin be the entire idol top 10 show' before long.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    Please NO!

I reckon they'll give Austin something like Ain't No Sunshine when she's gone. Actually It's quite difficult to pick Michael Jackson songs for the girls. Eoghan could sing She's out of My Life and JLS could do Rock with you but I can't think what they'll give Rachel, Laura or Diana.
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon they'll give Austin something like Ain't No Sunshine when she's gone. Actually It's quite difficult to pick Michael Jackson songs for the girls. Eoghan could sing She's out of My Life and JLS could do Rock with you but I can't think what they'll give Rachel, Laura or Diana.

I hope you are right i mean i didn't mind David Cook's version but I love Chris Cornell's (he is one of my favourite singers) and I really hate seeing great songs murdered.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on who sings what yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't care what they sing just get rid of that AWFUL coarse woman Rachel, she's embarassing to watch
  • Options
    Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Don't care what they sing just get rid of that AWFUL coarse woman Rachel, she's embarassing to watch

awful coarse woman?

yeah okay then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really love Rachel's voice. Along with Laura, she's a fave of mine. :) As for a MJ song.....hmmmm? Actually, even though she's a gal, vocally, she'd nail Billie Jean, IMO. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Austin but if they make him sing that I will be FUMING, I probably won't have got over Eoghan's imagine rip off by then! It would not suit his voice at all! And Every Breath You Take was basically the exact same version as Brooke's now that I listen to them both one after another, if they have him sing Billie Jean like Cook it'll be like the 'watch Austin be the entire idol top 10 show' before long.

I still would put money on Austin doing the song he did at judges houses..was it 'Shes out of my life'? Simon said that one performance was gonna change the guys life, obv meaning he was gonna put him through & he really liked it..So I'd say Simon would give him that song again, not as a safe option but because he knows Austin can do it REALLY well & with the proper backing track & lights, audience etc, it would be brill!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Given that Diana Vickers seems the only one with a modicum of talent then she should sing Human Nature as for the rest of the gonks, who cares.

:)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found the song that I think Diana should do. It was Stranger in Moscow.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZz-q8CRLE
  • Options
    Jaded81Jaded81 Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel to do Little Susie! A tad fitting perhaps?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Beer wrote: »
    I was thinking

Diana Vickers - Gone too soon
    Daniel Evans - Ben
    Laura - Billie Jean
    JLS - Liberian Girl
    Ruth - You are not alone
    Austin - Thriller
    Girl Band - Black or White
    Eoghan - Earth Song
    Rachel - Beat it
    Scott - Man in the Mirror

I think JLS will get you are not alone
  • Options
    Jaded81Jaded81 Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a million Michael Jackson songs that are far more fitting to the contestants than the same old snoozeworthy Ben/Billie Jean/Rock With You/Man In The Mirror crap. But you now it'll be the saaame old ones churned out like the saaame old ones that are continually chucked on the differently packaged Greatest Hits albums.

Well I suppose I'd be happy with any line-up as long as the abysmal You Are Not Alone doesn't appear, but I bet it will.

JLS could do Heaven Can Wait, Speechless or Human Nature better than anything else, particularly Human Nature as Boyz II Men successfully covered that with their harmonies and Heaven Can Wait was originally meant for Blackstreet.