Options

Anyone seen Michael McIntyre's 2009 Tour?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
Forum Member
Going to see him tomorrow night.
Anyone seen him this year? I've heard good things.

Comments

• Options
    ixploraixplora Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On TV yes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah I mean live.
  • Options
    ixploraixplora Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally me i wouldn't bother with a live comedy show, I only go to watch Concerts live.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ixplora wrote: »
    Personally me i wouldn't bother with a live comedy show, I only go to watch Concerts live.

Live comedy is amazing! I go quite regularly, I don't think you can beat it live, it's funnier somehow, I suppose it's because you all go there expecting to laugh and stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember going to the Comedy Store in London in the 90s, you cant beat live comedy by the Pros.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carlp69 wrote: »
    I remember going to the Comedy Store in London in the 90s, you cant beat live comedy by the Pros.

I go there myself sometimes, it's the place where I first discovered (and got picked on by) Michael McIntyre.

I've not seen his tour (would love to), but I hope you have fun:D.
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing him on Friday. Saw him last year at the infamous Wolves Civic show where he fell over and broke his shoulder/elbow. He even picked on me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Off to see him tonight at the NIA - can't wait :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I was at the Wembley Arena show last weekend. It was very funny, with 99% new material. I only recognised 1 recycled joke from his 'Comedy Road Trip' series.

No warm up act though... I admit this was the first live show I have been to, but I was expecting one. Maybe it was just me.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen any live comedy since the 90's & Eddie Izzard's 'One Word Improv'. My O/H wants to go and see McIntyre at the NIA at the end of November. Would be interested to know how good it is.
  • Options
    TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he plays the O2 Arena, is the entire arena filled by the audience or are some sections blocked off?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Seeing him on Friday at the NIA, can't wait. :D

Just watched some clips on YouTube from the recent Wembley shows... absolutely hilarious! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the Wembley Arena show last weekend. It was very funny, with 99% new material. I only recognised 1 recycled joke from his 'Comedy Road Trip' series.

No warm up act though... I admit this was the first live show I have been to, but I was expecting one. Maybe it was just me.

It is fairly normal not to have a warm up act for a comedy show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he plays the O2 Arena, is the entire arena filled by the audience or are some sections blocked off?

The whole arena.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is fairly normal not to have a warm up act for a comedy show.

I think it depends, Simon Amstell likes to have a warm up act:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it depends, Simon Amstell likes to have a warm up act:).

Some do, some don't. I certainly wouldn't expect one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment.

I quite like seeing a warm-up act though, they're generally pretty good:).
  • Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, do they edit the show in any way, i.e. show more acts then just cut out the rubbish ones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robot1000 wrote: »
    Out of interest, do they edit the show in any way, i.e. show more acts then just cut out the rubbish ones?

What do you mean? It is a Michael McIntyre solo show.
  • Options
    Captain_JackCaptain_Jack Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Saw the show at the NIA Birmingham last night. Fantastic!

From the moment he came bounding onto the stage and started discussing the people who were still getting to their seats (hilarious) to the encore this was a wonderful show.

Achingly funny, Michael effortlessly taps into some of the most ordinary things in life and makes us laugh out loud.
    From driving, to our bedroom conversations, to our restuarant behaviour - to name but a few topics.
    Some of the simplest observations can be made into the funniest, and to me that is Michael's sublime skill.

The only disappointment was that it was all over far too soon (sign of a good show I guess?). Runs from 8 till 10, with an interval - but the time just flies by!
    Anyone who's going to the show is in for a treat. I want to go again now!!!

(I've kept my ticket and safely stored it in my man drawer...:D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I went to see it on Sat3rd at Wembley Arena - they were filming the DVD there also (to be released 16th November)

Was absolutely brilliant! I have never laughed so much and I thought the person next to me was going to hyperventilate she was literally crying with laughter. The man is a comedy legend. In saying that though, I saw Lee Evans at the Arena last October and MM comes a very close second! Only beaten by LE because his show was alot longer!

Wish i could go again, but having to make do with looking forward to the DVD release (already preordered from Play.com :D ) - oh and if you buy it and hear someone with a hacking cough, thats me :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member

I saw Lee Evans last year and was expecting a warm up act too, but he did not have one either...maybe it depends on the quality of the comedian as to whether they need one or not! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Im going to see him in 2 weeks in Glasgow - cant wait!
  • Options
    keli77keli77 Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went last week, and have never laughed so much! Think its the funniest show i ever seen! Those that havent been yet are in for such a treat!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Hey,

Just asking to the people who have seen him recently - still really good reviews from everyone?

If anyone has seen him in Glasgow or anywhere i guess - are there big screens up?

Going to see him tomorrow night! Cant wait :D