Sara's Australian Accent

2»

Comments

• Backward BoyBackward Boy Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What part of Aus is she from? I remember being in Adelaide and thinking the accent was particularly grating where as in Sydney and Melbourne is was easier on the ear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it remind you of the fake housemate Pauline from last year????
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What part of Aus is she from? I remember being in Adelaide and thinking the accent was particularly grating where as in Sydney and Melbourne is was easier on the ear.

She's from Melbourne. Although it says on her C4 'rural upbringing' in Melbourne so I'm not exactly sure where. :)
  • cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she sounds like she's a country girl. I have a few mates who talk similarly to her and they were raised in different states but all were from country areas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spent four years up north while at uni, and considering I'm from around Cambridge, the accent is ridiculously different to what I was used to. Yet I can (proudly) say that I didn't pick up a northern accent at all, although I can do a great impression if the need arises.

Personally, I think that it's all a farce anyway. When people "pick up" an accent, I personally believe they do it through choice. I know people who've moved to a different part of the country and within months they begun talking like inbred farmers. Still, whatever floats you boat. I'm not a massive fan of the australian accent, but I wouldn't judge Sara based soley on her accent. I'd be willing to go as far as judging her on her looks and the size of her wallet as well...

:D:D:D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zutons wrote: »
    Kat's accent doesn't grate on the ears likes sara's. I like maysoon's accent.

Does Maysoon have an accent? She just sounds well-spoken to me, here in posh Surrey.
  • Itchy NiagrasItchy Niagras Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rennie wrote: »
    Indeed. My friend has just returned from living in Sydney for 4 yers. She's Welsh and said she heard more Welsh accents out there than back home!

Well who wants to live in Wales?:D

<runs for cover>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D'ya rilly think Sarah is a bogan? Shame there aren't any mullet-headed blokes in there for her.
  • greig andrewgreig andrew Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shes australian.thats why she has an australian accent!!!!!shes being true to herself and her country and fair plays to her for it.why should she not have an australian accent?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    I mean she's been here for five years already!! Why isn't she speaking with a plum in her mouth or doing a how's your father, knees up mother brown? Why has she still got that thick Australian accent. :confused:

I agree her accent is quite strong. I've been in England / Ireland for 10 years, and I'd say my accent's softened a bit but people still know I'm from Australia when I speak.

Her accent reminds me of how the accent sounds whenever I go home to Oz - it's always a shock for the first couple of days because it sounds so harsh and nasally. Then I get used to it and come back to Ireland sounding really 'ocker' again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    nelly-j wrote: »
    lol.....imo she sounds like the cast in kath and kim show. youtube it if you dont know the show :D

LOL yeah I agree! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Sara, Trude and Prude...

yah..yah...Pru...it's noo!

Thanks Tru...I know it's noo but is it bloo?

it's troo bloo Pru!

:D
  • MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    It's kind of our version of your 'chav'. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

ty :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dom_ wrote: »
    Personally, I think that it's all a farce anyway. When people "pick up" an accent, I personally believe they do it through choice. I know people who've moved to a different part of the country and within months they begun talking like inbred farmers.

:D:D:D

I agree. I'm from the US but have been living in London for the last 3 years. I still have my American accent and wouldn't dream of trying to sound more british for fear of sounding silly.

I have picked up a lot of the british vocabulary just to make my life easier. Although a couple of days ago at the cosmetics counter I asked for the "trash" instead of the bin and the girl who worked there laughed and thought it was "so cute."
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,242
    Forum Member
    I actually like her accent, but then I luv accents anyway :D but Rachel's is the best :D
  • lifesabeach11lifesabeach11 Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really really really cannot stand her accent.