Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Did Mr Mustard get laid into for hating ED?;-)

Mr Mustard hated Marlon with a passion, but not Emmerdale as such. He did used to get very angry with the pantomime season that ED was then. But he praised it as well, he was especially on side with the baby Daniel death episodes.

Aida did write long essays and could be quite harsh in her views, but she was always entertaining. IIRC she withdrew from DS because she had some really awful trolling about her views. Whatever else, she was always entertaining.

Tinkie also used to write long, amusing essays, Lottie reminds me of her. Unfortunately, Tinkie was ill and ceased to post on DS.

It was a priviledge to have "known" all three posters.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Mo Mouse - he always cracked me up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say that Mr Mustard started this thread but under a different name because he was tired of the trolls on the discussion thread.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong the fact everyone else seems to be fully qualified; Cain, Dan, Aaron, Ross and everyone else who's worked there, can be a bit 'coincidental' that they all happen to be mechanics but I don't find Debbie being qualified strange.

I think Aaron trained under Debbie in his first stint so I suppose that can be believable and we don't know Ross' history so he too could well be a mechanic.
    Every FE college seems to do motor mechanic training, so it's not so unbelievable that so many characters are mechanics. Cain was mid20s when he appeared so he'd had plenty of time to train, as has Ross. They specified that Dan wasn't qualified but had plenty of practical experience.
    Oi! Our wonderful producer is getting rid of revolting Rachel so you leave the fabulous lady alone.
    Ok, who are you and what have you done with Spunger?:o;-)
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    we don't know Ross' history so he too could well be a mechanic.
    Every FE college seems to do motor mechanic training, so it's not so unbelievable that so many characters are mechanics. Cain was mid20s when he appeared so he'd had plenty of time to train, as has Ross.

Ross was working at a previous garage (http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/G._Silverton_Autos) before moving to the village as noted when Cain and Marlon went on the hunt for Laurel and her scissors, so I think it's likely that he would have trained/qualified before then.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi! Our wonderful producer is getting rid of revolting Rachel so you leave the fabulous lady alone.

I'm supposed to give her credit for axing her when it was her that brought Rachel back in the first place? Never in a million years.:o:o:o>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I miss Mo Mouse - he always cracked me up!

Mo Mouse was just sheer quality, but DS couldn't see through his humour and just brushed him off as a troll, because the mods have zero sense of humour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

1) What happened to Rachelspit when she went away, did she use Charity's money for a complete character bypass transplant. This Rachel is a bad tempered unpleasant person very different to the one who left.. If anyone else was being treated the way Jai is behaving around her I would feel sorry for them but with this Rachelspit I just can't

2) Jai once he had calmed down after the treacherous cow's visit and he had been calmed down by Layla came up with a rather good plan to keep Rachelspit in the village., using SAm utter stupidity against her.

3) Sam is thicker than an entire barns wooden planks, seriously Sam Rachelspit doesn't care about you.

4) The Treacherous cow - unforgivable behaviour telling Jai about sam and Rachelspit

5) Dull dan was Dull

6) Loopy Lush was drunk as usual

7) Gormless Moron was moronic as ever, wonder if the actor finds having his covered eye all the time uncomfortable.

8) April is better than the Adults

9) Moira was sensible

10) Victoria lit up the episode as ever, damn you Kate.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rachelspit" Heehee. :D:D:D:D
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I'm supposed to give her credit for axing her when it was her that brought Rachel back in the first place? Never in a million years.:o:o:o>:(

So why were you calling her the lovely Rachel not too long ago:confused: She is not and never has been a lovely character. I cannot wait to see the end of this whiney skanky bore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa running off to Jai the minute Sam's back was turned was unforgivable. What has happened to the nice lady that Lisa used to be? Now she is just a moaning, spiteful, whiny old bat. Put her back into The Hats character changing machine. I do not like this version of her.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa running off to Jai the minute Sam's back was turned was unforgivable. What has happened to the nice lady that Lisa used to be? Now she is just a moaning, spiteful, whiny old bat. Put her back into The Hats character changing machine. I do not like this version of her.

I think Lisa did the right thing. She knows Rachel is no good and is looking out for Sam's best interest. After last night it really cemented it for me, Sam made a big mistake by going back to her, he was much better off with Tracy.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's doing the same to Anna Windass in Corrie.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's doing the same to Anna Windass in Corrie.>:(

True, he has made Anna screaming old shrew. I wish he would but out of interfering in Emmerdale, it isn't his job any more, someone should tell him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't seem to me that Lisa had Sam's best interests at heart,she seemed to love telling tales to Jai, perhaps she wants Rachel's job at the sweetie factory. To me she just came over as a nasty little sneak. She just want's to keep all the Dingle's together, Sam isn't even her son so she has no excuse to rain on his parade. Look how she is with Belle, it doesn't seem like mother love with her it is smother love, she HAS to know everything that is going on in the Dingle family whether it is her business or not. Vile cow.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't seem to me that Lisa had Sam's best interests at heart,she seemed to love telling tales to Jai, perhaps she wants Rachel's job at the sweetie factory. To me she just came over as a nasty little sneak. She just want's to keep all the Dingle's together, Sam isn't even her son so she has no excuse to rain on his parade. Look how she is with Belle, it doesn't seem like mother love with her it is smother love, she HAS to know everything that is going on in the Dingle family whether it is her business or not. Vile cow.

I haven't seen last nights ep, but how right you are about Lisa IMO. She's very controlling and over protective. Ok Sam is vulnerable but she treats him like he's 5, and has no respect for him. Same with Belle- all that nonsense over 'paying' her instead of being honest about the job was ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen last nights ep, but how right you are about Lisa IMO. She's very controlling and over protective. Ok Sam is vulnerable but she treats him like he's 5, and has no respect for him. Same with Belle- all that nonsense over 'paying' her instead of being honest about the job was ridiculous.
    I think Lisa has adopted the 'Dingle Clan' mentality to the nth degree and family has to be kept together at all costs irrespective of who gets hurt in the process. I don't think she realises how controlling she's become and genuinely believes she's doing it for the family.

Can't stand the woman these days personally, but I do think she genuinely has her extended family's interests at heart, even if her actions are often misguided. But then she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I think Lisa has adopted the 'Dingle Clan' mentality to the nth degree and family has to be kept together at all costs irrespective of who gets hurt in the process. I don't think she realises how controlling she's become and genuinely believes she's doing it for the family.

Can't stand the woman these days personally, but I do think she genuinely has her extended family's interests at heart, even if her actions are often misguided. But then she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    The Dingles were traditionally a Patriarchal clan.

However, since they did the mental illness storyline with Zac, there has been a definite shift in the family dynamics.
    Lisa now carries a much more Matriarchal role than she ever used to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dingles were traditionally a Patriarchal clan.

However, since they did the mental illness storyline with Zac, there has been a definite shift in the family dynamics.
    Lisa now carries a much more Matriarchal role than she ever used to.
    Yes definitely. I almost put in my post that the stuff Lisa is doing now would have been done by Zac before his illness changed him and quietened him down, but I forgot. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why were you calling her the lovely Rachel not too long ago:confused: She is not and never has been a lovely character. I cannot wait to see the end of this whiney skanky bore.

She was the lovely Rachel the first time round as I am sure Sulla would agree, i'm afraid a totally different character returned who isn't lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

All of Belle's problems over the past 2 years are down to Lisa other than the Killing Gemma thing:, put if Belle had told the police straight away the police would probably not have charged her and incalculable damage to Belle's mental state wouldn't have resulted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was the lovely Rachel the first time round as I am sure Sulla would agree, i'm afraid a totally different character returned who isn't lovely.

I disagree. I think she was just as vile the first time, emotionally blackmailing Jai at every opportunity. My god, she must be a piece of work to make me sympathise with Jai of all people!
    All of Belle's problems over the past 2 years are down to Lisa other than the Killing Gemma thing:, put if Belle had told the police straight away the police would probably not have charged her and incalculable damage to Belle's mental state wouldn't have resulted.

But this I agree with! :D Since her rape storyline, Lisa has just disintegrated as a character. You'd think such a harrowing ordeal would give her some perspective and make her more understanding and pragmatic, but if anything the exact opposite has happened!
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    But this I agree with! :D Since her rape storyline, Lisa has just disintegrated as a character. You'd think such a harrowing ordeal would give her some perspective and make her more understanding and pragmatic, but if anything the exact opposite has happened!

The only time I've liked Lisa recently is when she supported Alicia after the assault. I'd have liked more of that. Everything else is just her wittling away about stuff that is none of her business. I'd honestly be happy for her to be bumped off (tragically) and for Zak to have a bereavement storyline.

Sorry Lise. Either that or for god's sake, sort out her characterisation. Where's the strong warm character she used to be?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly Bulletin of the Malt Shovel

The Village shop is up for sale as David And Alicia Metcalfe plan a new life in Portugal after all their recent troubles, the shuttleworth family are interested

Vandals hit the Connelton Red phone box and smashed all the windows

Hopworths in Robbles field have a BOGOF sale in dustbins and brush's

The Chicken factor farm at Robblesfield bexk has been hit with a case of bird flu and the chickens will be destroyed

A rare Blue speckled ****tit was seen just outside Emmerdale at the weekend, Bird Fanciers from all over came to see it But they were shocked when a Llama stomped on it

The was a distinct lack of new this week (Ed)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time I've liked Lisa recently is when she supported Alicia after the assault. I'd have liked more of that. Everything else is just her wittling away about stuff that is none of her business. I'd honestly be happy for her to be bumped off (tragically) and for Zak to have a bereavement storyline.

Sorry Lise. Either that or for god's sake, sort out her characterisation. Where's the strong warm character she used to be?

Absolutely. Modern Lisa is unrecognisable from the gentle, warm, sensible person of yesteryear. :(
This discussion has been closed.