Scherzinger To Replace Kelly

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
Forum Member
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/29/perry-scherzinger-up-for-uk-x-factor-job

Scherzinger definately has a fan in Louis Walsh, was a fan favourite when she did a short stint in the uk and wowed the public with her commitment, laid-back approach and stunning good looks. Could Scherzinger possibly return?

Comments

• Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think she'd do better in the UK than she did in the US, she seems more liked here. However I doubt Simon would take the risk after her role on the US version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    I hope not she was awful on the us xfactor,dull as dish water
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't have a problem with her on their version, so would be happy to have her on ours. I quite like her. Don't see why so many seem to not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    If Cowell ever offers Scherzinger X factor in the uk, I really think she should take it. Even though she might see it as a step backwards, people loved her in the uk and she could get a huge fanbase, I think she'd feel more comfortable on the uk version too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, poor UK if you guys have to suffer her again.
    thankfully, Simon does not share delusional fantasies of the loony tunes here... in fact, he already has said now a couple of times he regrets replacing the popular Cheryl for that useless failure, Nicole.

From new article in THE SUN, today:
    Simon is adamant he did not sack Cheryl and wanted to “move her” to the UK series.

He told GQ Magazine: “If I could reverse time it wouldn’t have happened. It was an in-the-moment decision where you put your producer’s hat on. I just thought she was more comfortable on the UK show. She was hurt. It all ended pretty badly, to be honest.”
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    She has a first name you know...
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ablahh wrote: »
    lol, poor UK if you guys have to suffer her again.
    thankfully, Simon does not share delusional fantasies of the loony tunes here... in fact, he already has said now a couple of times he regrets replacing the popular Cheryl for that useless failure, Nicole.

From new article in THE SUN, today:
    Simon is adamant he did not sack Cheryl and wanted to “move her” to the UK series.

He told GQ Magazine: “If I could reverse time it wouldn’t have happened. It was an in-the-moment decision where you put your producer’s hat on. I just thought she was more comfortable on the UK show. She was hurt. It all ended pretty badly, to be honest.”

so she was so brilliant on the US show he felt he had to move her to the UK, if you believe that you are a fool, cheryl was fired by simon and by fox, to say it went down any other way is idiotic
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    She has a first name you know...
    Her Name Is Nicole.....
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    so she was so brilliant on the US show he felt he had to move her to the UK, if you believe that you are a fool, cheryl was fired by simon and by fox, to say it went down any other way is idiotic

I believe she was fired, for definite. But she was offered a UK contract, which she then decided against, that much has been effectively confirmed in the past.

And her positive reception compared to Nicole's lukewarm one kind of showed he did make a mistake- even if I don't think Nicole was quite as bad as was made out to be. Critics/the wider US public seemed to enjoy her brief spell as a judge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will never know if Fox made a mistake not taking a chance with Cheryl. It could well have been that TV audiences could not have understood her accent and it might have been a disaster.

In the brief time we saw of her she did look ill at ease. Maybe she would have relaxed into her role, maybe it would have all gone wrong. As I say we'll never know the answer.

I think Simon Cowell tried to do too much - he wanted to mix the UK show with his time on American Idol - mixing Paula Abdul and Cheryl Cole together - it was overbaked.
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I believe she was fired, for definite. But she was offered a UK contract, which she then decided against, that much has been effectively confirmed in the past.

And her positive reception compared to Nicole's lukewarm one kind of showed he did make a mistake- even if I don't think Nicole was quite as bad as was made out to be. Critics/the wider US public seemed to enjoy her brief spell as a judge.

i apologise, i thought you were saying that she was not fired but simply switched to the uk show due to her greatness, i also agree that nicole did not go down well in the states but I like her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Nicole for Kelly. The producers of Strictly would be absolutely delighted!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Nicole for Kelly. The producers of Strictly would be absolutely delighted!:rolleyes:

:D

On the plus side, it would Nicole yet another reason for delaying her music career. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No i don't believe and never claimed to believe that they simply wanted to moved Cheryl to UK so they fired her --- clearly they fired her from the US show because Simon got nervous and thought she wasn't working out. Moving her back to the UK show was an after-thought and Simon's idea of resolving the whole thing peacefully (given that Cheryl was a popular judge on the UK show)

But here all I'm doing is quoting Simon. He's the fool. And now he is rewriting history on what happened with Cheryl because he doesn't want to admit that he made the stupid decision to fire her given that:

(a) Cheryl was warmly received by those who saw her in those couple of audition episodes. No need to re-present the reviews from major US newspapers criticizing her being swapped for that trash Nicole. And of course don't forget all the regular viewers (e.g., see what people were saying on twitter, etc.) who were complaining about Nicole's poor performance and asking for Cheryl to be reinstated throughout the season. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3236/nict.jpg
    (b) Cheryl's popular performance on the UK show is what Simon hoped to bring over to the US --- he now regrets not being able to see whether his gut instinct to bring her over was right and whether she could have helped his struggling first US season.. And all for what? For an inferior replacement who was continually panned throughout the season and who he threw out as soon as the season ended.
    (c) His show flopped in the US, and he's been having PR nightmares ever since... while Cheryl is still popular, and poised for even more success with her upcoming album.

So it's no surprise that Simon is trying to pretend that it was all a big mix-up ... "I never meant it to happen that way... we actually offered the US job back to her but will.i.am never picked up the phone!!! :cry: Oh, by the way, I love Cheryl's new song and I think it's going to be a huge hit!!" He's trying to save face because he screwed up big time, and not only was it all for nothing (i.e., for Nicole Scherzinger, critical and commercial failure), but it also created great backlash which he is still hurting from.
    Forum Member
    Scherzinger never delayed her singing career, she's had number one hits as a solo artist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Scherzinger never delayed her singing career, she's had number one hits as a solo artist.

On which planet?
    Forum Member
    Let's just ignore each other's posts, it's easier.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    We will never know if Fox made a mistake not taking a chance with Cheryl. It could well have been that TV audiences could not have understood her accent and it might have been a disaster.

In the brief time we saw of her she did look ill at ease. Maybe she would have relaxed into her role, maybe it would have all gone wrong. As I say we'll never know the answer.

I think Simon Cowell tried to do too much - he wanted to mix the UK show with his time on American Idol - mixing Paula Abdul and Cheryl Cole together - it was overbaked.

It has been explained many times during the last couple of days in several threads.
    Here's the summary from user C14E
    Given what has been said in the book (summary below) and to the press lately, it doesn't seem like he's annoyed at Cheryl. Negotiations to get her back on the UK show seemed to start off OK - she had been open to the idea since it was first brought up after a disappointing start in Los Angeles. Bower writes that had it been anyone else, they'd have been promptly dispatched after LA. But hopeful that things would turn around, she got another chance. One of the UK Exec Producers tried to lift her spirits and after the first day, The Sun ran a headline which read "America Loves Cheryl". The team speculated that the seating arrangement was what was making her too quiet.

Sir Philip Green advised Cowell to prepare for a potential UK return and the Manchester auditions were cancelled to give her another chance in Chicago while keeping open the option of a UK return in time for the start of the Birmingham auditions. Between LA and Chicago, she was to be in Cannes. Philip Green text her to meet for a drink to discuss the situation (he too was in Cannes) but she never got back and instead her agent told him a few hours later that she couldn't meet him (Cowell was not surprised that she dodged a difficult meeting, but it reflected poorly nonetheless). Cheryl didn't do well in Chicago and after endless discussion, it seemed nobody was impressed and she wasn't looking happy to be on the show. Cowell was also getting jittery about the show as a whole. Amidst widespread indecision from the many parties involved, Cowell suggested that she be dropped from the show and return to the UK. Mike Darnell and Cecile Frot-Coutaz were more concerned about their $2m and neither enthused about the prospect of her staying.

Negotiations in the UK started well when Cowell spoke to Cheryl but hit an iceberg when will.i.am came on board - he had been an odd choice of agent for a potential US TV star given his total lack of TV experience. A difficult situation was made worse when the story hit the press. The final offer was worth nearly £4m and included an Executive Producer credit on X Factor. Will.i.am even proposed she get equity in the show - "it's not mine to give" was Cowell's reply. It didn't help that ITV weren't overly enthusiastic about bringing her back. But things took another turn when, unhappy with Nicole as a replacement and paying Cheryl $2m, the 2 US chiefs felt Cheryl should go back to XF USA. Eventually, Cowell agreed, though he wasn't thrilled with the idea and felt they were penny pinching on a mega-budget. Cheryl ignored contact from Cecile Frot-Coutaz and when will.i.am spoke to Cowell, he ranted and raved that it was some kind of plot to get the $2m back if she didn't show up. And that was the end of it.

As Nicole entered his trailer on the final night to distribute gifts to him, Darnell and Frot-Coutaz, her fate was already sealed.

The full story including most of their conversations can be found in the book by Tom Bower that he is referring to here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    As Nicole entered his trailer on the final night to distribute gifts to him, Darnell and Frot-Coutaz, her fate was already sealed.

Lol, thanks for posting. Very interesting read. $2m... not bad for a few days' work. Good job, Cheryl, get all you can from them!!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Let's just ignore each other's posts, it's easier.

It's hard to ignore posts like yours .... if you just want reaffirming comments about how perfect Scherzinger is, go start her fan club.... This is an X Factor forum, Scherzinger is no longer related to X Factor thank god, so people have a right to have a laugh when you post these kinds of threads about her.