Demi Moore's daughters

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can newspapers print these things so easily which usually turned out to be untrue and denied by the actor/actress etc. It happens constantly today in the media yet there was a time when a journalist had to check their facts before going into print!!! Now you can say outrageous things under the "stated a friend of ......." and get away with it!!

They get away with it because they use the word "source" and most times a celeb won't bother to sue because it's so costly.. If I was in the same circumstances as Demi's children my loyalty would be with my mother as she is with me for life a former step dad will disappear once he gets his own family I'm sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    Bit different AK was not a step dad -- they had an active father who vacationed with their mother etc. AK was 27 when he married Demi I doubt other then the normal bond hes my husband I can't see Bruce Willis saying be a dad to my kids can you?

You do know peaple can have more than one father figure in their life.

And no its is not diffrent AK was a part of their life for 10 years manly their teenage year when they was at a stage where love grows more stronger than say a 3 year old. And just because Bruce is still around does not mean the kids couldnt bond very well with AK as a stepdad. As their are many kids with two sets of parents eg real dad/mother and stepddad/stepmothers.

So again its still wrong for a mother to expect their kids to turn their feeling off just to stop the mother from hurting. If anything a mother who expect a child to hurt to save herself from hurting is not a very nice mother imo.

As for AK been 27 at the time they got married it has nothing to do with it. As a 16 year old could at more mature then a 70 years old so bring age into it is pointless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, but if your mom was cheated on and publicly humiliated would you be calling your step daddy and having conversations with him etc?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad:( I wonder what she did that requires a bloody restraining order from her own daughters!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, but if your mom was cheated on and publicly humiliated would you be calling your step daddy and having conversations with him etc?

Apart from the publicly humiliated part. It did happen to my mother and yes I did talk to my stepdad as you just can turn feeling off just like that. Dont get me wrong I was upset that he hurt my mum but I still love him.

Just like I was upset when my mum cheated on my real dad but I still didnt stop calling or talking her as well.

When thing like this happen parent should not expect children to stop talking to people they love just because their mother or father hurts. Its emotional blackmail for a parent to say a child should stop talking to them if you love me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I feel that the public humiliation Demi got and the age of her kids (they weren't babies) they should have had their moms back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I feel that the public humiliation Demi got and the age of her kids (they weren't babies) they should have had their moms back.

Just because they talk to AK does not mean they have not had her back. :rolleyes: In and adult world it is possbile to love someone even if another person close to you despise that person.

All this I gave birth to you so you should only talk or love who I want you to is wrong. A mother should not dictate their kids life when they are that old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to disagree on this one...

I just think if you know one parent is clearly down which demi is AK isn't they should show some sort of support for her thats all... and not complain to the rags
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    OhMyStarz wrote: »
    I read somewhere that you can't get a restraining order against your own mom...

I read that too in an article that basically called b/s on this whole story. What they said sounded very plausible; something along the lines of this can't happen, if it could the courts would be full of cases or similar.....

As I commented earlier, I don't see how that can be right. There are such things as malign mothers, and it's perfectly plausible that some mothers would deliberately set to harrass their children and make their life a misery. It would be very odd if the child did not have the legal means to defend themselves against a stalking campaign just because it's their mother.

I also disagree that the courts would be full of such cases. Most people get on rather well with their mothers and are pleased to hear from them, or even when they aren't, wouldn't dream of hurting their feelings by taking out an injunction.

This is all, of course, on the general point of principle, and nothing to do with this case. We don't know enough about this case to know what is going on.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will have to disagree on this one...

I just think if you know one parent is clearly down which demi is AK isn't they should show some sort of support for her thats all... and not complain to the rags

Have they complained to the rags though? All we've got is "a source". There's no indication that the source is one authorised by any of the girls.
  • babybutchbabybutch Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Demi has had all sorts of support from family & from Bruce.Plus the best advice/rehab/psych money can buy,but she needs to move on. Ashton certainly has .Demi needs to do a 'Courtney Cox' and take herself off to a sun-kissed beach with a hot guy in tow. Get papped frolicking in the sea & looking amazing & do an "Ashton Who " ? two-fingered salute.
    The healing will only come if you seek it & try to help yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babybutch wrote: »
    Demi has had all sorts of support from family & from Bruce.Plus the best advice/rehab/psych money can buy,but she needs to move on. Ashton certainly has .Demi needs to do a 'Courtney Cox' and take herself off to a sun-kissed beach with a hot guy in tow. Get papped frolicking in the sea & looking amazing & do an "Ashton Who " ? two-fingered salute.

I hear Tom Cruise is free :rolleyes:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh well we can shut all the psychiatric units because everyone can heal themselves now.:yawn:

ETA...all that's missing from the above is 'get a grip'.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member

Perhaps you are right! Demi is probably surrounded by friends who are not giving her a reality check. She has to accept that the relationship is over as you cannot MAKE anyone fall in love, or stay in love with you, no matter how beautiful, talented etc you are!!! Admittedly AK really humiliated her by his outrageous behavour. It must be devastating to see Bruce with a new young wife and baby girl, just to add to her misery. Life is not fair and it is especially not fair to aging actresses. Demi has to move on with her life or she will become a subject of pity in the media and after a while, anyone who is "desperately in love" with someone who does not want them, is rather pathetic. Find your self respect and anger and move on.
    Forum Member
    I hear Tom Cruise is free :rolleyes:

Hilarious!! Poor old Tom, gone from a film God to freak after the TomKat relationship!! I think any woman would run a mile from him now!! How on earth is he going to recover from this horrendous divorce and media coverage of Scientology?
    Forum Member
    Oh well we can shut all the psychiatric units because everyone can heal themselves now.:yawn:

I think to be fair Demi is not recovering from a psychiatric illness. She is upset and devastated (normal reaction) that her marriage is over. It is a very different thing! It is just typical of actresses and actors to make a drama out of everything. Nobody is sad and upset, no they are bulminic, near death's door etc. Even celebs cannot have a baby without absolute drama!! Look at Cheryl Cole and her malaria episode only to fly off to the USA two weeks later!! It seems every episode in their lives is a chance for more publicity and a higher profile!!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Who's denying it its been in a lot of publications... someone has said something.

Good point!! I stand corrected!!! No seriously, I had not noticed that this latest report had not been denied by her daughters. Obviously, they could easily do this.
    Forum Member

I never suggested she "heal herself". By all accounts she is getting more than enough help & now it's time to grow up & stop behaving like a dumped 14 yr old sulking & wailing .
    Actually you are totally correct re her getting a grip. Nobody died. She went into a relationship with a much younger man & was warned it would end in tears ,but she ignored the warnings & went for it. They had years together ,more than many same-age marriages & like I said,nobody died,he isn't suing her for multu-bucks & she is wealthy & pretty. She needs to get a grip indeed & stop messing her kids around.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...all that's missing from the above is 'get a grip'.
    I never suggested she "heal herself". By all accounts she is getting more than enough help & now it's time to grow up & stop behaving like a dumped 14 yr old sulking & wailing .
    Actually you are totally correct re her getting a grip. Nobody died. She went into a relationship with a much younger man & was warned it would end in tears ,but she ignored the warnings & went for it. They had years together ,more than many same-age marriages & like I said,nobody died,he isn't suing her for multu-bucks & she is wealthy & pretty. She needs to get a grip indeed & stop messing her kids around.
    Agree 100%. Wallowing over a failed vanity project, er, I mean relationship is one thing, over-wallowing is something else. Many other A-listers have suffered the same fate recently and 'ordinary folk' aren't immune to relationship fvck-ups. She herself can't be that bad as she's still making films. Please. She needs to realise there are much worse and more important things happening in the world than her marital breakdown. Sorry but in a world where some people don't know where their childrens' next meal is coming from she does indeed need to get a grip...
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but what is wrong with Demi feeling crap cos her marriage has ended?? She is a human after all and maybe she wanted her marriage to last for ever.her split doesn't mean anything to any of us but it does to her and we have no right o tell her to "move on" and I wouldn't appreciate someone trying to trivialise my marriage the way some think she should ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but what is wrong with Demi feeling crap cos her marriage has ended?? She is a human after all and maybe she wanted her marriage to last for ever.her split doesn't mean anything to any of us but it does to her and we have no right o tell her to "move on" and I wouldn't appreciate someone trying to trivialise my marriage the way some think she should ..

Agreed. And in a way I'm glad that there are still celebs out there who actually do give a crap abou their marriage.
  • mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
    Forum Member

I completely agree Betty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They get away with it because they use the word "source" and most times a celeb won't bother to sue because it's so costly.
    wow...So that's how they do it.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kids want to spend time with their step-dad who is closer to their age who they most likely identify with more than their 50 year old mom. 50 year old mom acts weirdly possessive and in turn is disregarded by her daughters who, as adults in the eyes of the law, are allowed to make their own decisions in their personal lives.

I see nothing new here other than further evidence Demi Moore is delusional and controlling with unrealistic expectations of those in her personal life.
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but what is wrong with Demi feeling crap cos her marriage has ended?? She is a human after all anto take note.d maybe she wanted her marriage to last for ever.her split doesn't mean anything to any of us but it does to her and we have no right o tell her to "move on" and I wouldn't appreciate someone trying to trivialise my marriage the way some think she should ..
    Nobody said she can't feel crap about it. She does & has made sure we all know about it with alleged 'overdoses' etc.
    Yes,she is human with human frailties. But so are her girls & if they are fed up with it all then I'd say that as a mother she needs to buckle up & get her act together before she alienates them all entirely.