Options

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
Forum Member
✭✭
Is anybody here excited for this game? I feel this game is THE opportunity for Capcom to restore some credibility for the series and to get a lot of fans back on their side, especially given the "sort of" return to form of the first Revelations game. They've already made a great start by listening to fan demands and bringing back Claire Redfield:

http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/platform/pc/resident-evil-revelations-2-exciting-new-details-revealed-first-screenshots-claire-redfield-burton-more/

Don't know what to think of Moira being in the game, but given that every 'new' original character since 4 has been bland, generic or boring, then perhaps a link to a fan favourite is what people need to get invested in a new character. It's certainly what they were banking on when they put so much stock in Jake, but then they turned him into an arrogant knobhead.

So yeah, I like what I'm seeing so far. Everything in that article sounds really promising, so I'm gonna do the foolish thing and be optimistic that Capcom will do what they say after the failure of RE6 and return to their roots.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like revelations and I love Resident Evil 6, so whatever type of game they make i'll be happy

I still don't get the hate for resident evil 6 though, the change in direction had been telegraphed since the 4th game and in terms of time the series has spent longer as an action game than as survival horror, why people expected any different after resident evil 5 became Capcom's biggest game EVER is beyond me....but this is a revelations 2 thread and I have no reason to believe it will be anything other than great
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the resi titles & this'll be no different! :)

(Great post Thomas!!!!) :cool:
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with all RE games, a day one release for me. I understand RE:Remake HD is released the same day too?

I'll wait and buy that after i've finished with Rev2.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think RE6 finally killed off any waning interest I had in this series.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Resident Evil series is clearly on a down slope. They used to be masterpieces. Now they are comedy pieces.