Chris Choi - Thomas Cook Deaths

Marc_DuckworthMarc_Duckworth Posts: 725
Forum Member
✭✭
Having just watched the ITV report on the Thomas Cook deaths, I have to say I was sickened by Mr. Choi's reporting of the hotel manager. The man was sentenced 9 years ago, and served his sentence, but Choi insisted on tracking him down, hounding him constantly, and now resulting in the man being fired. The new hotel has no safety concerns, and there hasnt been an incident involving the manager in 9 years but ITV and Thomas Cook insist on making this man suffer long after he has done the time. Mr. Choi, you should be ashamed, what do you expect of the man, he stops working and lives life on benefits?

Comments

• coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that. Choi seemed to have a personal vendetta, tragic as the events were.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Sky claimed the man was sacked after their intervention:confused:
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the third, possibly fourth night this week ITV News have led with this story for nearly the first half of the programme. As tragic as it is, does it really warrant this much coverage when there haven't been any real developments and the other broadcasters seem to have moved on? It's as though ITV has a vendetta against Thomas Cook.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bahtat wrote: »
    This is the third, possibly fourth night this week ITV News have led with this story for nearly the first half of the programme. As tragic as it is, does it really warrant this much coverage when there haven't been any real developments and the other broadcasters seem to have moved on? It's as though ITV has a vendetta against Thomas Cook.

I'm afraid it's a reflection of ITV News' journalistic standards. As their ratings plunge they become more and more down market.Anyhow Sky claim they got the man sacked, not ITV News.Clearly Thomas Cook was involved in a catastrophic act of mismanagement but that does not give the media the right to be vindictive.
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One might have hoped that after Sky News doorstepped a troll who then killed herself because of it, media outlets might realise that hounding people in such a manner isn't on.

I want to support freedom of the press but so vile are the British media that I do fear they ought to be reigned in with some solid rules and regulations when it comes to things like this.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very feeling of getting carried away with personal opinion taking over credible journalism.

Maybe he thinks he'll get an award for this?