monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ps4 and xbox 720
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mega CD I guess. I think Nightrap killed it off.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    EA not releasing games for the Dreamcast didn't help either.

I think sega selling itself on the machines online capabilities and failing to deliver for months after release was another big blow.

And when the quake and speed devils online came out, it was plagued by cheats using the action replay.

Also piracy must have played a factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still gutted that Sega no longer make consoles, they was always a massive part of gaming growing up. I owned all the sega consoles thought the dreamcast was massively under rated by some.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Not sure of all the details, but the Microsoft Zune was initially meant to be more of a competitor for PSP and iPod than anything else, whilst I don't think it ever really conquered anything.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I think they'd already cracked it with the multicoloured iMac, Power Mac G3 and Macbook computers before the iPod came on the scene... Folk were going nuts for them because they were different than the standard black/beige box PCs... Then they needed a swanky looking OS to match the exterior...

Apple laptops weren't known as Macbooks until they switched to Intel in 2006. In fact they had two different laptop brands - Powerbook and iBook. The Powerbook was aimed at professionals and people who wanted a more powerful computer or wanted a higher spec laptop (basically it was the Macbook Pro of the time) and the iBook was the consumer range (basically the now discontinued white Macbook/Macbook Air of the time). Those multicoloured clamshell iBooks were tacky though and looked like kids toys. I think if I had been using Macs back then I would have gone for the Powerbook G3 or G4 or whatever was around then.
  • Options
    fallenshadowfallenshadow Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Wasn't the game Plumbers Don't Wear Ties on the 3DO?
  • Options
    GoodBuddyGoodBuddy Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite a games console but i bought a Sam Coupe thinking it would take off. It was a load of rubbish that only had a handful of games. Prince of Persia was good though.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Mega CD was another good idea but released to late.

Anyone remember the Amstrad Mega PC?
    It was an Amstrad PC / Sega Megadrive hybrid.