Kay Burley on Sky News for post-BBC Euro debate

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    You can do that if you're staying in decent hotels (that know how to treat business people, so you're insulated from the minutiae of everyday living in a foreign country. AND if you turn left when you get on the plane, so there is no stress involved and you get a decent night's sleep. It's not always about privilege and keeping away from the screaming children (and adults) in the back ;-) - sometimes there's a sound financial reason, too.

Of course - agreed. Good comments and a true reflection of hotels and going away for work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even one person liking Kay Burley is almost too much for me to take! :o:D
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even one person liking Kay Burley is almost too much for me to take! :o:D

Then I'm afraid you may be about to explode because I like her too.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    I don't have any issue with her either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *runs away*
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come back.
  • human zoohuman zoo Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    petely wrote: »
    I really don't understand the oppobrium that KB attracts on this forum. (Is it a dislike of assertive women? :p )
    I don't watch much Sky News so I have never formed an opinion of her. However as a front for these debates she seemed OK. She obvioulsy has a "style" which some might consider overly familiar - compared to the BBC's rather stuffy "we're the BBC and we're here to enlighten you" approach - but so what? It's just different.
    At one point she did, rather sharply, tell an interviewee to "answer my question". If only more news & current affairs presenters would do that - rather than let politicians use the platform as some free advertising.

I have no problem with her.
    I don't care if she is assertive, thats good. I just don't rate her as a newsreader or a journalist.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    human zoo wrote: »
    I don't care if she is assertive, thats good. I just don't rate her as a newsreader or a journalist.

Seconded
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    human zoo wrote: »
    I don't care if she is assertive, thats good.

Agreed.

My problem with Burley is she's a nasty piece of work. She violently attacked another journalist, she asked Steve Wright's OH if he'd had committed his crimes had they had a better sex life, she broke the news of the April Jones case becoming a murder investigation in the worst way...the list goes on as to why I find her a despicable human being. The worst thing is she never appears to be disciplined for her behaviour and how someone who is so unprofessional at their job keeps getting such high profile work is ludicrous.

She thinks she is a real life Lois Lane but she's just a fame hungry old bitch and there is no low she won't stoop to. I truly loathe her but it has nothing to do with her being assertive or asking hard questions (she doesn't ask hard questions anyway, just ones that no one with a shred of decency or moral compass would even think to ask)
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Agreed.

My problem with Burley is she's a nasty piece of work. She violently attacked another journalist, she asked Steve Wright's OH if he'd had committed his crimes had they had a better sex life, she broke the news of the April Jones case becoming a murder investigation in the worst way...the list goes on as to why I find her a despicable human being. The worst thing is she never appears to be disciplined for her behaviour and how someone who is so unprofessional at their job keeps getting such high profile work is ludicrous.

She thinks she is a real life Lois Lane but she's just a fame hungry old bitch and there is no low she won't stoop to. I truly loathe her but it has nothing to do with her being assertive or asking hard questions (she doesn't ask hard questions anyway, just ones that no one with a shred of decency or moral compass would even think to ask)

This. This is the perfect way to describe her.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Object Z wrote: »
    Kay Burley is great. I like her.
    She is very slick. and professional. She takes no prisoners.

Lets face it you need to have an aggressive style when dealing with untrustworthy slimy, manipulative toe-rag politicians, and members print journos.

There I have said it...and yes, before anyone asks, I would.

Yes, I quite warm to her too..........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    This. This is the perfect way to describe her.

Thanks. :)

If I can be arsed I might just copy and paste it whenever I see someone ask what's so bad about her.
  • dans_t16sdans_t16s Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always liked Kay Burley, and she seems to get better with age. Stunning now :)

Remember her from the early days presenting with Frank Partridge. Around the same time that Chris Mann and Scott Chisholm were presenting. Both pairings ended up with fisticuffs and sackings if I recall correctly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)

If I can be arsed I might just copy and paste it whenever I see someone ask what's so bad about her.

Ok, what's so bad about her then?

By the way, only 13 hours left to post in this weeks KB hatred thread, a new one will be along tomorrow no doubt.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    only 13 hours left to post in this weeks KB hatred thread, a new one will be along tomorrow no doubt.:D

Do people like you, who accuse others of hatred at the drop of a hat, realise you can simply DISLIKE someone? That most of the time being critical is not about hatred at all?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people like you, who accuse others of hatred at the drop of a hat, realise you can simply DISLIKE someone? That most of the time being critical is not about hatred at all?

Read back you post #35, particularly the line "I truly loathe her". Is loathing just a dislike then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Read back you post #35, particularly the line "I truly loathe her". Is loathing just a dislike then?

I think unless a poster actually uses the word hate themselves, to accuse others of hatred is bad form. Also, hyperbole is a thing - keep that in mind too.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure her fans and colleagues would have greatly enjoyed the clip of her on Have I Got News For You tonight, available on BBC iPlayer for those who missed it, well worth a look:D
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I am sure her fans and colleagues would have greatly enjoyed the clip of her on Have I Got News For You tonight, available on BBC iPlayer for those who missed it, well worth a look:D
    :D Classic Burley. :)