Options

Hollyoaks E4 Daily | 02/06/15 | 7:00 - Revelations

Comments

• Options
    DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    I can sort of understand where she's coming from, though that doesn't make it right :( Pete is the only father she's ever known. He's always been loving and affectionate towards her (and most likely had begun grooming her, though she doesn't recognise it as such.) She knows that having him around makes Reenie more stable, and without him Reenie will just get into more and more trouble: crime, drink, drugs, many other scary things that Cleo has witnessed from her. She doesn't want to believe that her "dad", her mother's knight in shining armour, could be so evil. And what he says sounds plausible: Porsche was a flirt, she did dress provocatively, she went out with much older men ... (Of course this never EVER justifies abuse but sadly our society still has a "she must have been asking for it" mentality which a lot of young girls believe, it's no surprise that Cleo does)

Spot on. That's what I think too. Pete made the family 'stable', by providing a father figure and stability for Reenie. Being young, he was a great figure for Cleo, and would be much leads savvy at spotting the signs of his sinister side.

However. Being able to believe Porsche shouldn't be out of the question. Yes, in her eyes he can do no wrong, and Porsche obviously hates Reenie, but seeing how she reacted to seeing Pete, how can she not give her sister's accusations at least one thought? Especially by his 'reassuring hug' at the end.

But what annoyed me the most was Celine and Mercedes. Celine knows Porsche was so desperate to pay off Reenie. So much so, she even was prepared to do a dodgy drug deal in Amsterdam for Trevor. So she knows Porsche couldn't bear for Reenie to turn up. Now Celine questions Porsche's 'motives'? Ridicious. Porsche is a much better mother figure to herself and Cleo than Reenie ever was, even with her flaws.

Now Mercedes. After John-Paul's ordeal she dismisses everything too? I know she clashes with Porsche but her reaction is pathetic.

And then the side lining of Nana and Phoebe (Myra too I guess). At least John-Paul turned up at the end. Keep him away from Ste and Sinead nonsense and make him a central part of this, bringing help and support for Porsche. Otherwise this story is going to crash and burn.

One positive though, Twinnie, Zoe and Kai all can act well. Hopefully they get the chance to work with some decent material.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »
    Oh **** it's Scott >:(

What was Kirkwood think? He's HO's answer to Sean in CS >:(>:( a vile camp gay man
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liking the Reenie/Pete/Porsche storyline, Zoe Lucker is fantastic although her hair reminds me of Pepe Le Peu :p. Kai Owen and Twinnie-Lee Moore are very good also and I think Nadine Mulkerrin is going to be good in this sl as well
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheeeewwwwwyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! :D:D

How are you sweetie!!!

I actually thought the abuse storyline scenes were very good but I was frustrated at the lack of support Porsche had. In real life, with abuse in a family, it's very plausible that someone like Porsche would not be believed. Abusers are very good at manipulating & twisting things.

With JP last year, it was only Diane who refused to believe JP was raped by Finn. I actually think they should have shown more people doubt it when it came out as I heard people online when the storyline was announced say they couldn't believe a schoolboy could overpower a full grown man. This was also JP's fear.

Unfortunately, Nancy was brought into the storyline which I hated & changed things. I wish his rape reveal came out in some other way & that Nancy had been left out of the rape storyline completely.

Hey Madness!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm not too bad. Exhausted but I heard from HB today so my mood has improved massively :D How are you?

The scenes were very well done but it was frustrating though I'm starting to understand why Cleo was the she acted if she and Pete are similar to Whitney and Tony. Mercedes though I don't understand. One minute she was on Porsche's side then she believed Pete? He is clever though but I thought Mercedes was smarter than that.

That's true. I was surprised only she didn't believe him and others didn't either. I remember that too but school kids are surprisingly strong nowadays and when it comes to rape people are in shock and can't react fast enough which is why the rapist overpowers them.

Nancy wasn't needed. In the end it became about her rather than JP. It took away from what happened to him when the storyline was about him in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    What was Kirkwood think? He's HO's answer to Sean in CS >:(>:( a vile camp gay man

Horrific character. I'm sure were meant to find him 'hilarious' and 'witty' but he's just vile, and he's made Sinead unbearable, as well as dragging down Ste and John-Paul. I hope he goes soon, but knowing Kirkwood, I doubt it will happen quickly.
  • Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cleo and Celine are actually unbelievable. It's not just a case of them not believing Porsche, they know what Pete did to her but somehow they are trying to put the blame on Porsche. Accusing her of overreacting, leading him on. Celine even suggested that because Porsche had boyfriends at that age, what Pete did wasn't so bad. Mercedes especially pissed me off. One minute she is completely on Porsche's side, saying that what Pete did was wrong and can't be excused and the next she's saying Porsche should forgive him and let it go.

I felt the same Emma. The sister's think Rennie is better with Pete around, so they've brushed what Porsche told them all under the carpet. They've told themselves it's no big deal & tried to justify it in their minds. I felt very angry at them for not supporting Porsche.
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrific character. I'm sure were meant to find him 'hilarious' and 'witty' but he's just vile, and he's made Sinead unbearable, as well as dragging down Ste and John-Paul. I hope he goes soon, but knowing Kirkwood, I doubt it will happen quickly.

I was a bit baffled as to why they were out drinking coffee, surely they would be grabbing any sleep, shes a new mum and hes bunking work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Hey Madness!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm not too bad. Exhausted but I heard from HB today so my mood has improved massively :D How are you?

The scenes were very well done but it was frustrating though I'm starting to understand why Cleo was the she acted if she and Pete are similar to Whitney and Tony. Mercedes though I don't understand. One minute she was on Porsche's side then she believed Pete? He is clever though but I thought Mercedes was smarter than that.

That's true. I was surprised only she didn't believe him and others didn't either. I remember that too but school kids are surprisingly strong nowadays and when it comes to rape people are in shock and can't react fast enough which is why the rapist overpowers them.

Nancy wasn't needed. In the end it became about her rather than JP. It took away from what happened to him when the storyline was about him in the first place.

YAY, you heard from HB!! That's great sweetie!!! :D

I'm fine sweetie, I love my new laptop. I thought I finished installing most things but I've got an issue with the sound & I've been trying to figure it out. Basically if I stick my headphones in, no sound comes through them as only the loud speakers work. If I change the setting, the headphones work but not the loud speakers. I tried changing the settings for both, but it's still only one or the other!!! :confused:

I don't watch Eastenders, so never saw this Whitney/Tony story you mention. I don't ger Mercedes reaction either!!! I'm still hoping JP sides with Porsche especially since he knows what it's like to be sexually assaulted & the fears of not being believed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Mercedes. After John-Paul's ordeal she dismisses everything too? I know she clashes with Porsche but her reaction is pathetic.

And then the side lining of Nana and Phoebe (Myra too I guess). At least John-Paul turned up at the end. Keep him away from Ste and Sinead nonsense and make him a central part of this, bringing help and support for Porsche. Otherwise this story is going to crash and burn.

One positive though, Twinnie, Zoe and Kai all can act well. Hopefully they get the chance to work with some decent material.

I really hope JP is involved in the abuse storyline & not sidelined. I would find it unbelievable for his character to stay out of it. He's also supposed to be Porsche's favourite cousin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY, you heard from HB!! That's great sweetie!!! :D

I'm fine sweetie, I love my new laptop. I thought I finished installing most things but I've got an issue with the sound & I've been trying to figure it out. Basically if I stick my headphones in, no sound comes through them as only the loud speakers work. If I change the setting, the headphones work but not the loud speakers. I tried changing the settings for both, but it's still only one or the other!!! :confused:

I don't watch Eastenders, so never saw this Whitney/Tony story you mention. I don't ger Mercedes reaction either!!! I'm still hoping JP sides with Porsche especially since he knows what it's like to be sexually assaulted & the fears of not being believed.

We talk every so often so it's nice to still hear from her. Keeps telling me I shouldn't have got her anything for her birthday but I basically told her to stop being daft :p

That's odd. You'd think there would be a setting for both. Besides that though hopefully this laptop gives you less trouble. At least the fight is finally over and you love your laptop so no throwing it out the window :D

Tony basically groomed Whitney from a young age and had her believe he loved her and they were a couple. Being young Whitney didn't know any better until she was older and realised. Tony was with Bianca who is Whitney's stepmum so it's kind of similar to Cleo, Pete and Reenie. I have a feeling JP will never know or if he does all what he went through will be forgotten and he won't believe Porsche either.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I've seen the rest of Oaks now... I am NOT impressed, obviously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Kim blackmail stuff is ridiculous. Surely Dylan knows he can get her struck off for what she is doing. He's a sensible lad
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we had to suffer another episode of McQueen family values tonight. Tales of teasing a man until he can't stand it any more and then plead innocence. Cleo was hardly fighting Pete off there, it can only seem to lead one way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We talk every so often so it's nice to still hear from her. Keeps telling me I shouldn't have got her anything for her birthday but I basically told her to stop being daft :p

That's odd. You'd think there would be a setting for both. Besides that though hopefully this laptop gives you less trouble. At least the fight is finally over and you love your laptop so no throwing it out the window :D

Tony basically groomed Whitney from a young age and had her believe he loved her and they were a couple. Being young Whitney didn't know any better until she was older and realised. Tony was with Bianca who is Whitney's stepmum so it's kind of similar to Cleo, Pete and Reenie. I have a feeling JP will never know or if he does all what he went through will be forgotten and he won't believe Porsche either.

I'm sure HB loved the sequined rubber duck you got her for her birthday!!! Real class!!! ;-)

I tried setting it for both, but still only one or the other worked. There surely must be a way to fix it?

I fear you may be right about JP & he's basically kept out of the storyline. I also think it awful he's to have an affair with Lockie & will end up hurting his favourite cousin even more.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what annoyed me the most was Celine and Mercedes. Celine knows Porsche was so desperate to pay off Reenie. So much so, she even was prepared to do a dodgy drug deal in Amsterdam for Trevor. So she knows Porsche couldn't bear for Reenie to turn up. Now Celine questions Porsche's 'motives'? Ridicious. Porsche is a much better mother figure to herself and Cleo than Reenie ever was, even with her flaws.

I don't think Mercedes understands that Porsche was actually abused. She seems to believe that Pete was a creep, he kissed Porsche, he may have sexually harassed Porsche; but that's just what men do, especially when you're a young girl with a "reputation." For now, Porsche should keep quiet for the sake of Nana and Phoebe. Mercedes will probably respond differently when she gets it that Pete did abuse Porsche (though I hope she'll understand that how she reacted is wrong.)

Celine's reaction is harder to understand although I wonder if she's somehow in denial over what Pete did to her and is mentally blocking it out? (We know she's had an eating disorder; that's a common response to sexual abuse.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »

It was ridiculous but not surprising. I was hoping one person would at least be on her side especially with the way Mercedes was but then the writers decided to change her mind.
    The Kim blackmail stuff is ridiculous. Surely Dylan knows he can get her struck off for what she is doing. He's a sensible lad

That would require the writers to think ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was ridiculous but not surprising. I was hoping one person would at least be on her side especially with the way Mercedes was but then the writers decided to change her mind.

That would require the writers to think ;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

shes making sienna look sane, clearly doesnt want to cross the loonie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure HB loved the sequined rubber duck you got her for her birthday!!! Real class!!! ;-)

I tried setting it for both, but still only one or the other worked. There surely must be a way to fix it?

I fear you may be right about JP & he's basically kept out of the storyline. I also think it awful he's to have an affair with Lockie & will end up hurting his favourite cousin even more.

It was that or a cardboard cut out of myself ;)

You would think so. Hopefully you have some luck and able to get both working.

Ugh! It's bad enough Lockie will be cheating with Mercedes but JP too? After what they all know too. That just makes it worse!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »

I agree, Dylan would never have picked red, black is more his colour, we all know that, you crazy crazy writers

other than that i have seen zero complaints on this board

that said I do spend most of my time talking to hamsters so my views may not be that sane
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madness honey, I have a whole plot I want to write (which is taking the time) I have a scene in my head that I want to get to at the castle, can I split us up, you Wonky, daffy and the hamsters and dwarves go to Giant land (even though I really want it to be normal sized and the name being ironic) to get what ever you were after
    So me Chase and Chewy can save Jack Snuggles and Kol from Frankie

You can write to Giant land, I will do the rescue, so we can both be writing and our stories can meet when it feels natural
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ahh. It all makes sense now. That's where I've been going wrong :D:p
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would Kim have done if someone other than Dylan had moved the camera? It was in a very obvious place!!

Such daft writing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would Kim have done if someone other than Dylan had moved the camera? It was in a very obvious place!!

Such daft writing

or asked why there was a random camera there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madness honey, I have a whole plot I want to write (which is taking the time) I have a scene in my head that I want to get to at the castle, can I split us up, you Wonky, daffy and the hamsters and dwarves go to Giant land (even though I really want it to be normal sized and the name being ironic) to get what ever you were after
    So me Chase and Chewy can save Jack Snuggles and Kol from Frankie

You can write to Giant land, I will do the rescue, so we can both be writing and our stories can meet when it feels natural

I don't mind us splitting & going to the giant land sweetie but the goblet needs finding first which I thought the ancient book would help with. Also you told me previously you wanted to write Daffy having a hissy fit when she's adviced not to go to giant land. Do you not want to do that anymore?

Whatever you want I will go with sweetie!!! ;-)