The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An interesting commission from the TLC channel
    IF KATIE HOPKINS RULED THE WORLD
    Have you ever found yourself agreeing or disagreeing with Katie Hopkins? Would you like the opportunity to be part of the studio audience that has the final say on irreverent rules suggested by Katie and a panel of great guests?
    New primetime entertainment show If Katie Hopkins Ruled The World is recording on Monday 20th July, Friday 24th July, Monday 27th July, Tuesday 28th July, Thursday 20th August and Wednesday 2nd September at BBC Elstree Studios.

Each episode, Katie Hopkins will be joined by well-known celebrities, comedians and high profile experts who each present and argue the case for a rule on everyday life, with a special guest celebrity there to keep the panel and Katie in check. When everyone has had their say, the studio audience makes the final decision, voting to decide whether the rule is passed or thrown out.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a652529/if-katie-hopkins-ruled-the-world-professional-troll-gets-a-tlc-panel-show.html#~phwqMZWe5UbFWi

http://www.sroaudiences.com/ (just scroll down to read the same description as above)

They've commissioned shows in the past with UK celebs, including The Charlotte Crosby Experience. The ratings for that are as follows.
    Episode 1 (29th of April 2014)
    Tuesday 21.00 (presumably the first showing) - 0.12m
    Wednesday 22.00 - 0.08m

Episode 2 (6th of May)
    No data available

Episode 3 (13th of May)
    Tuesday 21.00 - 0.1m
    Any repeat, if there was one, didn't make the TLC Top 10

Episode 4 (20th of May)
    Tuesday 21.00 - 0.14m
    Wednesday 22.01 - 0.06m

Episode 5 (27th of May)
    Tuesday 21.00 - 0.08m
    Any repeat, if there was one, didn't make the TLC Top 10

I think If Katie Hopkins Ruled The World.. would have fitted well on either BBC Three, Channel 5 and C4. I remember last year Channel 5 tried launching Stand By Your Man following Big Brother, which didn't pan out as hoped but perhaps this Katie Hopkins vehicle might have done well in a post Celeb BB slot, towards the latter end of summer (whereas Stand By Your Man had a mid-June launch).
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    ..... I remember last year Channel 5 tried launching Stand By Your Man following Big Brother, which didn't pan out as hoped....

You mean it went down the pan and was flushed away?
  • Options
    Aaron_2015Aaron_2015 Posts: 3,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Hopkins is going to perform well for TLC, her 'Fat and Back' series was TLC's most watched show ever I believe. Hopefully it will also be put on iTunes, because that's how I managed to watch her last series, I had no idea what or where TLC was before her series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Hilarious that one of the posters who mocks anyone new throws his toys out of the pram and flounces.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Hilarious that one of the posters who mocks anyone new throws his toys out of the pram and flounces.

Do you mean a Forum Member who posted ratings information, at his own cost, in a thread about erm ratings ?

Knowing how little we get from DS it was always a blessing to receive a little ratings news rather than waiting for DS to eventually decide to publish something
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Assume this is a dig at me. I wouldn't call myself a "fan" or cheerleader, but whatever.

Why even bother to comment if you are so close-minded about something. Your opinion can never change. Plenty of people feel that way about C5, and many other things in life, which is fine and dandy except it doesn't make for interesting discussion.

Meanwhile, anybody who does want to make constructive comments about the channel's output is basically dismissed as weird and it is made abundantly clear that their contributions are not welcome. It says more about these posters than it does anybody else.

But well done, you and posters like you have successfully driven me out after several years as a DS RT regular.

To be honest, I'd been considering calling it a day for a while. This thread has been so quiet lately and despite my best efforts to stimulate discussion by posting as many numbers as I can, and also in flagging up various news when it drops, I feel if anything it's gotten even quieter, and worse still, it's simply no fun in here any more.

And when you're trying to inject as much positive input as you can and then have to sit and read derogatory and patronising posts in return, simply because I am interested in a wide range of ratings rather than just BBC and ITV, you realise life's too short and my time is being wasted. It's boring feeling as though I have to defend my position all the while - I shouldn't have to, my posts are on topic and I feel have added value for the most part.

So that's it. I'll still maintain an interest in TV ratings and may contribute on the subject in other threads, but that's me done in here.

All the best to the many regulars I've enjoyed interacting with other the years, notably the likes of Score, Fudd, cylon, Roscoe Barnes, NeilVW, Pizzatheaction, Steve Williams, Salv, ronant and many more. I'm sure I'll see you around other parts of DS, and when I return to the RPG next season.

Bye for now.

:)

Yawn....you'll be back.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Don't leave Dancc.

Disappointed another regular has left. This thread has been difficult to follow recently. Too much pouncing on other fms for having different opinions.

Absolutely agree and I said as much yesterday.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sorry to see you go Dancc, you'll be sorely missed on here.

Such a shame that one of our longest standing regulars has been driven out by a small selection of posters who contribute nothing positive whatsoever to the thread. A couple of the rude responses to Dancc this morning just prove it. This thread really isn't what it used to be and if more and more of the regulars do continue to leave it might not be long before I follow them out of the door as this thread really has deteriorated from what it was a few years ago.
  • Options
    SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Very sorry to see you go Dancc, you'll be sorely missed on here.

Such a shame that one of our longest standing regulars has been driven out by a small selection of posters who contribute nothing positive whatsoever to the thread. A couple of the rude responses to Dancc this morning just prove it. This thread really isn't what it used to be and if more and more of the regulars do continue to leave it might not be long before I follow them out of the door as this thread really has deteriorated from what it was a few years ago.

No Score don't go, Just ignore the trolls. You and a few other posters are the only ones that talk sense on this thread. Without you or some of the regulars we wouldn't get any ratings other then the ds ones which don't show the Peeks or anything. You just have to look what this morning with no ratings being posted yet
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Having invested in the Broadcast app, I can post some ratings.

BBC Three
    19:30- Don't Tell The Bride (r): 0.20m (1.2%)
    20:30-23:00 - Women's World Cup: 1.44m (8.5%)
    23:00-23:20 - Women's World Cup: 2.07m (17.1%)
    23:20-23:45 - Women's World Cup: unknown
    23:45-24:05 - Women's World Cup / Family Guy: unknown

Multichannels are never tape-checked, so it's split into the slots which the football and episodes of Family Guy were originally scheduled in.

I think programmes that start after 23:00 are not included on the app, so I have no idea how the third segment of the football did. I believe the match ended around 23:30 from memory? The broadcast itself ended around 23:55 as per BBC schedule website.

The peak will have been very good, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thankfully the main five channels are tape-checked, as these programmes started between four and nine minutes early:

BBC One
    20:45 - Casualty: 3.98m (22.6%)
    21:35 - The John Bishop Show: 2.86m (16.5%)
    22:40 - Not Going Out (r): 1.94m (13.9%)
  • Options
    RPMRPM Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a bit of a lurker here, it's a real shame to see a regular here forced out, especially when he was one of the few that could be relied upon to post actual ratings info
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC Two
    20:35 - Wimbledon 2day: 0.75m (4.3%)
    21:35 - Top Gear (r): 0.88m (5.3%)
    22:50 - Hunt v Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals (r): 0.63m (5.4%)
  • Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Thankfully the main five channels are tape-checked, as these programmes started between four and nine minutes early:

BBC One
    20:45 - Casualty: 3.98m (22.6%)
    21:35 - The John Bishop Show: 2.86m (16.5%)
    22:40 - Not Going Out (r): 1.94m (13.9%)

That is a poor rating for John Bishop, admittedly the weather was very good but even in the height of summer I think BBC1 should be hitting 4m minimum in a peak time weekend slot.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Two
    20:35 - Wimbledon 2day: 0.75m (4.3%)
    21:35 - Top Gear (r): 0.88m (5.3%)
    22:50 - Hunt v Lauda: F1's Greatest Racing Rivals (r): 0.63m (5.4%)

Big drop for Wimbledon2Day but not unexpected, getting a bit of a battering in the Sunday papers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Big drop for Wimbledon2Day but not unexpected, getting a bit of a battering in the Sunday papers.

Perhaps more to do with the live Murray match having just finished, with many viewers needing no recap of that at least.

Speaking of which, the tennis on BBC One started at 17:15 so that's why it's not on my app (which covers programmes starting in their definition of primetime, 19:00 onwards).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 6m6 minutes ago
    A peak audience of 7.1m watched @andy_murray v Andreas Seppi on @BBCOne last night

https://twitter.com/BBCSport
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ITV (exc +1)
    19:00 - FILM: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009): 1.97m exc HD
    * estimated audience inc HD: 2.3m
    * based on average HD component (15%) in last two Potter films (14% and 16%)
    22:15 - Black Work (r): 0.54m exc HD
    * estimated audience inc HD: 0.6m
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    ITV (exc +1)
    19:00 - FILM: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009): 1.97m exc HD
    * estimated audience inc HD: 2.3m
    * based on average HD component (15%) in last two Potter films (14% and 16%)
    22:15 - Black Work (r): 0.54m exc HD
    * estimated audience inc HD: 0.6m

ITV repeating Black Work is getting the audience that it deserves on a Saturday evening. Surely an older episode of Midsomer dragged over from ITV3 would be better, if ITV are so insistent on showing repeats on a summer Saturday or maybe something like Lewis.

Perhaps we need some more of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXMG0CoWUlI

showing my age here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 (inc HD, exc +1)
    19:00 - Walking through History (r): 0.61m (4.0%)
    20:00 - Penelope Keith's Hidden Villages: 0.83m (4.9%)
    21:00 - FILM PREMIERE: GI Joe: Retaliation (2013): 1.02m (6.1%)
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some low ratings all round. HP not doing well in summer showings are they?

BB would be close to a series low IMO. And as will tonight, cash stuff is probably the only potentially entertainment for the last week and a half
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 (inc HD, exc +1)
    19:10 - Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! (r): 0.70m (4.5%)
    20:05 - Benefits: 37 Years on the Dole (r): less than 0.66m
    * outside primetime top 3
    21:00 - Benefits: Life on the Dole (r): 0.65m (3.6%)
    22:00 - Big Brother: 0.90m (5.6%)

Good for a Saturday Big Brother, which goes against the current narrative in this thread. Or would it just be a short-lived interest in the eviction and immediate aftermath?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    That is a poor rating for John Bishop, admittedly the weather was very good but even in the height of summer I think BBC1 should be hitting 4m minimum in a peak time weekend slot.

What just like ITV do !! :D

Seriously though The John Bishop Show just isnt very good and it getting about as expected at that time and pretty similar to Jonathon Ross.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5 (inc HD, exc +1)
    19:10 - Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! (r): 0.70m (4.5%)
    20:05 - Benefits: 37 Years on the Dole (r): less than 0.66m
    * outside primetime top 3
    21:00 - Benefits: Life on the Dole (r): 0.65m (3.6%)
    22:00 - Big Brother: 0.90m (5.6%)

Good for a Saturday Big Brother, which goes against the current narrative in the thread. Or would it just be a short-lived interest in the eviction and immediate aftermath?

Well it still had said hm featuring. If tonight goes sub 1.1m then we know it had quite an effect.

Good nonetheless. With +1 it would be the third Sat in a row to hit 1m.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    Flouncing off Digital Spy is a Big Brother tradition begun by Phil Edgar-Jones (PEJ) who took over Sky Arts last year or Sky Art as it is now. :D
This discussion has been closed.