Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midsomer Murders topped the multi-channels with 1m (5.8%) viewers on ITV3. Beating ITV in after 9.45pm

The repeating of recent drama on ITV is some of the laziest scheduling I have ever seen. They did it last year and that was a mistake, so why do it again? This is why ITV struggle to get going during the start of Autumn. They piss off the audience during Summer. Complete idiots. Have they not had enough low ratings this year?

Harry Potter didn't do too bad - should be about 3m inc+1 and around 18% share. However this film should not be on again at all this year.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed Joanna Lumley's documentary on ITV tonight. This proves to me that ITV can still make good factual and there are some glimmers of hope( like the 6 Nations and some of the drama commissions) for our biggest commercial channel. ITV did very well with this programme and more proof, when they try hard with something decent, they can be as good as the BBC.
    Always willing to support ITV when they do something well and even if the ratings might not be that brilliant, they've tried.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I'm not surprised BBC Two has suffered such a big drop in the last ten years. The more intellectual offerings have been moved to BBC Four and youth programming moved to BBC Three( although I wonder if this will move back to Two when Three closes). Also the end of Sunday Grandstand in 2008 and a reduction in sport on the BBC in the last 10 years must have impacted on BBC Two. It seems to me the channel is stuck in some kind of no man's land at the moment, although some of what they show such as the weekday afternoon comedy repeats, antiques shows, Coast and some of their documentaries are still good.

Not entirely sure why you have singled out BBC2 for that criticism when it applies to most of channels equally. I also thought it was pretty much accepted that BBC2 has had a good last couple of years and has certainly moved up to be one of my favourite channels.
    Its seem to have no identity crisis to me but to be full of very good and well rated programs of many genres including some of the best drama around.
    The repeats came about because of the LF cut.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed Joanna Lumley's documentary on ITV tonight. This proves to me that ITV can still make good factual and there are some glimmers of hope( like the 6 Nations and some of the drama commissions) for our biggest commercial channel. ITV did very well with this programme and more proof, when they try hard with something decent, they can be as good as the BBC.
    Always willing to support ITV when they do something well and even if the ratings might not be that brilliant, they've tried.

Yes it was great, loved it. I could watch Joanna Lumley all day. Sadly I doubt it will even be above 3m, but I hope to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT WILL YOU BE WATCHING TONIGHT

This is a thread which has been going for a short while where you post about whatyou will be watching Between 5pm - 11pm tonight in preferably a list form. What will you be watching can be live tv, Recorded or on demand ( iplayer, Netflix etc) or even a DVD.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=78862621#post78862621

Thank you to everyone who posts in advance :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Though it's a shame they're over-egging the documentary pudding now. It'd be nice to have some balance on the main channel.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    ITV
    21:45 - Black Work (r): 0.46m (2.9%) exc HD & +1
    * approx 0.54m with HD

Harry Potter's HD component was 21% (exc +1).

Quite shocking that ITV have been willing to continue airing Black Work in this slot. They may as well just go straight to the news and then stick another film on afterwards. I mean 500k, come on ITV, that's unbearably low - (even if you have used up all the primetime advert allowance during Harry Potter.) Next week they've got the Boxing in this slot so that should provide some nice demographics, and hopefully a decent total audience size.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Lottery: 3.57m (21.3%)
    Casualty: 3.88m (22.2%)
    The John Bishop Show: 2.72m (16.9%)

22% isn't bad for Casualty share wise and it's funny how even now in the 3millions it keeps its top-dog ratings status during the summer doldrums; but all across the schedule things are becoming so anaemic nowadays with the total audience falling lower and lower as it drifts off to various online streaming services. I can only really see one upcoming show having potential to buck the trend - Great British Bake Off which may even see a small rise year-on-year.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Wright is returning to Match of the Day as a pundit - The Sun

Wimbledon's chief executive expects the club to renew its contract with the BBC in 2017 - The Guardian
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Michelle Osborn ‏@michellosborn 11s11 seconds ago
    Peak audience of 9.2 million watched yesterday's Men's Final on @BBCOne #Wimbledon2015
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Humans get?
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was great, loved it. I could watch Joanna Lumley all day. Sadly I doubt it will even be above 3m, but I hope to be proved wrong.
    Watch ITV's documentary on the 7/7 bombings. Magnificent.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan R wrote: »
    What did Humans get?

2.2m (2.5 inc +1)

BBC1
    Countryfile - 6.2
    Fake/Fortune - 5m
    The Outcast - 4.3m

ITV
    Catchphrase - 2.7m (2.8m)
    Surprise Surprise- 3m (3.2m)
    Lumley/Trans-Siberian - 3.7m(4m)

BBC2
    Dragons Den - 2.2m
    Odyssey - 1m

C5
    BB - 900k (1.1m)
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 1m1 minute ago
    Big day: BBC1 coverage of #WimbledonFinal between @DjokerNole and @rogerfederer avged 7.4m/51.2%. Peaked at 9.2m/54% http://www.overnights.tv

Fantastic average for Wimbledon! Those shares are brilliant.

Note that the average is from 13:50-18:00 (thanks DMN for pointing that out).
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 1m1 minute ago
    Big day: BBC1 coverage of #WimbledonFinal between @DjokerNole and @rogerfederer avged 7.4m/51.2%. Peaked at 9.2m/54% http://www.overnights.tv

Fantastic average for Wimbledon! Those shares are brilliant.

Note - That average is from 13:50 to 18:00.

Still brilliant figures though!
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Higher shares than for Murray's semi - this surprises me. However both finalists have a following in this country and both come across as decent men. Competition would have been poorer than on Friday as well I guess.

Family Guy dipped to 0.83m (5.2%) from 22:20.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic average and share for Wimbledon. Helped a bit by the worse weather. It's peak may have been a couple million down if it was two weeks back possibly.

Brilliant for BBC1 too, not bad for ITV either. Humans still good but 1.1m for BB is a little on the low side. I can see 1.2m for the next 3 nights and a possible 1.4m final (three summers back got 1.5m) so I'm sure it will be the lowest rate final but no surprise as it was the lowest rated launch at 1.8m. In theory it's lost less than I expected.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broadcast report that Saturday's Potter rating with +1 was 3.1m (18.7%).
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    A bit surprised that The Outcast did as well - I thought it looked particularly unappealing from the trailer.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Broadcast report that Saturday's Potter rating with +1 was 3.1m (18.7%).

What does Broadcast say BB on Saturday? Assuming around 0.9m.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to put Trans-Siberian in my planner silly me though lucky its on ITV HD player on the sky box.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    A bit surprised that The Outcast did as well - I thought it looked particularly unappealing from the trailer.

Your right the trailer did not do much for me either, however I did watch it and glad I did. It was very good, a littler dark in places, with self harming, but different and very watch able. Looking forward to the final part next Sunday.
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did agent Carter do?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting article here from The Guardian re audience figures for the Ashes in particular and Sky Sports in general:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jul/12/ashes-sky-england-australia-ecb-tv
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    What does Broadcast say BB on Saturday? Assuming around 0.9m.

Broadcast don't give it. They do give the peak for Serena, and the Transporter numbers (inc +1):

"The action peaked with 4.3m (45.4%) in the five minutes from 3.30pm as Williams wrapped up the convincing win."
    "Transporter: The Series (C5) 8pm-8.55pm
    410,000 (2.4%)

The channel’s latest US import, which aired first on Spike on Friday, gripped an audience down on C5’s 590,000 (2.8%) slot average according to Barb data supplied by overnights.tv.

The previous evening it secured an audience of 172,000 (0.9%) on C5’s sister channel."
This discussion has been closed.