Options

CS: Sarah Harding was appalling!

Comments

• Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't given much of a chance to be honest. People were too quick to slate her after just one episode, which is harsh. It is obvious people do not like Sarah and then decided to jump on her because of this, without actually giving her a chance to prove herself. People decided they did not like her, so did not want to give her a chance.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ultimate responsibility, however, lies with Stuart Blackburn, and he should be the one taking the flack for this fiasco. You can't just hire someone without having them audition.

Did Shayne Ward audition?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Did Shayne Ward audition?

I believe he did.

I am glad she hasn't had her contract extended, there are far too many characters in the show and even they aren't getting enough to do. What would she have done? Be the next woman to have a repetitive feud with Tracy and maybe sleep with Jason Grimshaw. Big deal.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Sarah. I didn't think she was that bad. :(
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't take much notice of her scenes TBH. It was a silly idea to cast her in the first place.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I wanted to like her - thought she'd be able to pull off the vengeful wife routine - but she was wooden, stilted, her movements were forced and pre-thought.
    She does not deserve a contract - people constantly slate Kym Marsh on here but at least I feel at ease watching her - and *shock* I think she's a good actress....not a great one - but a good one
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched those clips and she is overacting a bit. It's not the worst acting I've ever seen though. Given a bit of time would probably settle down.

Sarah is way more attractive than the Barlow woman - so it's hard to believe that the husband would stray with her!
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,640
    Forum Member
    dekaf wrote: »
    :o - I didn't even know it was her :D:D:D
    Me neither.
    All Of Me wrote: »
    I thought she did well. Its quite telling that the negative comments are coming mostly from women sauces of milk for them.
    Shayne will no doubt get targeted by those who want him to fail he could surprise a few people.

Well I'm a woman and I thought she was good, I'm really suprised at all the negativity .
    I'm not going to judge her on half an episode!! Let's at least give her a chance!! I found her more convincing than I find Andrea yet!!
    Quite!

I rather enjoyed her debut, I was imagining all the cat fights between Tracey & Toni, she seemed like a match to me. We will just have to see what she is like in her other 3 episodes, but from what I have seen of her already, I think it's a shame she's leaving/left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how corrie have immediately distanced themselves. They're the ones who hired her ffs >:(
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how corrie have immediately distanced themselves. They're the ones who hired her ffs >:(

think it's due to DS forum members again >:(

in fact I am gonna go as far as saying the daily fail article I read earlier was made up of peoples comments on here and cobbled together to make a story
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    She wasn't given much of a chance to be honest. People were too quick to slate her after just one episode, which is harsh. It is obvious people do not like Sarah and then decided to jump on her because of this, without actually giving her a chance to prove herself. People decided they did not like her, so did not want to give her a chance.

People can come to their own conclusions by watching her for the same amount of (on screen) time as those who thought she was good.

It works both ways.
    Soapfan678 wrote:
    It is obvious people do not like Sarah and then decided to jump on her because of this,

I had never even heard of her, and thought she was dreadful - so that theory is wrong.

Maybe because you obviously like her, you just think she's brilliant at everything regardless. ;-)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the article about her being axed. Since she was only appearing in 4 eps im not sure how it can say axed. Corrie never said she'll return. Yes she wasn't great but some of the criticism is just plain nasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    think it's due to DS forum members again >:(

in fact I am gonna go as far as saying the daily fail article I read earlier was made up of peoples comments on here and cobbled together to make a story

Any producer who bows to the DS fms and I include myself in that :p, should be sacked immediately
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think she was destined to be a long term character but this article confirms she has been axed

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/sarah-harding-axed-coronation-street-6163193
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any producer who bows to the DS fms and I include myself in that :p, should be sacked immediately

What you trying to say sorcha?!!!!

Are you questioning my judgement?

Watch your back, I'm onto you ...

:D:D:D
    :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you trying to say sorcha?!!!!

Are you questioning my judgement?

Watch your back, I'm onto you ...

:p

• Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh she was painful wasn't she.

Corrie needs to abandon any plans for future celebrity guest stars, the gimmick is far beneath the great show Corrie used to be.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,640
    Forum Member
    Well at least she's been noticed.

Has anyone realised that Sarah Platt is back? ;-)
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Sarah. I didn't think she was that bad. :(

No,neither did I. OK,she wasn't brilliant but she didn't deserve the reaction she got. :(

Her first episode wasn't great. The second and third were much better I thought but by then it was too late,people had already decided,"Sarah Harding is terrible."

Her total screen time probably wasn't much more than about six minutes.

I am a big Girls Aloud fan and was hoping Sarah would do well.

But it didn't work out.:(

Sarah's final episode will air on Monday.

Who knows,maybe now that people know she won't be returning there might be a bit less vitriol and a few more positive comments along the lines of,"She was actually not bad tonight."

But I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No worse than Kym Marsh/Lomas/Ryder.....whatever.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mirror at it again with the anti Corrie articles. Sarah wasn't axed it was a trial run of 4 episodes, these newspapers can print any old rubbish and people believe them.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a wise move not to bring her back
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No,neither did I. OK,she wasn't brilliant but she didn't deserve the reaction she got. :(

Her first episode wasn't great. The second and third were much better I thought but by then it was too late,people had already decided,"Sarah Harding is terrible."

Her total screen time probably wasn't much more than about six minutes.

I am a big Girls Aloud fan and was hoping Sarah would do well.

But it didn't work out.:(

Sarah's final episode will air on Monday.

Who knows,maybe now that people know she won't be returning there might be a bit less vitriol and a few more positive comments along the lines of,"She was actually not bad tonight."

But I'm not holding my breath.

So, now we know that Sarah's episodes as Joni will have been on Thursday July 23rd, both episodes on Friday July 24th and one episode on Monday August 3rd.

She has not really been axed just ruled out for reappearance.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ But she isn't worth using again though?
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »

I did not want to give her a chance. This 'celeb' was pushed to the front of the queue for the role of Joni, without even having to audition, depriving some talented actress of a livelihood. Even if it had turned out that she could act, which she can't, I would not want to watch her.
    Shayne Ward, another newcomer with a pop music backgound, auditioned for his part and was chosen fairly..