Coleen Rooney's sister dies aged 14 :(

soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Rosie suffered from Rett syndrome and died in the early hours of this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-20921907

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Aww, no that's awful! Thoughts are with her family. :(
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh bless her.

IIRC, Rosie was adopted. Whatever people think of the Rooneys and their families, the fact that Coleens parents choose to adopt a severely disabled little girl and gave her the best quality of life they could says a lot about them as people.

RIP little Rosie.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I didn't know that Blondie. As you say, testament to their character.

How very sad, hope she is at peace.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of the Rooneys by a long stretch, but this is very sad news. RIP Rosie, thoughts are with the McCoughlin family :(
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad News thoughts are with you Coleen and your Family.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    That is really sad, my thoughts are with the family.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw that's really sad. :(
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very very sad news. :(
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh bless her.

IIRC, Rosie was adopted. Whatever people think of the Rooneys and their families, the fact that Coleens parents choose to adopt a severely disabled little girl and gave her the best quality of life they could says a lot about them as people.

RIP little Rosie.
    It certainly does. RIP.
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    How very sad, poor little love.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad :( I remember seeing a 'Tonight' documentary on ITV some years ago with Coleen visiting hospices - I think she was sponsored by or worked for a charity visiting numerous hospitals/hospices, talking to the children and giving gifts etc.? there was an interview with her and she talked about how she felt she could really relate to parents having to cope with such ill kids because of her sister, she felt she wanted to try and use her (semi? :-/) celebrity status to help other kids and families affected by terminal illnesses etc. I remember thinking it was refreshing to see basically a WAG do something thats not too superficial, she seemed very passionate about it.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    How sad :( I remember seeing a 'Tonight' documentary on ITV some years ago with Coleen visiting hospices - I think she was sponsored by or worked for a charity visiting numerous hospitals/hospices, talking to the children and giving gifts etc.? there was an interview with her and she talked about how she felt she could really relate to parents having to cope with such ill kids because of her sister, she felt she wanted to try and use her (semi? :-/) celebrity status to help other kids and families affected by terminal illnesses etc. I remember thinking it was refreshing to see basically a WAG do something thats not too superficial, she seemed very passionate about it.

I agree. I don't mind Colleen tbh. While we're all happy to criticise celebs when they deserve it, I think we are all happy to give praise when it's due and Colleen certainly deserves praise for using her status to help other families with disabled children.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news, I remember seeing pictures of Colleen taking her to Lourdes once, she seemed to be really good to her and as the poster above says, Colleen seems to be very passionate about helping children with terminal illnesses. RIP, thoughts go out to Colleen and her family
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bless her.

RIP little Rosie.

Agreed. RIP little girl.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that is heartbreaking news, only now I heard. Colleen really seemed to adore Rosie, she must be devastated. Thoughts are with the family.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bless her.

RIP little Rosie.

BX you're so right. RIP Rosie.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news, she was a brave young girl.

My thoughts are with her family.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bless her.

RIP little Rosie.

I never knew that, as you say it speaks volumes about the type of people they are for choosing a girl with so many problems and to give her a decent and proper family life, many wouldn't and no disrespect to those who wouldn't as it will not have been easy.

RIP to Rosie and my thoughts go to her family .
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor little girl. My thoughts go out to her family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its an awful awful illness my nieces daughter has it rsrtuk do a fantastic job of fundraising with a whopping 96% going to research a cure is very near now but again its money my niece was told her daughter would be lucky to see 5/6 she was 12 in november
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Such sad news. Thoughts are with Coleen and her family at this time x
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its an awful awful illness my nieces daughter has it rsrtuk do a fantastic job of fundraising with a whopping 96% going to research a cure is very near now but again its money my niece was told her daughter would be lucky to see 5/6 she was 12 in november

Thats fantastic , whilst of course very sad in the first place, to beat predictions by 6 years is wonderful and I am sure they treasure every day , heres hoping she goes on for a long while yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    such sad news - RIP Rosie, my condolences to Coleen and family
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's so sad:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Thats fantastic , whilst of course very sad in the first place, to beat predictions by 6 years is wonderful and I am sure they treasure every day , heres hoping she goes on for a long while yet.

thankyou she is a wonderful young woman with an enchanting smile her name is robyn she is on a list for spinal surgery now as the scoliosis is so bad she is backbraced 24/7 only off for showering