Options

Why do I have to let them in my home??????

Comments

• Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who has cancelled their TV Licence the TVL letters I received weren't threatening.

I would think having someone equipped with a tazer, CS Spray and iron bar in the home is more threatening than any letter.

Depends how you look at things, threatening me that they are setting a hearing at my local court for doing nothing wrong, seems a bit strong to me, and why are they threatening that because i have not responded to there letters. So if someone can please show me what laws i have broken. Well the police need these things there tools of the trade.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Depends how you look at things, threatening me that they are setting a hearing at my local court for doing nothing wrong, seems a bit strong to me, and why are they threatening that because i have not responded to there letters. So if someone can please show me what laws i have broken. Well the police need these things there tools of the trade.

You have not broken any laws and nor have they.

Any luck with the links showing who wants them to have the powers of the police?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    You have not broken any laws and nor have they.

Any luck with the links showing who wants them to have the powers of the police?

That right no laws broken, please read though the thread and see what powers some people would like to give TVL, The right and power to go into people home,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That right no laws broken, please read though the thread and see what powers some people would like to give TVL, The right and power to go into people home,

I've followed the thread, I've not seen anyone suggest that. I've seen many who don't understand why so much fuss is made but no one who wants to give tvl the powers of the police.
  • Options
    Dan's DadDan's Dad Posts: 9,880
    Forum Member
    ..... please read though the thread and see what powers some people would like to give TVL, The right and power to go into people home,
    But I have read through this thread, more than once!

I can find no-one proposing that 'TVL' should be given 'powers' similar to 'the right and power to go into peoples' homes' beyond the statutory rights already bestowed on 'TVL'.

Perhaps you could take me by the hand and guide me in the direction of those posts;

would you mind?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I am not confused at all, there are alot of people who believe TVL should have the right to come into your home without you having the choice if to let them in or not

Go tell them then, start a blog or something but for goodness sake quit repeating it here as the stock excuse every time a point is brought up..

We all know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So why raise the question which by your own admission will never happen.

The thread has a misleading title it was started by someone who clearly knows what TVL can or cannot do, as the quote they provide from a TVL clearly states the true position.

Looking at other forums I suspect some TVL protestors may be refusing to pay more than just their TV Licence. It can't be coincidence they seem to have so many issues with people communicating with them.

I'm guessing they refuse to allow meter readers in to check how much gas or electricty they use, maybe they use batteries and bottled gas.

Yes I've noticed that and they always seems to be questioning the law side of things, authority/powers, rites, correct procedures etc rather than pay up.

They even go to the extremes of installing CCTV so as not to get caught, of course the old excuse is to combat cold calling, which we all know is very rare nowadays, and how do they know if someone is doing just that if they don't answer the door :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I've noticed that and they always seems to be questioning the law side of things, authority/powers, rites, correct procedures etc rather than pay up.

They even go to the extremes of installing CCTV so as not to get caught, of course the old excuse is to combat cold calling, which we all know is very rare nowadays, and how do they know if someone is doing just that if they don't answer the door :D

Well my council is fitting CCTV in all its homes as a increase to security, and with the 100% agreement with the police as it a very good way of dealing with bogus callers and cold callers. If people dont want to answer the door to stangers that is up to them. People can always make a appointment to see me at a time that suits me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well my council is fitting CCTV in all its homes as a increase to security, and with the 100% agreement with the police as it a very good way of dealing with bogus callers and cold callers. If people dont want to answer the door to stangers that is up to them. People can always make a appointment to see me at a time that suits me

Council, police etc fitted isn't really what we're talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I do now cos the same bloke came back and left another red letter. Do not lie mossy you do believe me you as you have seen the videos.

So I'M mossy now am I?

Tell the clowns that briefed you over at the anti site to make their minds up because so far I'm the third one that's been called it :D

Btw I still don't believe you and never will.
  • Options
    Steve_MiddllingSteve_Middlling Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    So I'M mossy now am I?

Tell the clowns that briefed you over at the anti site to make their minds up because so far I'm the third one that's been called it :D

Btw I still don't believe you and never will.

mossy lord whatever who cares if I type the wrong name still same thing and I do NOT care what you believe so stop trolling my thread and please stay on topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why would anyone pay for something they do not need. If a company is going to administrator the law then they should stick to the correct procedures of doing things.Having cctv does not mean anything to hide, mine records 24/7, I have had police, doctors, council workers, social workers,and the list goes on NOT one has ever objected to being one it, Apart from TVL now that seems strange to me.
  • Options
    Steve_MiddllingSteve_Middlling Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone pay for something they do not need. If a company is going to administrator the law then they should stick to the correct procedures of doing things.Having cctv does not mean anything to hide, mine records 24/7, I have had police, doctors, council workers, social workers,and the list goes on NOT one has ever objected to being one it, Apart from TVL now that seems strange to me.

Beeboids always try to claim if you got cctv you're "hiding"something or "up to something" I have noticed.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey S wrote: »
    and hiding in the house when someone comes to the door.

I don't hide when someone comes to the door.
    Perhaps it would be easier just to pay for a TV Licence and live your lives in the open like other people...

£145-50 pa, just to stop someone knocking at my door :confused:

I'm full of silly tricks like that. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who get stopped for not having a rear light, get outraged, and surprise surprise it escalates to driving while banned, without insurance etc.

Driving with a defective rear light, while banned, and/or without insurance, are offences, whereas not having a TV Licence, when you don't need one, isn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at other forums I suspect some TVL protesters may be refusing to pay more than just their TV Licence.

That's true in my case.

I know it'll come as a shock to you, but I've also refused to pay for a new kitchen, new double glazing, and a land-line telephone service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a problem with TVL statement which says you don't have to let us in

And that problem is, while they print the statement on the TV Licence, they don't print it on the letters they send to the unlicensed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    And that problem is, while they print the statement on the TV Licence, they don't print it on the letters they send to the unlicensed.

When you say problem, I assume you mean observation? There is no legal requirement to put that in the letter.
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beeboids always try to claim if you got cctv you're "hiding"something or "up to something" I have noticed.
    Leave the pathetic name calling over on the resistance forums. Be patheric over there wuth your fellow nutters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mossy lord whatever who cares if I type the wrong name still same thing and I do NOT care what you believe so stop trolling my thread and please stay on topic.

Not believing what you say in your thread isn't off topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    That's true in my case.

I know it'll come as a shock to you, but I've also refused to pay for a new kitchen, new double glazing, and a land-line telephone service.

After having them fitted/installed?
  • Options
    Forum Member

We're not talking of your case (or similar) though are we.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're not talking of your case (or similar) though are we.

I just feel that a company that expects to be let in to people homes, is expecting to much, and i do class it as a invasion of privacy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member

Next door have a valid tv licence and CCTV i have no licence and no CCTV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just feel that a company that expects to be let in to people homes, is expecting to much, and i do class it as a invasion of privacy

Yes we know that but not all feel the same about it as you, and as has been said many a time here, you don't have to let them or anybody else in so no privacy invaded.