Nasty pack mentality - uncomfortable..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching last night. Being honest the fact that Hazel was shown in the morning bitching about Charlie to Sophie, meant it was already on the cards. Charlies pal just tipped that over the edge.

Hazel appears to get angry when things are brought up from 'weeks' ago.

Not a Charlie fan, but was not comfortable watching them all 'gleefully' back Hazel up as Charlie was in tears!

Comments

• psy7chpsy7ch Posts: 10,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were all on edge hearing uncomfortable things from F&F and they took the easy way out divert and project it on to a scapegoat in Charlie (Sam and Dexter excluded). One of the low points of the series for quite a few of these HMs
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did not all gleefully back Hazel at all.

Gina was asking Charlie questions politely not one point did she shout at Charlie, she just said she didn't understand.

After speaking to Hazel, Gina realised that Charlie made sure they weren't friends and tried to question Charlie on this but she was too upset after Hazel's rant and walked out.

The vast majority of housemates stayed out of it completely.m
    There was no pack, it was one girl trying to have a grown up discussion, one girl having a bit of a rant, a couple of snipes from the twins and one girl blubbering as if she was being relentlessly bullied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »

Gina was asking Charlie questions politely not one point did she shout at Charlie, she just said she didn't understand.

After speaking to Hazel, Gina realised that Charlie made sure they weren't friends and tried to question Charlie on this but she was too upset after Hazel's rant and walked out.

There was no pack, it was one girl trying to have a grown up discussion, one girl having a bit of a rant, a couple of snipes from the twins and one girl blubbering as if she was being relentlessly bullied.

I thought the LF told a somewhat different story IMO.....
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the fuller version someone posted on here yesterday, and found it very uncomfortable. I am a firm Gina supporter but found her OTT too. I think they should have confronted their issues separately but Hazel was having none of it and wouldn't let Charlie speak.

I don't know why any HM is being blamed really. Family said these things and BB threw the cat amongst the pigeons. What did anyone expect? This is Big Brother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well that's a different perspective? Did you miss the bit when they were all sitting at the bench bitching about her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's a pack mentality and unfair. A bit like what Hazel has been subjected to by the public quite recently....
  • BBfan2013BBfan2013 Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    bambii wrote: »
    Just watching last night. Being honest the fact that Hazel was shown in the morning bitching about Charlie to Sophie, meant it was already on the cards. Charlies pal just tipped that over the edge.

Not a Charlie fan, but was not comfortable watching them all 'gleefully' back Hazel up as Charlie was in tears!

wrote a poem on this - but she done herself proud. hazel and ginia will suffer as the public saw this.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's a different perspective? Did you miss the bit when they were all sitting at the bench bitching about her?

I think HMs have done that all series and every series. Think back to BB1 that was how the Nasty Nick thing happened. Hazel was ranting having a cigarette and whilst hearing things Gina who had her own suspicions anyway and having just heard her bf nom began to put pieces of the puzzle together.

It's not like they all went out to hatch a plan about Charlie, they'd gone out for cigarettes and that's where the discussion went.

They were sharing stories and working out the fact that Charlie has played divide and conquer.

If they had then walked in and ranted at her as a group I'd agree it was pack mentality and cruel, but when Hazel was ranting Gina stepped right back so she wasn't being ganged up on and then said "when you're ready I'd like to talk!"
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All of the real bitching and the lost look on Charlies face seeing Hazel and Gina hugging were left out in favour of Gina. I don't think they want her fans to see Gina and Hazel united and taking sides against Charlie. The bias editing was so blatantly obvious.
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes very nasty, but they did it to Callum as well, but didn't hear all this moaning then.
  • AmyJamesAmyJames Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG how dramatic.

Fickle public always falling for crocodile tears!

Yeah yeah yeah.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inside the house it's not nice. But pack mentality outside of the house isn't nice either (from media and public) and it's even more people as well. The public can be as ott in their reactions too sometimes. We, even just as viewers, can be as overly bitchy and unfair to the hms as they are to each other (without having even known them in a real life situation). Some views can be as harsh or as nasty of the hms as the hms themselves, but some viewers think their venting is more acceptable because they are just the innocent viewing public who can get away with bile because no one knows who they are and they feel safe in the knowledge that the hm they're targeting their bile too will never know who they are either. Some of the name calling on public forums is bullying on viewers part (and I mean real bullying). And some people use such horrible descriptions that go way beyond what we've seen of a hms behaviour. Because we're looking in, we think we are more objective and justified in our opinions, but some people aren't because they seem to have no perspective whatsoever (i wonder how they survive in real life when they seem to think all of the worst atrocities in the world have occurred in the house with certain hms. It's laughable, but utterly tragic too. There are very few hms that when you transfer them back into real life are anywhere near or as bad as some viewers make them out to be. We forget as non BB people that we make the same mistakes outside of the house as they in there do, because some mistakes are general life mistakes, not just BB mistakes. But in there we look at them as BB people, so they can't get away with what we would normally. So we are the same as them, yet think we are better because we are watching them or have forgot that we once said the same thing or reacted in the same way in real life). When some viewer calls a hm a disgusting so and so, then reels off a load of bile about them which, imo, is beyond a reasonable level fair dissection (of their actions or verbal use in the perspective of the environment) i think that viewer needs to look at themselves when they are spouting some of this stuff. Glass houses and stones.
  • julesukjulesuk Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    As boring as people say he is this is why Sam should win, I dont want to listen to all this argumentative she said he said crap, the bunch of housemates this year seem to be unable to have homemade FUN they dont amuse themselves have any kind of 'normal' conversation, they have a pool in the garden how often do we see them in there having a laugh, Sam may come across as boring because we hardly see him on highlight show but the mere fact that he doesnt contribute to this spew on everynight makes him a worthy winner in my eyes.............Please next year no contestants with managers or pr companies no glamour models strip it right back please lets have some ordinary folk who are willing to go in the house and have a blast
  • HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    delly wrote: »
    I watched the fuller version someone posted on here yesterday, and found it very uncomfortable. I am a firm Gina supporter but found her OTT too. I think they should have confronted their issues separately but Hazel was having none of it and wouldn't let Charlie speak.

I don't know why any HM is being blamed really. Family said these things and BB threw the cat amongst the pigeons. What did anyone expect? This is Big Brother.

Other people watched the longer version too and I stand by my post previously that some people over exaggerrated the whole thing especially to put Gina in a bad light and some with Hazel.Even editted it more or less showed what really took place.No one was OTT,bullying or gang pack mentality.

Hazel was livid that she was targetted by Charlies friend referring to her behaviour with Daley rightly so in my opinion.It was uncalled for and rude.She should have called Hazel up for some of her talking behind Charlies back rather than go on about her with Daley.

I am sure we would have reacted in the same way and forgot what we are really angry for.Charlie didn't help by smiling and seeing nothing wrong in what her friend did.Hazel knew Charlie had been off with her before then so obviously Hazel was suspicious.

Funnily enough I noticed that Charlie has been falling out with people regularly but makes up with them quickly said by Dexter which has hardly been shown so no one really knows the real Charlie at all.Only the nice face Charlie BB wants to show us.
  • HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    Potkettle wrote: »
    All of the real bitching and the lost look on Charlies face seeing Hazel and Gina hugging were left out in favour of Gina. I don't think they want her fans to see Gina and Hazel united and taking sides against Charlie. The bias editing was so blatantly obvious.

It was not left out in favour of Gina! Most of what took place was shown.People just can't get over that the exaggerrated version posted by so many on here didn't happen.Gina hugged Hazel because she realised that there was alot of pot stirring going on which helped to keep them apart and disliking eachother.

I thought it was nice for her to ask Hazel if she could give her a hug even though she knew they would probably never be friends in the house now.And it was nice that Hazel accepted it even though she was angry and upset.Giving someone a hug doesn't mean you want to be their best pal it just means you can be the better person and not carry on the grudge knowing someone might have delibrately caused it.

The lost look on Charlies face could just be jealousy and upset that they are hugging and she has been found out.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    julesuk wrote: »
    As boring as people say he is this is why Sam should win, I dont want to listen to all this argumentative she said he said crap, the bunch of housemates this year seem to be unable to have homemade FUN they dont amuse themselves have any kind of 'normal' conversation, they have a pool in the garden how often do we see them in there having a laugh, Sam may come across as boring because we hardly see him on highlight show but the mere fact that he doesnt contribute to this spew on everynight makes him a worthy winner in my eyes.............Please next year no contestants with managers or pr companies no glamour models strip it right back please lets have some ordinary folk who are willing to go in the house and have a blast

I say often about the lack of fun and entertainment from the house mates themselves. I put it down to the ridiculous amount of interference from BB. The amount of god awful ( some of them ) tasks they do daily.:yawn:

I think the house mates assume they are entertaining us with this daily drivel so don't bother trying naturally, they are not entertaining me. Then there's the constant treats for perhaps tidying up!! Again, no incentive.

The total lack of 'using their own initiative' is very plain to see. They hang around milling over the latest interference from BB about he said, she said, and wait for BB to make them entertain us with yet another task.:yawn::(
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

I agree about the choice of contestants, we just want every day folk but if there were 12 Sams in there, there would be no show.

We have to have the odd argument because that is how it is in real life. Noone gets on 100% of the time, I even disagree with my friends and vice-versa, that's just life. Mind you, I don't talk to them like Hazel does:eek:
  • JuceeJucee Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night was uncomfortable to watch, I did find it a bit pack mentality. It was like despite the fact they have spent 24/7 with Charlie, a couple of negative comments from the outside and they all jumped on her, fot things which they are all guilty of themselves and some just straight out lies. I wasn't particularly a Charlie fan before, found her a bit too deep and troubled, but I would never put her down as sly or manipulating
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed.
    This is I think why Sam might win, keeping his head while all around are losing theirs.
  • pepipoppepipop Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't worry about it, it's all change now they're all bitching about Hazel and ostracising her, saying she's devious, nast, a liar and gameplayer, etc... I suppose they all woke up and remembered Hazel got more boos and more noms., hence it would look better to the public to stick by Charlie, covering their own backs. :rolleyes:
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a pack mentality last night IMO.

I watched the live feed and Gina got a favourable edit IMO. It missed a chunk of her stirring, when she laughed when Charlie was crying and also hugged Hazel, saying that she liked her now.

Hazel was the worst and leader though, no arguments there.

She even fabricated the Dexter/Callum task thingy and spread poison in peoples ears....

... all because Charlie's mate alluded to her as a homewrecker.

Lets be honest, that's what it was really about.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, it started to remind me of last year's series. The twins, as usual, stuck their nasty oar in and started to criticise Charlie. Gina was revelling in criticising Charlie, which didn't surprise me at all. She loves hearing an argument. Hazel behaved like a nasty bitch last night.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Agreed.
    This is I think why Sam might win, keeping his head while all around are losing theirs.

Dexter didn't join in either :)
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member

I completely disagree. If everyone had stayed out of it they would have approached Charlie individually once things had calmed down. Admittedly Gina showed some empathy towards Charlie but the general reaction from the majority of the house was anger/dismay or whatever against one person and gathering to all talk about that person very visibly is pack mentality.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »

... all because Charlie's mate alluded to her as a homewrecker.

Lets be honest, that's what it was really about.

Spot on!