Options

War On The Dancefloor (Series 3) - Show Two

DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
Forum Member
A very good evening to you, there, and welcome to the second live show of War On The Dancefloor. :)

Tonight, our eleven couples will be performing their second routine of the series, taking on either a Jive, a Tango or a Viennese Waltz to a guilty pleasure song of their choice for our judges to score, before you, the audience, will be given the opportunity to vote to keep your favourites out of danger from our first elimination of the competition tomorrow night. So, are you ready? ;-)

Without further ado, please welcome the stars of our show:

Amy (TheAuburnEnigma) & Aljaz
Andrew (dennisboy) & Karen
Guapacha (Guapacha2007) & Ola
Izzie (IzzieStar) & Kevin
Jas (king yrcanos) & Janette
Jess (I've Got Class) & Trent
Karina (all.that.jazz) & Pasha
Myk (ChickenFromKiev) & Iveta
Queenie (dancing.queen) & Brendan
Ross (Monsieur23) & Aliona
Ross (rosco2010) & Kristina

And, of course, let's not forget to welcome our judges for the series:

Callum (doctorwhofancal)
Nick (winter99)
Stuart (Stuart25)

Opening the round with their Jive are Amy & Aljaz! :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Amy & Aljaz dance a Jive to Doctor Jones by Aqua (www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jPUB7gRyg) (from the 0:28 mark).

Callum: 6
    Nick: 5
    Stuart: 6

Fairly balanced marks all-round from our judges there, as two marks of six and a five from Nick mean Amy has matched her previous score, with a total of 17!

Callum's Comment: I must admit, this song is a little guilty pleasure of mine. Overall, the choice worked well, but I felt it was a tad safe.

Dancing the first Tango of the series next tonight are Karina & Pasha! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karina & Pasha dance a Tango to Toxic from Glee (www.youtube.com/watch?v=D34b6TETI9Y).

Callum: 5
    Nick: 6
    Stuart: 4

A four from Stuart proves he’s not easily pleased, while slightly higher scores from his colleagues give Karina a two-point increase on last week, and a total of 15!

Nick's Comment: Whilst Toxic might not be the most original song choice, I haven't seen the Glee version used before. The song itself had a lovely range in tempo, and really had some punch and sharp moments. Well done. :)

Next on the agenda is a Viennese Waltz brought to you by Ross & Aliona! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ross & Aliona dance a Viennese Waltz to Runaway by The Corrs (www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5eP5OZiPME).

I thought getting blood from stone would be easier than our panel agreeing with each other, but alas not. :p Still, Ross picks up a trio of sixes and a more-than adequate total of 18!

Nick's Comment: I found this to be an enjoyable Viennese Waltz. Although maybe not a guilty pleasure, it had a lovely rhythm none the less, and some nice moments for spins, too.

Bringing us a Jive next tonight are Guapacha & Ola! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guapacha & Ola dance a Jive to The Wombling Twist by The Wombles (www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GB1cPSnYD0).

Callum: 4
    Stuart: 5

Not quite as positive a reception there, as a four from a slightly grouchy Callum are added to a pair of fives from the other judges to give Guapacha a total of 14!

Stuart's Comment: I like how you chose a less generic guilty pleasure song, and I do think it works as a Jive, but it's not as iconic as some of the other choices.

Hoping to impress the judges next, with their Tango, are Queenie & Brendan! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Queenie & Brendan dance a Tango to Holding Out For A Hero by Bonnie Tyler (www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY).

Callum: 3
    Nick: 4
    Stuart: 8

Stuart flouncing his first eight of the series, making a shockingly large gulf between him and his fellow panelists scores – in the end, Queenie finishes with a total of 15!

Stuart's Comment: I think you got this right. This is a guilty pleasure - it's well known, it fits the Tango perfectly and is worthy of my highest mark of the round.

Performing our third Jive of the evening now are Jas & Janette! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jas & Janette dance a Jive to You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon (www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-gYOrU8bA).

Stuart: 2

Callum and Nick enjoying that performance, while Stuart thinking otherwise with a surprisingly harsh mark of two, which unfortunately knocks Jas down to a total of 12!

Callum's Comment: I'm unsure on what I think of this, to be honest – for some reason, I didn’t think it fit the theme too well.

Hoping that they can improve on that, with a Viennese Waltz, are Izzie & Kevin! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Izzie & Kevin dance a Viennese Waltz to Owain Glyndŵr Song from Horrible Histories (www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Q61enwshs) (ignore the 1:18-1:45 section).

Callum: 7
    Stuart: 7

A slightly unusual song there, but one that the panel love, as a six from Nick and two sevens from Callum and Stuart mean Izzie’s efforts are rewarded with a total of 20!

Callum's Comment: For me, this was the performance of the round. Not only does it suit a Viennese Waltz, but is also a guilty pleasure, so well done.

Our eighth routine of the round is a Jive courtesy of Jess & Trent! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jess & Trent dance a Jive to Zero To Hero from Hercules (www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuRYqzWG1lA).

Nick: 7

Another pleasing set of scores there, with a seven from a generous Nick standing out in particular, and helping Jess up two marks on the last round to a total of 18!

Nick's Comment: Woo hoo! A very fun Jive, and definitely a guilty pleasure! It was lively, bouncy, and the song had a great vibe to it.

Performing our final Tango of the round next are Andrew & Karen! :)
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nervous :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrew & Karen dance a Tango to I Like It Rough by Lady GaGa (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM99zSWVQVc).

Despite a decent mark from Nick, a pair of fours from Callum and Stuart dampen the mood somewhat, and result in Andrew finishing the round with a total of 13!

Callum's Comment: I don't really know how this is a guilty pleasure, which is why I’ve given it a low score.

Our penultimate dance is a Viennese Waltz, danced by none other than Myk & Iveta! :)
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    An improvement of 7 points from week 1 to week 2, and having the judges agree? :o I may faint. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Andrew & Karen dance a Tango to I Like It Rough by Lady GaGa (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM99zSWVQVc).

Despite a decent mark from Nick, a pair of fours from Callum and Stuart dampen the mood somewhat, and result in Andrew finishing the round with a total of 13!

Callum's Comment: I don't really know how this is a guilty pleasure, which is why I’ve given it a low score.

Our penultimate dance is a Viennese Waltz, danced by none other than Myk & Iveta! :)

I get teased rotten by my friends for liking Lady Gaga. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Myk & Iveta dance a Viennese Waltz to Fallin' by Alicia Keys (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urdlvw0SSEc).

Stuart: 5

Some pretty solid marks on the whole there, with two sixes from Callum and Nick and a five from our resident meanie (sometimes :p) giving Myk a total for the round of 17!

Stuart's Comment: I think you've done well to pick a well-known song in correct Waltz time, but I still think this choice could have been more iconic.

And bringing our... eventful show to a close with their Jive are Ross & Kristina! :)
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    I get teased rotten by my friends for liking Lady Gaga. :D

I know just how you feel :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ross & Kristina dance a Jive to Mickey by Toni Basil (www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-Zrg9CB_Q).

Callum clearly not a fan of cheesy one-hit-wonders, it seems. ;-) Still, it's mostly good news for Ross, as two sevens from Nick and Stuart give him a nine-point boost on last week, and a total of 18!

Nick's Comment: The song choice had a good Jive beat, and it was certainly a guilty pleasure, so well done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Ross & Kristina dance a Jive to Mickey by Toni Basil (www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-Zrg9CB_Q).

Callum clearly not a fan of cheesy one-hit-wonders, it seems. ;-) Still, it's mostly good news for Ross, as two sevens from Nick and Stuart give it a nine-point boost on last week, and a total of 18!

Nick's Comment: The song choice had a good Jive beat, and it was certainly a guilty pleasure, so well done.

Anyone who discounted the Rosses after week 1 is in for a surprise... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1st - Izzie & Kevin - 20
    =2nd - Jess & Trent - 18
    =2nd - Ross & Aliona - 18
    =2nd - Ross & Kristina - 18
    =5th - Amy & Aljaz - 17
    =5th - Myk & Iveta - 17
    =7th - Karina & Pasha - 15
    =7th - Queenie & Brendan - 15
    9th - Guapacha & Ola - 14
    10th - Andrew & Karen - 13
    11th - Jas & Janette - 12

A much closer round on the whole than last week's, with the two lowest-scorers from the previous round now in the top half of the leaderboard. ;-) However, it could be about to get a whole lot closer, as...

THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN! :)

Please rank the couples from 11 (your favourite) to 1 (your least favourite) and PM these to me by 8:00pm tomorrow, when the lines will close and the two couples with the lowest overall total of public votes from the last two rounds will face each other in the bottom-two, where the judges will decide who will become the first casualty of the ballroom. :(

Thank you very much for watching, and remember: keep dancing. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second from bottom; I am scared :o Good luck to everyone else, I think overall this has been a much stronger round than the last one. Everyone (except for me, it seems) has raised their game. I would've liked to have improved on my score last week but 13 (unlucky number :o) isn't too shoddy at all.
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a judging perspective, this was a so so round. I felt that sometimes the 'Guilty Pleasures' theme lacked however sometimes (genuinely people upper the leader board) proved they'd gone that extra mile for this round. Some however impressive performances there!
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was very worried when I saw Jamie's comments about mixed reactions from judges, so I'm absolutely made up with that! :)

Good luck to everybody. Just about to vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's still exactly one hour left to vote. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eeek! :o Good luck everyone, may not be here for the results. :D
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Just seen this, very happy with my score given my rather obvious choice.

Good luck everyone! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    THE LINES ARE NOW CLOSED! :o

Please do not try to vote as it will not be counted. ;-)

Results will follow very shortly, so (in the words of Tilly from Miranda), bear with...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ... and back. :p

Over the last two rounds, our eleven couples have taken to the dancefloor twice, with two very different performances for you, the public. Your votes from these two shows have been added together, and I can now reveal which two couples have found themselves in danger and will have to face the judges tonight. ;-)

So, in no particular order, the first couple who will be returning to the dancefloor are...