Options

EastEnders - Kathy Beale returns (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does people actually think she is returning? I hope she is... but I doubt it :( don't wanna get me hopes up for nothing.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I thought Gillian Taylforth had agreed to do guest appearances every few months for Hollyoaks - and that she quit to spend time with her family?

Or she quit because she realised that Hollyoaks was pile of nonsensical and being with her family was an excuse so she could make an appearance on a better soap.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is, did Kate Harwood (who was EP at the time of her reported death) intend Kathy to be actually killed off, so DTC just retconned her idea? Or was it a way to leave the door open for a return, as she never died onscreen?
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Where is this crackpot nonsense coming from ???
    This is not Hollyoaks

Not sure but if it was true then It would be completely ridiculous. And people thought den's return was a mistake.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Or she quit because she realised that Hollyoaks was pile of nonsensical and being with her family was an excuse so she could make an appearance on a better soap.

So she might be joining Emmerdale then :D:D
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Kathy is not returning. Don't know where this is coming from.

Of course she isn't . DTC isn't that stupid.
    There is no realistic reason I have ever heard. Adam Woodyatt said it wasn't realistic too. It would take away from the reveal. And moreover they wouldn't have done the recent ghosts of Walford if she was coming back with her in it.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she isn't . DTC isn't that stupid.
    There is no realistic reason I have ever heard. Adam Woodyatt said it wasn't realistic too. It would take away from the reveal. And moreover they wouldn't have done the recent ghosts of Walford if she was coming back with her in it.

Hasn't he said before that has much as he'd like to bring her back its just not gonna happen? Could be wrong.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »

As long as you're earing money do you really care about the quality of the show? Even if she did quit to do EastEnders just because it was better and more high profile - why would she leave Hollyoaks in July and not begin EastEnders until February the following year?
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Thing is, did Kate Harwood (who was EP at the time of her reported death) intend Kathy to be actually killed off, so DTC just retconned her idea? Or was it a way to leave the door open for a return, as she never died onscreen?

Through the years the show has been rife with incompetent decisions by writers who should still be using crayons. I'm sure each producer has many annoyances at unrectifyable things which have happened in the past when they were not at the healm.

I do think there may possibly be a plausable way to bring Kathy back. However, I just don't think EastEnders would go there.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    If DTC is able to undo past mistakes by bringing back original character Kathy Beale/Mitchell to our screen he will go down as one of the best producers EE has ever had.

It would also show that he has a pair unlike Santer and Birkwood who decided not to bring her back somehow.

There is an interview I have from Santer which he gave to Inside Soap and he claims they came up with a plausible storyline to bring Kathy back but after Den returned from the dead he thought it would be too similar to repeat it.

Maybe DTC has got more balls! he was there with Santer so probably came up with the storyline also.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Where is this crackpot nonsense coming from ???
    This is not Hollyoaks

I find the best thing to do with all the bring back Kathy and Pat posts is to laugh at them - I can't take them seriously at all :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    This returnee to the wedding... Could that not be Martin?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hoping Kathy is returning but i'm not gonna get that excited incase it doesn't happen. I'm gonna remain only slightly positive.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    "Oh Ben dear, there you are. You know the way your life has been a complete disaster for the last 10 years, well that needn't have happened because I was alive the whole time. Isn't that funny? Now what's for the dinner?"
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam_Haley wrote: »
    This returnee to the wedding... Could that not be Martin?

He is already there
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Gillian Taylforth had agreed to do guest appearances every few months for Hollyoaks - and that she quit to spend time with her family?

Yes her family the BEALES!

I'm kidding (sort of) but it would be one hell of a shocker!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Oh Ben dear, there you are. You know the way your life has been a complete disaster for the last 10 years, well that needn't have happened because I was alive the whole time. Isn't that funny? Now what's for the dinner?"

I wonder if Ben already knows.

Could this explain his actions on Good Friday? Lucy found something out about Ben which he didn't want her to tell Ian about. Jay pretty much confirmed this.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always stated in the past Kathy Beale can not return, she is dead. However over the past week after reading the spoilers what I have read and then after what I have seen in this evenings episode have made me think OMG are they??? Would they??? Could they??? Should they???

Billy referred what ever the secret is is dead and buried
    Peggy asked Phil if he was sure, what would Sharon think and that it was in his past
    Phil had to tell Ian whatever he seemed to have discovered
    Sharon next week feels as though she isn't part of the family
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    He is already there

Yeah but isn't that the first time he's come back since before xmas? And Sonia was not happy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I have always stated in the past Kathy Beale can not return, she is dead. However over the past week after reading the spoilers what I have read and then after what I have seen in this evenings episode have made me think OMG are they??? Would they??? Could they??? Should they???

Billy referred what ever the secret is is dead and buried
    Peggy asked Phil if he was sure, what would Sharon think and that it was in his past
    Phil had to tell Ian whatever he seemed to have discovered
    Sharon next week feels as though she isn't part of the family

Makes sense!!!! Omg please let it be Kathy, at least she would partly fill the Pat and Pauline gaped hole.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Remember Ben told Phil the "full story" of what happened that night and we didn't see it. I don't think Ben killed Lucy but I think its a major clue. And he was getting a passport out. Its nothing to do with Zombie Kathy.
    This is something to do with Ben and what happened.
  • Options
    mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Ben already knows.

Could this explain his actions on Good Friday? Lucy found something out about Ben which he didn't want her to tell Ian about. Jay pretty much confirmed this.
    I really hope you're not all building yourselves up for a massive letdown here.

I love these theories about Kathy, but it's probably something much more mundane.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I find the best thing to do with all the bring back Kathy and Pat posts is to laugh at them - I can't take them seriously at all :D:D

Everyone knows that Pat, Den, Danielle to name a few CANNOT return as we saw them die on-screen.

The things the way I see it:

1) Gillian Taylforth is no longer with Hollyoaks. Her last episode was 15th January.
    2) Gillian has on more than one occasion expressed her strong desire to return.
    3) Even Gillian herself does not believe Kathy is really dead.
    4) The "death" of Kathy in 2006 was suspicious. When Ian went over to "bury" Kathy a mere few days after the accident he found that her body was already "buried" before he arrived.
    5) DTC was involved with Santer's plan to revive Kathy.
    6) Hints tonight by Sharon and Ian about being "orphans".
    7) Phil has something to tell Ian that is likely unconnected with the murder of Lucy.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I thought NO until tonight.

Phil saying to Ian ''I need to talk to you'' and then we never went back to that scene again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandead88 wrote: »
    I really hope you're not all building yourselves up for a massive letdown here.

I love these theories about Kathy, but it's probably something much more mundane.

Probably but its still fun! :p

I just keep coming back to Adam saying his next big storyline is a risk and he hoped the show would pull it off.

What could that be if its not Kathy?