Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Big bad Chesney was everywhere tonight to be fair. The speed he moves between street and hospital, tears and tantrums, is surely enough to drive fear into the heart of anyone!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Any old rubbish written to get rid of little Joseph. What father would willingly send him off to another country at such an impressionable young age, especially Chesney. The volte face in his attitude was a gigantic SOR tonight. Since when do people decide to make a new life in another country at the merest drop of a hat and then clear off almost instantly. The lack of imagination in the scriptwriting team is shocking.

Don't get me started on the Gail nonsense. Her choice to get involved like that and she can blame nobody but herself for being so pathetic in playing along with fraud Gavin. The fact that she has done so is yet another big SOR.

As lovely as Portugal is, it was bizarre how they all kept going on about it like it was the land of dreams and opportunity. It seemed as if Corrie was suddenly back in the wartime years where people would flee to a neutral country for a better life.
    I mean Manchester can't be that bad:blush:
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    As lovely as Portugal is, it was bizarre how they all kept going on about it like it was the land of dreams and opportunity. It seemed as if Corrie was suddenly back in the wartime years where people would flee to a neutral country for a better life.
    I mean Manchester can't be that bad:blush:

The warehouse of a large supermarket in the Manchester area has lots of workers who have come from Portugal, which they used as a stepping stone to get from the former Portuguese colonies in the Far East, Timor especially. to get into England on their shiny new Portuguese passports.

For them at least Manchester seems better than Portugal, although on a cold wet morning like today I am not so sure.

But as the song goes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFkJuvvFrE8
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,464
    Forum Member
    Was there any follow-up to the 'FakeGavin' fake mugging? I can't remember.
  • Options
    Susan_TowersSusan_Towers Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Real Gavin is dead, so it doesn't really matter, but.....I can't believe that a thirty something (I am guessing his age range) would be able to financially maintain a flat and a car, and yet disappear off to Thailand for extended periods for a bit of bar work. Was fake Gavin staying there rent free in return for looking after the flat? I wouldn't have thought his curent bistro work would be enough to pay todays sky high housing costs.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Real Gavin is dead, so it doesn't really matter, but.....I can't believe that a thirty something (I am guessing his age range) would be able to financially maintain a flat and a car, and yet disappear off to Thailand for extended periods for a bit of bar work. Was fake Gavin staying there rent free in return for looking after the flat? I wouldn't have thought his curent bistro work would be enough to pay todays sky high housing costs.
    Coronation Street should be renamed Fairyland Street where everyone has a roof over their heads, earns enough money to be able to eat out, drink in the bistro or pub, be well clothed, never be out of work and have all they need within walking distance other than the hospital, which must still be close, and which cures most ills overnight in a private room.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All ludicrous.
    dd68 wrote: »
    Didn't she go to France?
    Yes, to stay with Gloria, I think.
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I rarely watch corrie these days but last night's was a brammer. Honestly thought I'd tuned into Hollyoaks. It is truly appalling. Why is everyone gay?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    LOL!

And Sean and Billy. Who actually gives a ....?!

I'm worried about Tony. What's he going to do with the house he bought for Jason and Eva now that she has buggered off to NY?

This. Why is Sean acting like a silly little boy who has never been in a relationship before? Every time he is paired up with someone he reverts to acting like a 12 year old boy who has a crush >:(
  • Options
    caroilcaroil Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Are we meant to believe that Chesney and Katie would have got a passport for Joseph! Did they think they may have wanted a quick weekend in Barcelona so he may need one! The spent most of their time trying to scrape enough money together for the rent so I don't think getting him a passport would have been a priority.
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware you can't just get on a plane to another country (even within the EU) get off and start working.

As for a better life, Spain and Portugal appear to be worse off financially and employment wise than here with expats returning to the UK broke.
  • Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware you can't just get on a plane to another country (even within the EU) get off and start working.

As for a better life, Spain and Portugal appear to be worse off financially and employment wise than here with expats returning to the UK broke.

But the weather is nicer apparently:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least it's the last we'll see of Katie.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she? I thought New York too.

The timing was a bit off again tonight, wasn't it? Even if Chesney hadn't bumped into Drunk-one-minute-sober-the-next-Katy he still wouldn't have got to the hospital in time.

As you know, so did I! But now I'm wondering if she went to France to see Gloria. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member

Her mum is doing well out there isn't she, she has a nice villa and a business. Katie will be living rent free sat on her arse all day, she can't be that much worse off.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Didn't she go to France?
    Did she? I thought New York too.

The timing was a bit off again tonight, wasn't it? Even if Chesney hadn't bumped into Drunk-one-minute-sober-the-next-Katy he still wouldn't have got to the hospital in time.
    k9fan wrote: »
    All ludicrous.

Yes, to stay with Gloria, I think.
    ewoodie wrote: »
    As you know, so did I! But now I'm wondering if she went to France to see Gloria. :confused:
    I believe Jason had booked tickets to New York to go and see Stella but when they broke up, Eva decided to go to France to stay with Gloria instead. I think that solves the confusion.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the new Bethany on This Morning, she looks far older than 19 never mind 14 :o
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I have any interest in the hilarious egg storyline but if they were planting shop bought eggs then surely there would be date stamps on them??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I've just seen the new Bethany on This Morning, she looks far older than 19 never mind 14 :o

I haven't saw her yet I'll have to watch this on catch up. Just wondering after being brought up in Italy for however many years will she have an Italian accent?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Not that I have any interest in the hilarious egg storyline but if they were planting shop bought eggs then surely there would be date stamps on them??

I mentioned this in Part 8 of this thread. I think the general consensus was that some supermarket, market or farm bought eggs do not have the lion or date stamp on them. I think Zeedan said that they were from a market of some kind when he was talking to Simon.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,464
    Forum Member

They are buying them at Weatherfield Farmer's Market apparently, as Zeedan informed us last night.

I know, I laughed too. Maybe that makes a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw I see thanks for clearing that up. That must be a first for Corrie thinking something like this through!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't saw her yet I'll have to watch this on catch up. Just wondering after being brought up in Italy for however many years will she have an Italian accent?

She doesn't have any hint of Italian in her voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    They are buying them at Weatherfield Farmer's Market apparently, as Zeedan informed us last night.

I know, I laughed too. Maybe that makes a difference.

How utterly grim this programme is.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    I rarely watch corrie these days but last night's was a brammer. Honestly thought I'd tuned into Hollyoaks. It is truly appalling. Why is everyone gay?

Erm, I think only four characters are gay and only two of them appeared last night...:confused:
This discussion has been closed.