Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline (Part 2)

Comments

• Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    except we routinely hear how awesome it all is
    but seeing JP watch Lochie with Mercedes bought it how how much he's changed
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just read the next set of spoilers and the Lockie saga is back. It does say ' is his time up' and later in the week talks of Porsche's heartbreak. I really hope she catches him because this square needs to end. I don't even watch it but clips if something happens of interest now but even reading the spoilers is boring!

They need to give lockie some depth of character because they can't do anything with him anymore as regards philandering: they will run out of characters. JP needs an interesting story. At the moment being the person they chose for being put in the wall would be a prize gig!
  • CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JP needs to leave and stop having his character ruined. Send him back to Ireland to sort things out.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only Tuesday's episode but I agree - JP has been ruined by the whole Lockie/Porsche saga :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm only Tuesday's episode but I agree - JP has been ruined by the whole Lockie/Porsche saga :(

The rape wasn't done well.
    The Ste think was ridiculous.
    And now this...

When he returned it was supposed to be storylines for an adult John Paul after his "coming of age" thing had ended.

Makes you wonder what they had planned originally when they asked both of McDean to return. By now, Craig would be cross dressing and dating Ste (both against his character) and JP will have "turned back straight" and been killed off by the gloved hand killer.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    The rape wasn't done well.
    The Ste think was ridiculous.
    And now this...

When he returned it was supposed to be storylines for an adult John Paul after his "coming of age" thing had ended.

Makes you wonder what they had planned originally when they asked both of McDean to return. By now, Craig would be cross dressing and dating Ste (both against his character) and JP will have "turned back straight" and been killed off by the gloved hand killer.

I remember James saying he was persuaded to go back (ha! he begged to more like!) because he was offered a year long storyline so good he couldn't turn down - or words to that affect. He was referring to the rape storyline, of course.
    I sometimes wonder what that rape crisis charity think of the storyline now. They praised HO to the sky for doing it - before they actually got round to screening it of course. They might even have praised the actual episodes around the actual rape. But of course, after that ......

And I also sometimes wonder .... HO of course has characters of all ages, but it is primarily known as the teen soap so presumably the teens get most of the attention. JP WAS a teen when he left. He was 19. But of course he came back a 'grown up' of 23. Maybe they just didn't know what to do with a grown up JP when he's mainly famous for what he did when he was a teenager. Aside from the ridiculous priest storyline, they did alright writing for him as a teenager. But the character they sent off to Dublin with the love of his life .... came back a completely different person, by the sound of it.

Making him a teacher seems to be the start of the rot setting in! JP's love was music, last thing he would have wanted to be was a teacher, he would have had a career in music (Craig even mentioned that in the late night HO he made, 2 months after they left!)
    But of course they had to make him a teacher so he could be raped by one of his pupils!
    And once that was done he was stuck as a teacher and ... well, he is what he now is.

I always say as a joke that if Craig ever returned (not that he ever will) he wouldn't know this person calling himself John Paul at ALL!
    It certainly wouldn't be the man he lived with for 4 years!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding margarite6666's post:
    James Sutton is interviewed in the current issue of Inside Soap (as well as those who play Lockie, Theresa, Nana and :o) and , and he mentioned that he and Lockie do end up shagging again, and Porshe might finally catch them out.

He also mentioned that he ends up hiding from Porshe, whilst butt naked; he wasn't keen on doing that:D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Sutton is interviewed in the current issue of Inside Soap (as well as those who play Lockie, Theresa, Nana and :o) and , and he mentioned that he and Lockie do end up shagging again, and Porshe might finally catch them out.

He also mentioned that he ends up hiding from Porshe, whilst butt naked; he wasn't keen on doing that:D.

It is ironic you wrote this because I have just seen the DS pictures. JP hiding in the wardrobe which he seems to do alot of. I watched the scene in the party where JP has been given the same lines as he continuously praises Lockie for being supportive. This after spotting his pregnant sister in the van. Then he takes a selfie where he must be able to see Mercy and Lockie because this is the photo Porsche gfets hold of. After all that we are supposed to believe JP would continue to sleep with Lockie. He doesn't seem to care when he did say he wanted a proper relationship although the spoilers did say he had fallen in love with him.

It really is a parody of the character. None of these people are acting like normal human beings. Lockie is supposed to be a hedonist but at every turn he says he loves her after she says she loves him and literally five minutes later she upsets him and he goes with someone else who in turn doesn't care about the other people in the family. I read the actress playing Porsche said it can't go on but the writers have so runout of ideas that every plot is on a time loop and every episode is groundhog day.
  • callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel bad for James. Seems like they ruined a good character.

Why don't the ho writers listen to their viewers tho?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Please just let this McQueen love square die. Please let it die. It's woeful.
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even bothered anymore. Eff this show, Kirkwood, JP, and James Sutton. I've wasted enough time on this.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks is so horrendous. They didn't even develop this affair at all. It's like they just had a few scenes together and now it's going to be exposed. I don't really give a damn about Porsche so I don't care about her being upset. I was at least hoping for entertaining scenes between JP and Lockie before it would be exposed and HO couldn't even produce that.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Francy wrote: »
    I'm not even bothered anymore. Eff this show, Kirkwood, JP, and James Sutton. I've wasted enough time on this.

James' problem might be that JP went back an adult in a teen soap! When he was a teenager (he was there between JP being 17 and 19) the writing was good (apart from the priest storyline!), but he returned an adult of 23 and it seems like they just wrote any old rubbish for him, cos he's no longer a 'kid' in a teen soap!

I mean, it seems like they made someone who wanted a career in the music industry, into a teacher, just because they had an idea of him being raped by a pupil, so of course he had to be a teacher for that to happen!

Downhill all the way since then, by the sound of it!
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They do, they listen to the Tweens on twitter which is why the show is in such a bad state.
  • Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    They do, they listen to the Tweens on twitter which is why the show is in such a bad state.

Hiya Bob :D

Totally agree, BK even mentioned the twitter brigade in an interview. He really should look at what we say on DS!! :p;-)

Here's a link to the DS article about Porsche finding out about JP/Lockie if you haven't seen it!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a663629/hollyoaks-spoilers-john-paul-caught-half-naked-as-his-affair-is-exposed-in-new-pictures.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Hollyoaks is so horrendous. They didn't even develop this affair at all. It's like they just had a few scenes together and now it's going to be exposed. I don't really give a damn about Porsche so I don't care about her being upset. I was at least hoping for entertaining scenes between JP and Lockie before it would be exposed and HO couldn't even produce that.

what gets me though is how could JP possibly 'love' or even care for Lockie. Yes he can come across as a lovable rogue but he has been made far worse than that. You cannot possibly have sexual relations with members of the same family as your wife the way he does and be a decent caring person who anyone would want to be involved with in any way. It just doesn't make any sense considering all the angst JP went through with Craig , the death of Father Kieron, the death of sisters and then all the angst with Ste.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what gets me though is how could JP possibly 'love' or even care for Lockie. Yes he can come across as a lovable rogue but he has been made far worse than that. You cannot possibly have sexual relations with members of the same family as your wife the way he does and be a decent caring person who anyone would want to be involved with in any way. It just doesn't make any sense considering all the angst JP went through with Craig , the death of Father Kieron, the death of sisters and then all the angst with Ste.

Isn't that the truth. I am not sure I agree with this being a teen soap. To me in a teen soap the core cast are teens and they deal a lot with issues that teens relate to. I don't see that at all its a lot of ott sensationalist stuff without much plot. All this stuff about the marriages and the affairs isn't classic teen storytelling at all. I wonder what the audience is supposed to be for this?
  • callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's gotta be the tweens keeping ho relevant. Only on twitter is where I see praise with ho and it's only things saying how attractive the characters are. I tune in and out with the soap. I feel that around 2012 was the last time it was actually watchable for me at least.

Seems like the stories are just rushed with no aftermath really. The pairings are barely any good.
    Forum Member

And how is having underwear on butt naked? Nude means zero clothing so maybe it means he isn't truthful at other times? Who knows
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya Bob :D

Totally agree, BK even mentioned the twitter brigade in an interview. He really should look at what we say on DS!! :p;-)

Here's a link to the DS article about Porsche finding out about JP/Lockie if you haven't seen it!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a663629/hollyoaks-spoilers-john-paul-caught-half-naked-as-his-affair-is-exposed-in-new-pictures.html

Oh hello!! :p

He really should listen to what we say! But then again if he did, he'd be out the door! :D;-):p

I've seen the link already but thank you anyway!! Poor Porsche but it must have been a fright finding her own cousin in the wardrobe in just his undercrackers! :D
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Oh hello!! :p

He really should listen to what we say! But then again if he did, he'd be out the door! :D;-):p

I've seen the link already but thank you anyway!! Poor Porsche but it must have been a fright finding her own cousin in the wardrobe in just his undercrackers! :D
    Which isn't naked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Isn't that the truth. I am not sure I agree with this being a teen soap. To me in a teen soap the core cast are teens and they deal a lot with issues that teens relate to. I don't see that at all its a lot of ott sensationalist stuff without much plot. All this stuff about the marriages and the affairs isn't classic teen storytelling at all. I wonder what the audience is supposed to be for this?

In a way it just shows teens it's ok to sleep with whoever you want because you'll all forget about it a week later. And if you don't forget about it, murder them.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

Which character CAN'T we say that about?
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Which character CAN'T we say that about?

Scott who's been terrible from the start
    Grace who was completely vile
  • shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how is having underwear on butt naked? Nude means zero clothing so maybe it means he isn't truthful at other times? Who knows

I don't think you can say he's lied as we haven't seen the full clip. JP may be seen getting out of bed naked and by the time he's found by Porsche he's got boxers on. Plus James is not likely to say he filmed butt naked if he wasn't. Maybe it didn't make the cut. Or the promo pics are different to what we get.

Anyway it'll be good to see these scenes and if Porsche can forgive 'her favourite cousin' eventually. Id like some heart to hearts between them as JP explains why it happened. Wonder if JP/Lockie will start something up once its public knowledge?