Failed to stop recording? TF5810

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yesterday I think the wife set a recording for Spykids on BBC1 but it wasn't until the evening that we noticed that it had recorded the whole days programs and was still going.
Also a jump key press moved it back maybe half an hour rather than the 4 mins it should have done.

It resulted in a 15Gb recrding size :eek:

It was either the Toppy getting rather confused or a failure to bookmark the end of the program that caused the issue. After a reboot the machine seems to be fine again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but it happened to me for a period of time this year, when a late-night series always carried on recording until I stopped it the next day. It was just the one programme I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I have had a case where the Toppy changed its internal time away from GMT without me doing anything. All recordings started and end at the wrong times. For me it was only about 20 minutes, it could have been that your Toppy's clock reset itself making the end time hours wrong.

Check in the Toppy menus that you have time zone etc set to "Auto", maybe.....
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Shrek at 14:25 on 23/12 for me resulted in a runaway recording, ending 17GB later at about 23:30 when I stopped it manually. Every programme transition was bookmarked.
    I've not experienced this prior or since, on 5800t/MyStuff 6.2

Edit: weren't both Shrek and Spy Kids on BBCONE ?
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think my over-run was a BBC channel cos it was a regular well-after-midnight setting. It was MyStuff6.2 though.

I think I deleted the timer and it's never happened since.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    Shrek at 14:25 on 23/12 for me resulted in a runaway recording, ending 17GB later at about 23:30 when I stopped it manually. Every programme transition was bookmarked.
    I've not experienced this prior or since, on 5800t/MyStuff 6.2

Edit: weren't both Shrek and Spy Kids on BBCONE ?

They were, I'm not sure how the Toppy stops. if it is a signal from BBC or based on time. If it is the BBC that is missing the signal then at least it is not the boxes fault
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I can't understand how the Topfield can have overrunning recordings.
    MyStuff "sets" the timer.
    Extend keeps recording until the tuner is needed for another recording, or six minutes (default) after the transition to the following programme.
    It must be Extend that failed.