Options

Skincare in Pregnancy Advice Please

RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all, I'm currently 4 months pregnant and I've noticed a huge change in my skin. It was normal/oily before, smooth, no real wrinkles other than the beginnings of a line between my brows (which I had been treating with an AVON clinical product, stopped now) and no real pigmentation issues or spots to worry over. I'm 32.

Since becoming pregnant (2nd baby, didn't happen with 1st) my skin has been all over the place. Started out with clustery spots around my mouth, I treated them with good old sudocrem, I've been ill with dehydration but I'm feeling better now and drinking lots. Now currently my T zone is incredibly oily but it's also very very dry at the same time and flaking on my nose and forehead like sunburn? When I go out I have to smother my face in moisturiser then take it off with a towel to take off the flakes, which leaves me looking normal if a bit red.

My regular moisturiser is Olay day / night cream (one of each, in fact I usually stock up when they're on offer around Christmas!) but obviously this isn't working right now, do I need an oil free moisturiser or am I better off with something Aloe Vera or Honey based for the antibacterial properties?

Comments