Three in a Bed | New Series | Wednesday 18th March '15 - Ch4 - 8pm

Comments

• fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I think it was pretty obvious the lady is ill, either that or acting her own version of Faulty Towers.

Well, I'm no psychiatrist, but it definitely looked like she has some very intense mental health issues.
    Yes, she's obnoxious - but it feels a bit freak-showish and uncomfortable to be judging her. The Donkey Hill woman was downright nasty, but Lizzie is a different kettle of fish (in my opinion). She can certainly turn on the charm when it suits her, e.g. all that kissy-kissy stuff when they arrived, but the rest of her behaviour was very sociopathic(?) and not suited at all to the hospitality industry.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single post about one person, has to be a first. I usually enjoy the tension on reality shows but this one made me feel very uncomfortable, a "performance" too far for me:o
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    SueG wrote: »
    "A £1 million makeover"! :o

On Lizzie I take it. She needs a lot of work done on her!

What a nasty deluded childish woman she is >:( So glad she came last.

Her comment about being a 'successful business woman'. She went bankrupt didn't she :confused:
  • japarajapara Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very weird how she was so charming and welcoming when they first arrived at her place; that was the only time throughout the whole programme, either at her place or when visiting the others. So totally fake she couldn't keep it up. Her behaviour during the payments was bizarre.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    Well, I'm no psychiatrist, but it definitely looked like she has some very intense mental health issues.
    Yes, she's obnoxious - but it feels a bit freak-showish and uncomfortable to be judging her. The Donkey Hill woman was downright nasty, but Lizzie is a different kettle of fish (in my opinion). She can certainly turn on the charm when it suits her, e.g. all that kissy-kissy stuff when they arrived, but the rest of her behaviour was very sociopathic(?) and not suited at all to the hospitality industry.

She was very odd indeed, I agree.

I do wish the others refused to justify their payments, as Lizzie did, although I can see why they didn't, would have been pointless being there otherwise.
    They were pretty tolerant, I thought, she was pushing my buttons from my sofa, but there's something not right with her.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Every single post about one person, has to be a first. I usually enjoy the tension on reality shows but this one made me feel very uncomfortable, a "performance" too far for me:o

ditto....the woman is clearly in need of psychiatric help:o
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just finished watching this and have to admit to feeling somewhat bewildered :confused: Was this a panto version of the show or what?? Seriously, that Lizzie is like Aggie McKenzie on an overdose of bitterness pills! Quite a rare creature indeed.

she reminded me of Paul McCartney`s ex,
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with those that say this moved into uncomfortable territory, especially when Lizzie was being read the comments book and contradicting every criticism in Comical Ali manner.

She obviously wasn't fit to appear on tv. I thought part of the interview process for reality tv shows included discussions with a psychologist? It really is a sad state of affairs when 'tv gold' comes before someone's welfare, no matter how obnoxious they can be at times.
  • ICanBeBotheredICanBeBothered Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Agree with those that say this moved into uncomfortable territory, especially when Lizzie was being read the comments book and contradicting every criticism in Comical Ali manner.

She obviously wasn't fit to appear on tv. I thought part of the interview process for reality tv shows included discussions with a psychologist? It really is a sad state of affairs when 'tv gold' comes before someone's welfare, no matter how obnoxious they can be at times.

Just finished watching this on 4OD and found it painfully uncomfortable too. One of the problems I found with this woman is that there seems to be no over-arching logical way in which the various facets of her personality that we have seen (or, to be generous, been shown) can possibly fit together in any fully-functioning adult. Because of this, I am not sure that she is a genuinely nasty person (or any other type of person!).

I cannot bear to go back and check, but didn't she say that she was one of the Country's best patisserie chefs?

All in all, this has to be one of the strangest 3/4InABed ever.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read a few reviews on TA, Lizzy might have an alcohol problem.

This place is a joke dirty rooms poor breakfast drunken owner should just close the doors...

..the owner comes down the stairs from her part of the house with a glass of wine and an opened bottle of wine and started tearing into me....

Avoid the place owner has a drinking problem....

And -
    Lizzie Middlemiss who greeted us with her recent story of her being on the program "3 in a bed". :o:o:o

It also seems that she goes in rooms and moves people's belonging elsewhere.

I wonder if C4 will get complaints about this prog and will it be repeated? I note some 3/4IAB progs never seem to be repeated while others are never off TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I stayed at Sallyport years ago and she was horrid, obviously thought we weren't worthy of staying there (because we didn't want to eat in her restaurant) and was off with us for our whole stay. The funny thing is the restaurant menu on her website was one of the reasons we decided to stay there, but when we got there it was completely different.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,381
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I forget when she said (claimed) she won it, but for an alleged 'best B&B in Britain' being TA ranked number 46 and out of only 52(!) B&B's in her area just doesn't add up.

Thinking about this made me wonder if this was just one journalist's opinion and not the result of some kind of poll? Lizzie was certainly capable of turning on the charm and apparently delivering the goods according to many reviews on TA, but seemingly she switches it on & off.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »

She did, but that was nearly six years ago and she also refers to the 'glamorous blonde chef' so it seems things have changed quite considerably in the last few years.
    Agree with those that say this moved into uncomfortable territory

...I thought part of the interview process for reality tv shows included discussions with a psychologist? It really is a sad state of affairs when 'tv gold' comes before someone's welfare, no matter how obnoxious they can be at times.

Wholeheartedly agree.
    I got this one totally wrong.
    I looked at the websites only, not the TA reviews and had thought this would be the best venue last night. As the programme went on, I initially thought Lizzie was just one of those typical awkward 3/4iaB contestants who's obnoxious. It was only as the show went on that I began to cotton on and by the end it was very uncomfortable viewing.

I don't think all shows include psychological vetting. The only ones I've heard of doing such is when the contestants are going to be isolated from their everyday life for some time e.g. Big Brother and its like...that's not to say that 3/4iaB doesn't do it, but I'd rather suspect not.
    Diamond_ wrote: »
    I stayed at Sallyport years ago and she was horrid, obviously thought we weren't worthy of staying there (because we didn't want to eat in her restaurant) and was off with us for our whole stay. The funny thing is the restaurant menu on her website was one of the reasons we decided to stay there, but when we got there it was completely different.

Do you think she's had an unachievable ideal that she can't live up to?
    It seems very strange that her special offers are for room only at either £50 or £60 less than the B&B rate. Who on earth would pay £50+ for two breakfasts?

Similarly the fact that she also takes contract bookings at £17 a night is odd, they're two very different markets.

It was sad really and you do have to question how responsible it was to include her establishment in a show like this.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’re quite near to Berwick – I’ll have lunch in her deli some time soon.
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Ask her if she watched the programme.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Don't ask for whipped cream in your hot chocolate. :o
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Similarly the fact that she also takes contract bookings at £17 a night is odd, they're two very different markets.
    s.

I read some of her replies to the complainants on TA and it would appear that she owns more than one establishment. One is the B&B another is a house which is rented out at £17 per room per night - no breakfast. Wouldn't fancy that unless I knew my fellow renters, most of the complaints, but not all, came from those who stayed in the house. I believe she also owns a restaurant in the town.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I don't think all shows include psychological vetting. The only ones I've heard of doing such is when the contestants are going to be isolated from their everyday life for some time e.g. Big Brother and its like...that's not to say that 3/4iaB doesn't do it, but I'd rather suspect not.
    Ah right. I thought it was them all, if only for the tv company to protect themselves. After this they should definitely start it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah right. I thought it was them all, if only for the tv company to protect themselves. After this they should definitely start it!

Isn't that a bit of a Catch 22? You'd have to be a bit mad to take part in most of these kinda shows. Especiaally 3IAB and 4IAB. Who in their right mind would want to have judgmental game-players crawling all over their rooms with a microscop looking for pubes, and putting you through hell at breakfast asking for unrealistic menu items - and there's not even a useful prize!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the local paper link posted earlier, she did actually win The Sunday Times best B&B award at one point so she wasn't BSing with that. Looks like she's really gone downhill over the last few years.

I'm not an expert on these things but something stinks about her bankruptcy. She still has this business, although I think she said she managed to get it back, and also a couple of others businesses. I wonder if she manipulated her bankruptcy for no other reason than to simply avoid paying her debts.

If she was as concerned about not paying other local businesses what was due as she made out she would surely have done so when she was able to but hasn't. If so, no wonder people cross the road, apart from the obvious reason of course!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that a bit of a Catch 22? You'd have to be a bit mad to take part in most of these kinda shows. Especiaally 3IAB and 4IAB. Who in their right mind would want to have judgmental game-players crawling all over their rooms with a microscop looking for pubes, and putting you through hell at breakfast asking for unrealistic menu items - and there's not even a useful prize!
    It was interesting to see that the prize in the first series of 3iab was basically a wall tile! They're certainly splashing out with a plaque these days.
    Forum Member
    It was interesting to see that the prize in the first series of 3iab was basically a wall tile! They're certainly splashing out with a plaque these days.

............ and it's in a box!
    (which is the best place for it :kitty: )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    the more i think of last nights 3 in a bed, i think lizzie is sadly very mentally unwell and was exploited by channel 4 for entertainment...

i bet they were rubbing their hands with glee :(

But you don't actually know that for certain. I have worked in the mental health industry and she strikes me as an egotistical snob who thinks she's better than everyone else. There was nothing in her behaviour which suggested she is mentally ill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you don't actually know that for certain. I have worked in the mental health industry and she strikes me as an egotistical snob who thinks she's better than everyone else. There was nothing in her behaviour which suggested she is mentally ill.

That's an interesting observation, thanks. We tend to judge people by our own standards, and by my non-medical standards I thought she must have mental health issues, mainly because she seemed to be at least two different people, depending on when we saw her. But you're right, she might just be an objectionable egotistical two-faced bitch with an inflated idea of her own importance.
    Still uncomfortable to watch though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting observation, thanks. We tend to judge people by our own standards, and by my non-medical standards I thought she must have mental health issues, mainly because she seemed to be at least two different people, depending on when we saw her. But you're right, she might just be an objectionable egotistical two-faced bitch with an inflated idea of her own importance.
    Still uncomfortable to watch though.

I have met loads of her type. Complete narcissists with psychopathic tendencies.