If Sinn Fein would attend...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
...the Tories would need 326.

Comments

• BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Look, they are not going to do it. I don't like it, but they don't actually recognise themselves as having any connection with the Westminster parliament despite standing for the election.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will have 326 any minute.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look, they are not going to do it. I don't like it, but they don't actually recognise themselves as having any connection with the Westminster parliament despite standing for the election.

And despite spending the who campaign talking about how they would fight Westminster cuts. Not sure how they would even do that.
  • mungobrushmungobrush Posts: 9,332
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    ...the Tories would need 326.

They already have 325 seats with 9 more to be announced
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperate stuff.
  • NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. The straws at which we clutch....

Is it all Sinn Feins fault now?
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    /thread

:D
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I am a bit worried about all the DUP;s wins. Perhaps if some of them had the good grace to be a bit more gracious in their winning..

I am not surprises the SF have lost seats. Most people vote for the candidate who hopefully can deliver something that might be valuable for you, who will vote in acts and decision that could affect your HealthCare, pensions etc, but if you dont attend to actually make a difference why on earth would I waste my time to vote for you, when you the Candidate will not even bother to attend.

Also I do think having Gerry as their leader is beginning to be a stumbling block.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    While I am a bit worried about all the DUP;s wins. Perhaps if some of them had the good grace to be a bit more gracious in their winning..

I am not surprises the SF have lost seats. Most people vote for the candidate who hopefully can deliver something that might be valuable for you, who will vote in acts and decision that could affect your HealthCare, pensions etc, but if you dont attend to actually make a difference why on earth would I waste my time to vote for you, when you the Candidate will not even bother to attend.

Also I do think having Gerry as their leader is beginning to be a stumbling block.

SF lost just the ONE seat, and that was because protestant bigots in that particular constituency rallied behind a single protestant Unionist candidate.

Even then, they only managed to win by 500 votes.

As Gerry Adams TD put it,

“Across constituencies Sinn Fein consolidated and built support,” he said.
    “In many constituencies we faced a unionist pact held together by opposition to change, opposition to equality and in support of a union that is imposing austerity.
    “This was most evident in Fermanagh/South Tyrone where all shades of unionism combined with the Tory party to unseat a republican woman.”
  • nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    SF lost just the ONE seat, and that was because protestant bigots in that particular constituency rallied behind a single protestant Unionist candidate.

“In many constituencies we faced a unionist pact held together by opposition to change, opposition to equality and in support of a union that is imposing austerity.
    “This was most evident in Fermanagh/South Tyrone where all shades of unionism combined with the Tory party to unseat a republican woman.”

They lost two seats, Fermanagh and South Tyrone.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »

Sorry, I actually find that quite offensive. Do you have proof that they were all Bigots!!

Maybe they wanted someone in Government who could actually do something!!

Perhaps Tom Elliott will not make one bit of difference, but he will actually be in the Parliament were they vote on all these things that Gerry has quoted.

Gildernew never attended so didnt vote
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    They lost two seats, Fermanagh and South Tyrone.

F. & S. T. is one constituency.