Prissy Prudish People?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just read the story on the homepage about Simon Cowell receiving a warning from US execs about provocative performances in the US version. Apparently thousands of people complained about Christina Aguillera and Rihanna's performances on the grand final show.

I'm just wondering if these people have a life, and if they were watching the same show as me 'cos I don't remember seeing anything that remotely raised an eyebrow hair. :confused:

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    It was all a bit...sluttish, wasn't it.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love being prissed in the prude.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    I'm quite dissappointed I missed the final, it sounds like it would have been worth watching just to see Christina and Rihanna getting all raunchy!!
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh PLEASE let me utter the most prudish comment in this thread. I'll have to think about it for a while. OK, here it is! Think of the children!
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I think it had 5000 complaints in total for the whole series, which seems a lot, but is only around 0.0003% of the average number of viewers. Nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    digami wrote: »
    Just read the story on the homepage about Simon Cowell receiving a warning from US execs about provocative performances in the US version. Apparently thousands of people complained about Christina Aguillera and Rihanna's performances on the grand final show.

I'm just wondering if these people have a life, and if they were watching the same show as me 'cos I don't remember seeing anything that remotely raised an eyebrow hair. :confused:

It was simply because the show went out before 9pm watershed, young kids are watching the show so the people who complained are absolutely within their rights and correct to do so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have had no problem watching that as a child. People who complain are just being prudish.
    Forum Member
    I would have had no problem watching that as a child. People who complain are just being prudish.

Not the point the point is that is the Law, and until that is changed it is technically illegal.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

I have to agree with this coz I dont particularly remember anything "sluttish" either ...
    I'd like to make the point that I'm a 24 year old male and there's nothin more I love than a bit a' skin but nothing on X factor got me excited.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was simply because the show went out before 9pm watershed, young kids are watching the show so the people who complained are absolutely within their rights and correct to do so.

What were they complaining about though? I seriously don't get it. The performances were no 'worse' than anything else I've seen on TV at that time of night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the point the point is that is the Law, and until that is changed it is technically illegal.

Eh??? :confused: The Law is illegal? lol.
    Forum Member
    What were they complaining about though? I seriously don't get it. The performances were no 'worse' than anything else I've seen on TV at that time of night.

One of the blonde dancers, her clout was apparently hanging out and they were simulating sex:D
    Forum Member
    Eh??? :confused: The Law is illegal? lol.

Eh??? read all the posts then:D
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    These people are most probably parents. They do realize that their children are going to find out where babies come from some time in their life.

I agree with the OP.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I've seen more skin on a banana !!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But it wasn't illegal, they were just clothed and dancing against chairs on stage. They weren't fully clothed, by any means, but they certainly weren't as revealing as a lot of other things on TV, such as sunbathing girls in The Hills and those moments we see as 'embarrassing moments' when a soap star gets naked for the wrong person and stuff. There's much worse stuff and I hardly think it's illegal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What part of the law, exactly?
    Forum Member
    But it wasn't illegal, they were just clothed and dancing against chairs on stage. They weren't fully clothed, by any means, but they certainly weren't as revealing as a lot of other things on TV, such as sunbathing girls in The Hills and those moments we see as 'embarrassing moments' when a soap star gets naked for the wrong person and stuff. There's much worse stuff and I hardly think it's illegal.

Well maybe illegal is too strong a word but the toothless watchdog Ofcom or whoever it is will decide if it contravines the law as it stands.
    I dont care either way but it was the parents of young children who thought the content of the show was too strong for terrestial TV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1340215/X-Factor-Ofcom-launch-investigation-Christina-Aguilera-Rihannas-risque-performances.html
  • willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction. It lasted maybe a second? Yet people were up in arms about that like there's no tomorrow. "Yes, I tivo'd it, zoomed in and did a frame-by-frame advance and saw a breast for 3 frames! I'm traumatized!!!!" :rolleyes:

A bigger concern will be some of the backup dancers during the live performances. The girls rubbing their boobies (Wagner), the half-naked male dancers (Bel Amie, Diva Fever), and the cross dressing (Nicolo). That won't go over well with the USA.
    Forum Member
    neel wrote: »
    What part of the law, exactly?

This bit that regulates terrestial TV

"The TV watchdog will look at whether the routines broke the broadcasting code which seeks to protect children from sexualised content."

Ofcom itself has received 2,750 complaints with more than 1,500 being registered directly with ITV.

Last week the regulator was accused by politicians of dragging its feet over making a decision on whether to probe the show or not. They feared that it was waiting for the anger to die down before quietly dropping any investigation.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to have a houseful of nine year old girls around for a birthday/XFactor/sleepover party and I literally didn't know where to put myself or whether or not to turn it off. If anyone who knows me heard me referred to as prude, they'd keel over with mirth.
    But this was entirely inappropriate for what is supposed to be a family show. It started at 7.30pm; it's just unnecessary and a little sad that successful, powerful women in the music industry feel they have to douse themselves in Eau de Trollop before they take to the stage.
    I really think my nine year old daughter and her friends could have done without watching it. I really do. Innocence is short-lived enough in this world. Before I was a parent, I'd have been laughing my ass off at the complaints, by the way. Your perspective changes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I happened to have a houseful of nine year old girls around for a birthday/XFactor/sleepover party and I literally didn't know where to put myself or whether or not to turn it off. If anyone who knows me heard me referred to as prude, they'd keel over with mirth.
    But this was entirely inappropriate for what is supposed to be a family show. It started at 7.30pm; it's just unnecessary and a little sad that successful, powerful women in the music industry feel they have to douse themselves in Eau de Ho before they take to the stage.
    I really think my nine year old daughter and her friends could have done without watching it. I really do. Innocence is short-lived enough in this world. Before I was a parent, I'd have been laughing my ass off at the complaints, by the way. Your perspective changes.

That's a bit rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Oh PLEASE let me utter the most prudish comment in this thread. I'll have to think about it for a while. OK, here it is! Think of the children!

I have to say I wasn't thinking of children when I was watching it, if anyone was that is pretty sick but nothing to do with the show.
    Forum Member
    But this was entirely inappropriate for what is supposed to be a family show. It started at 7.30pm; it's just unnecessary and a little sad that successful, powerful women in the music industry feel they have to douse themselves in Eau de Ho before they take to the stage.

This is why there is a law in place to protect children before 9pm from the content on terrestial TV. It is the parents resposibility to protect them from Sky ect.