Paddy Hair or Lack of it in Emmerdale.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Perhaps hes trying to get like Phil and Grant..He could be the next one called Butch :D
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time. The actor's real-life (partial) baldness has become increasingly obvious on screen over the years. I'm glad for him that he's finally decided to just live with it.
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    He has been doing the spray on hair for years. It was quite noticable at times. I suppose the longer it goes on the more difficult it is to stop, especially when it means you go from full head to shaved.

Good luck to him! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Not laughing at Dom, he started covering up a small bald spot and it got out of hand over the years so much so he was forced to do something about it as he almost had a full head of spray with not much hair, suprised the topic has never been raised as it was really obvious on and off screen.

James Nesbitt, Steven Seagal have had hair transplants, Nesbit looks totally different now!

John Travolta is very rarely seen without his front hair pieces, he is bald at the front but not back and sides! If you google his recent Hawaii family pics, he left the hairpieces at home and braved Paparazzi without them! One photo years ago made the gossip columns of Travolta kissing a guy getting onto an aeroplane, so much was talked about the kiss, no one mentioned he did not have his hairpiece on, no one noticed!

I'm chuffed for Dom, it cant have been fun spraying what looked like poo and twigs onto his head every day, at least now he be confident and not ridiculed for the cover up!
  • RoxysirenRoxysiren Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Now he has gone 'au natural' you can see how extensive the hair loss area was. As you say mysterymind, it must have been very time consuming to keep covering up the area as it grew bigger. I am not laughing at him either and respect he has had the courage to make the change. I remember mentioning Dominic on a thread about celebrity wig wearers a couple of years ago but I don't think anyone else had mentioned it.

Only one of four males in my household still has a full head of hair and the other three are all down to the clippers with no guide, have been for years now. Best way to go I think. Hubby hates it when it is "too long" which is around the five day mark.

:)
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I was shocked when I tuned into yesterdays Emmerdale this lunch time to see Paddy with no hair!

Whatever the reason, I still love Paddy and Dom - just will take a bit of getting used to seeing Pads hairless. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the word 'Paddy' keep appearing in red?
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norristar wrote: »

How to explain this. I believe you got a link to this thread from another poster in a similar thread which led you here. The poster who posted that link did a search re: Paddy and hair I assume and thus doing a search highlights the word searched in red. This only happens when you do a search of the forums.

If you just came straight to the thread they would not have appeared in red and just look normal.

I hope this helps.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the way Paddy now looks but he shouldn't shave too much off next time. He should leave a bit of hair.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Norristar wrote: »

I thought you were just joking!
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The spray leaves a furry looking coating that is supposed to mimick hair, however..... it does not really work!

It does work, the stuff looks fantastic, if you didn't tell us he used a camoflage spray, I would have assumed that was he's real hair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    How to explain this. I believe you got a link to this thread from another poster in a similar thread which led you here. The poster who posted that link did a search re: Paddy and hair I assume and thus doing a search highlights the word searched in red. This only happens when you do a search of the forums.

If you just came straight to the thread they would not have appeared in red and just look normal.

I hope this helps.

Aw yes, that makes sense now! Someone posted a link to this thread on another. They must of searched Paddy. So i was prob the only one seeing it in red lol!
    Thank you! :)
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    It does work, the stuff looks fantastic, if you didn't tell us he used a camoflage spray, I would have assumed that was he's real hair.
    LOL. Let me guess what you happen to sell for a living :D

The spray is obvious to anyone who looks IMO. You don't even have to look closely.
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »

I hope this helps.

Yeah that was me, cba to look page by page for the thread so used the word Paddy to find it. Sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    LOL. Let me guess what you happen to sell for a living :D

The spray is obvious to anyone who looks IMO. You don't even have to look closely.

I have honestly never noticed, but I've never really looked at his hair that intently
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does he mean 'it all fell out'?

It looks like alopecia areata to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pikeur wrote: »
    Maybe he has that hair disease alepecho (cant spell it)

:D Alopecia

Either he does have that or he has had some sort of mental or physical trauma that has caused it (a knock to the top lip can cause it as was the case with Duncan Goodhew or nerve damage around the top lip caused by dental work can cause it too).

It's been quite sudden.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does he mean 'it all fell out'?

It looks like alopecia areata to me.

He doesn't have alopecia, he has male patter baldness.

MPB - male pattern baldness, it's when your crown at the back of your head balds, and you loose it at the sides, and it just leaves a trace of hair in the centre.

the majority of young men, inherit the pattern from their dad - if your father is bald, chances are you will bald.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominic lost started losing his hair on the crown area around fifteen years ago, on screen and off he used a camouflage spray conccealer to cover the bald spot, the bald spot has slowly but surely become bigger over the years making the spray more noticable, if you watch back some of the shows and look at the back of his head it was really obvious as the bald spot is a good five inches wide now.

The spray leaves a furry looking coating that is supposed to mimick hair, however..... it does not really work!

He has done the right thing in shaving it instead of trying to cover it up, however he has only shaved it to a number one trim, so if you watch the show now, you will see he has no hair at all on the bald spot at the back of his head yet hair around the temple and sides, what he needs to do now is to shave off the remainder hair which would look much better!

Dev in Corry also sprays the back of his head with black spray to hide the thinning, and David Gest is a spray user too!

He should have the bald areas tattooed with a hair stubble look