I really like Karren

TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
Forum Member
Karren gets a lot of negativity on here for some reason, she needs some love! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Or perhaps a good kicking for being so utterly dim, inept, vacuous, witless and obsessed with women's issues to the exclusion of just about everything else.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I wonder OP if you'd still have the same opinion if you worked for her?
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Margaret I say!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    She seems like she sucks on lemons just before filming these days.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's curious - she does seem somewhat sour this series. But if you read her columns in Woman and Home she sounds lovely. Perhaps she also thinks this crop of would-be Apprentices are not up to much
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very very very sour.

The ridiculous grimaces that she pulls and her delight in making people look bad show up her poor personality.
  • TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I did like Margaret better but I wouldn't describe Karren as vacuous. The guest sitting in the middle on last night's You're Fired, on the other hand... ::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The ridiculous grimaces that she pulls and her delight in making people look bad show up her poor personality.

I think she is just trying to copy Nick and his bitter lemon sucking look. It doesn't work on her though.
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I think she is just trying to copy Nick and his bitter lemon sucking look. It doesn't work on her though.

or how about she's just comfortable in her own skin? She doesn't strike me as somebody who needs to copy other people. I think some of the things I read on DS are so bizarre, it makes me wonder how some lead their own lives quite honestly.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's a judge in a TV reality show. It's not necessarily how she is in real life. I haven't noticed her looking delighted at all (apart from giggling at Azhar's shorts), whether she's saying good things or bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    She's a judge in a TV reality show. It's not necessarily how she is in real life. I haven't noticed her looking delighted at all (apart from giggling at Azhar's shorts), whether she's saying good things or bad.

Then look in her eyes and you will see the joy she gets from ripping people apart, almost always unjustifiably and without anything constructive to say.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then look in her eyes and you will see the joy she gets from ripping people apart, almost always unjustifiably and without anything constructive to say.

As Dara O'Brien would say: "That's the gig!"

Karren has had to constantly live in Margaret's shadow and because the latter made such an impact, Karren (or anyone, for that matter) is NEVER going to be good enough in some people's eyes.

I bet the negativity would be no where near as rife had Karren been LS original female "eyes and ears".:rolleyes:

I, for one, have no problem with Karren at all - she has be given her brief and she's sticking to it.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some posters on here that are really nasty about Karren whatever she does.
    I quite like her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    As Dara O'Brien would say: "That's the gig!"

Karren has had to constantly live in Margaret's shadow and because the latter made such an impact, Karren (or anyone, for that matter) is NEVER going to be good enough in some people's eyes.

I bet the negativity would be no where near as rife had Karren been LS original female "eyes and ears".:rolleyes:

I, for one, have no problem with Karren at all - she has be given her brief and she's sticking to it.

No, you are totally wrong. It has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with whoever was there before. It is purely watching someone who is so mean-spirited, so lacking in any grace, so sadistically criticising for its own sake that makes you want to slap the annoying woman.
    Forum Member

I suspect that Karren's grimacing and disdainful comments in the last programme as she delivered the performance results of the teams is a result of a conscious decision attempt to make a greater impact on the programme and amplify and dramatise her role.

She is aware that she is superfluous to requirements as she doesn't provide insightful comments, intellectual weight or entertainment, so now she has decided that her small role should come with added histrionics and it should deliver some contempt, some vitriol, some praise and an emotional roller coaster narrative as each piece of information she delivers hints at one result, only to be confounded by the next. It is desperate attention-seeking, amateurish stuff. Someone should take a spanking stick to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Flossie- wrote: »
    I suspect that Karren's grimacing and disdainful comments in the last programme as she delivered the performance results of the teams is a result of a conscious decision attempt to make a greater impact on the programme and amplify and dramatise her role.

She is aware that she is superfluous to requirements as she doesn't provide insightful comments, intellectual weight or entertainment, so now she has decided that her small role should come with added histrionics and it should deliver some contempt, some vitriol, some praise and an emotional roller coaster narrative as each piece of information she delivers hints at one result, only to be confounded by the next. It is desperate attention-seeking, amateurish stuff. Someone should take a spanking stick to her.

I don't agree with a single word. I think she is intelligent, interesting, pleasant and very fair.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are totally wrong. It has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with whoever was there before. It is purely watching someone who is so mean-spirited, so lacking in any grace, so sadistically criticising for its own sake that makes you want to slap the annoying woman.
    Wow, you really do seem to see a lot of stuff other people seem to miss don't you. :rolleyes: And of course anyone who disagrees with your analysis of Karren is totally wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or how about she's just comfortable in her own skin? She doesn't strike me as somebody who needs to copy other people. I think some of the things I read on DS are so bizarre, it makes me wonder how some lead their own lives quite honestly.

Oh sorry. I guess I am not allowed to have my own opinion am I? Whatever!!!

I'm a Karren fan, and always have been, but some of the faces she has been pulling recently have been ridiculous. Sure, the apprentices make a complete **** of themselves sometimes, but is it really necessary to look at them like that?

Oh and sorry to madetomeasure for having my own opinion. Not allowed is it? It's your view or no view right?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with the criticism of her, I don't see anything wrong with anything she does? She seems perfectly fair and she always shows a softer side on the Junior Apprentice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Karren gets a lot of negativity on here for some reason, she needs some love! :)

Most of the time I like her and I certainly respect her. I never quite got the hero worship for Margaret so I don't mind her being replaced. However, Karren does sometimes come over a bit negative. Her presentation of this week's results being a classic example. It didn't come across well on TV. I know with hindsight it was part of building the tension and so on but at the time it just came over as being unnecessarily unpleasant.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or perhaps a good kicking for being so utterly dim, inept, vacuous, witless and obsessed with women's issues to the exclusion of just about everything else.

You think the things you mentioned should result in physical assault? Really?

That says a lot more about you. :)
    Forum Member
    Yep, you have me sussed, physically assaulting Karren is my preferred policy. ( There is irony in there for the hard of understanding )
  • Chocolate MonkeChocolate Monke Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm, you've just described the entire episode of The Apprentice, not just Karen! Hinting at one result in the hope the audience will be confounded by the actual result. Should Karen's role be any different? As you say, it's a conscious decision to make her like this. Yes, but most probably on the part of the tv producers. You know, because it's a tv show?

As for being superfluous to requirements, Nick has already said on You're Fired, that Karen carries great weight with Alan Sugar, suggesting that was why Jane was fired last week.

At the end of the day, it's a bloomin' tv show. Great entertainment it is, yep, but a tv show. I'd be surprised if the producers don't have at least a little bit of say in how or what Alan, Karen and Nick say.
    Forum Member
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Oh sorry. I guess I am not allowed to have my own opinion am I? Whatever!!!

I'm a Karren fan, and always have been, but some of the faces she has been pulling recently have been ridiculous. Sure, the apprentices make a complete **** of themselves sometimes, but is it really necessary to look at them like that?

Oh and sorry to madetomeasure for having my own opinion. Not allowed is it? It's your view or no view right?

She has said herself, if you have bothered to watch her outside of the Apprentice, that she's never aware when the cameras are on her because there's that much going on. Why on earth would a woman, who has 'made it' need to copy anybody else's expressions? So you like her, great, well why not try backing her up then against all this venom that's pitted against her and the only reason people are calling her fat whatever is because they are insecure of the fact she's totally self-confident, which many people are lacking. Now put your dummy back in why don't you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time I like her and I certainly respect her. I never quite got the hero worship for Margaret so I don't mind her being replaced. However, Karren does sometimes come over a bit negative. Her presentation of this week's results being a classic example. It didn't come across well on TV. I know with hindsight it was part of building the tension and so on but at the time it just came over as being unnecessarily unpleasant.

It wasn't just that it came across as unncessarily unpleasant. It WAS in fact spiteful, vindictive, nasty, negative and supercilious. Showing Karren up entirely and competely undermining any credentials that she started with.