The Desperation of Sinitta (18)

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen these pics of our Snit (17) at the I Can't Sing! (the irony) premiere?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2590186/Sinitta-bears-uncanny-resemblance-Flash-Gordons-arch-nemesis-opening-night-new-Simon-Cowell-musical-I-Cant-Sing.html

..not only does she look like Ming the Merciless, she has tried at least 10x too hard (aside from the dress, the matching lippy and hair streaks scream look at me)

I know she's only 16 but someone needs to give Simon's True Love a few tips on classy dressing.

To top it off, one of her silicones fell out of her dress (accidentally like). Anyone would think she had a CD coming out soon. Oh...

Daily Mail at it again. If the BBC had shown Sinitta's nipple the Mail would be outraged.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Don't you have to be at least 16 to be a godmother? :confused:

don't know if there is a law about that, my brother became a godfather to one of our cousins when he was 12
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    How old is she? In that article it's says she's 50, 45 and 36!

I think the 36 refers to Simon's fiancee. But Sinitta does appear to regress from 50 to 45 in the space of a few paragraphs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    I think that too, and that he may well have driven her (actually) mad. He seems like the type of person who would promise things and draw someone in and then back off so they're left not knowing where they are with him. She plainly adores him and it seems like he's kept feeding her the idea that maybe, some day.... etc. You only have to look at the way he surrounds himself with women to see what a self-involved ego-driven control freak he is. Very unpleasant man imo.

Couldn't agree more, and it's the one thing I actually feel sympathy for Sinitta for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love to know what she has on Cowell!!

Me too. You know it's something big.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen these pics of our Snit (17)

Wait a minute... I thought she was 14
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Me too. You know it's something big.

Unlike Cowell himself
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched Simon on a itv advert. What on earth has he done to his face? :o
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »

Late midlife crisis, or, looking at him, more like an afterlife crisis :o:D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »

I think he's gone too far with the botox (or whatever) thing. It's not that bad, but it is noticeable though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think he's gone too far with the botox (or whatever) thing. It's not that bad, but it is noticeable though.

Now he only needs a chipmunk voice to go with that look.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Awful choice of dress to go to the theatre in, it's already creased to buggery and she hasn't even sat down yet. Apart from that, anyone looking down at her from the circle is likely to see right down Sinitta's balcony and into her orchestra pit.

Princess Di made both of these mistakes, I'm surprised Sinitta didn't take heed!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Cannot understand Sinitta. She gave an interview saying she was "devastated" when Lauren came into Simon's life and became pregnant with his child. She had an abortion, making headlines all over the place, before stating that actually it was a medical abortion as she cannot carry a child full term due to health issues! Now she is "over the moon" to be Godmother to Simon's baby Eric!! I strongly doubt if Simon was a normal guy working as an accountant or something she would be hanging on like this. She looks really pathetic. Something very distasteful abount Simon's need to be surrounded by ex-girlfriends!! I wonder how long his relationship with Lauren will last, if he continues karting around a group of women, everywhere he goes!! Bizarre. Also I believe Lauren is Jewish and so is Simon (well at least his Dad Eric was Jewish) so do they have godparents in the Jewish faith????
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    astor wrote: »
    Maybe she actually really loved him for years, still does and is completely heartbroken.

I think it is more to do with who Simon is, powerful in showbusiness, extremely rich and that is the attraction. I remember Sinitta doing interview after interview about her trying to get pregnant and she adopted two absolutely gorgeous children, and her husband seems a lovely guy. Of course she gushed all over the place about how madly in love she was with him etc only to divorce him six months later!! Sadly, she seemed to move on from her relationshp with Simon only to bounce right back into hanging on to his every word after her divorce. In X Factor, what on earth does she actually do??? The only time I see her on TV now is talking about Simon!! Wasn't she a singer?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    anyone looking down at her from the circle is likely to see right down Sinitta's balcony and into her orchestra pit. !
    the instruments are all there, but the conductor is out to lunch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there's something disturbing about Cowell's three ring circus of current and future ex-girlfriends, the way they carry on, go on holidays together, etc. There's no reason to be angry with each other, but this is quite the opposite extreme.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone seen these pics of our Snit (17) at the I Can't Sing! (the irony) premiere?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2590186/Sinitta-bears-uncanny-resemblance-Flash-Gordons-arch-nemesis-opening-night-new-Simon-Cowell-musical-I-Cant-Sing.html

..not only does she look like Ming the Merciless, she has tried at least 10x too hard (aside from the dress, the matching lippy and hair streaks scream look at me)

I know she's only 16 but someone needs to give Simon's True Love a few tips on classy dressing.

To top it off, one of her silicones fell out of her dress (accidentally like). Anyone would think she had a CD coming out soon. Oh...

How dare you suggest Sinitta is as old as 16!!!! Everyone knows she is but a twinkle in her Daddies eyes age wise!!
  • Gail forceGail force Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    How dare you suggest Sinitta is as old as 16!!!! Everyone knows she is but a twinkle in her Daddies eyes age wise!!

Heard she is in Brooklyn Beckham's class at school.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinnita go way
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    Sinnita go way

Which bit?

There were bits of her popping out and flying all over the place the other day at that do. :blush:

Made me blush in the office at work.
  • Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    How old is she? In that article it's says she's 50, 45 and 36!

That is one of the world's greatest mysteries. Like the Loch Ness Monster or the Bermuda Triangle.
  • DoggyphantDoggyphant Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I think it is more to do with who Simon is, powerful in showbusiness, extremely rich and that is the attraction. I remember Sinitta doing interview after interview about her trying to get pregnant and she adopted two absolutely gorgeous children, and her husband seems a lovely guy. Of course she gushed all over the place about how madly in love she was with him etc only to divorce him six months later!! Sadly, she seemed to move on from her relationshp with Simon only to bounce right back into hanging on to his every word after her divorce. In X Factor, what on earth does she actually do??? The only time I see her on TV now is talking about Simon!! Wasn't she a singer?

I'm showing my age here but does anyone remember in the 90s when Sinitta's claim to fame was a couple of singles and an affair with David Essex? She seemed to give a lot of magazine interviews to keep herself in the public eye and the Essex affair seemed to be the only thing of interest about her (he was a lot older and a lot more famous than she was).

Then best friend Simon Cowell took the high-profile Pop Idol job and with the help of Max Clifford pubically came out as a heterosexual after years of "pretending" to be gay (anyone remember the Ruby Wax interview?). Sinitta then did her bit by revealing that she had been Simon's on-off secret girlfriend for... well I don't know how long as the dates seem to be kept quite vague.

In return Simon's kept her in the public eye, giving her work on X-Factor and Grease Is The Word. But it seems her job is simply to be a high profile ex-girlfriend of Cowell to remind the public that he's straight.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doggyphant wrote: »
    I'm showing my age here but does anyone remember in the 90s when Sinitta's claim to fame was a couple of singles and an affair with David Essex? She seemed to give a lot of magazine interviews to keep herself in the public eye and the Essex affair seemed to be the only thing of interest about her (he was a lot older and a lot more famous than she was).

Also don't forget her fling with Brad Pitt in the late 80s. She used to bang on about that when he started to become more famous in the 90s.

The weird thing with Sinitta is when she actually had a career in the 80s she didn't seem as prolific then as she does now. Wherever Simon is there she is with him but at her peak, career wise, other than seeing her on her pop videos I don't recall seeing much about her in the press or any other media outlet at the time. The publicity she gets now would have suited her better when she was a pop singer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doggyphant wrote: »
    But it seems her job is simply to be a high profile ex-girlfriend of Cowell to remind the public that he's straight.
    And it is a very difficult and very responsible job.
  • DoggyphantDoggyphant Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Also don't forget her fling with Brad Pitt in the late 80s. She used to bang on about that when he started to become more famous in the 90s.

The weird thing with Sinitta is when she actually had a career in the 80s she didn't seem as prolific then as she does now. Wherever Simon is there she is with him but at her peak, career wise, other than seeing her on her pop videos I don't recall seeing much about her in the press or any other media outlet at the time. The publicity she gets now would have suited her better when she was a pop singer.

You're right she does seem to have a higher profile now. Conversely Simon Cowell's best male friend Paul McKenna seems to have a much lower profile these days. I don't even think it's in the public consciousness that they're friends.

I think Sinitta gets a rough time in the press. She's doing her best friend a favour (admittedly I'm sure he takes care of her financially - she probably gets paid a small fortune for doing Judges' Houses every year) and she gets portrayed as a sad, desperate hanger-on for her troubles.