Options

xbox 360 slim hot

gothergother Posts: 14,705
Forum Member
✭✭
My xbox360 slim gets quite hot at the top vent, the side vents are cool but the top vent gets very hot, it is well ventilated and has plenty of space around it, is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its normal for the slim to get quite warm at the top fan, unless its to hot to touch. It just means all the heat is coming out, I don't think you need to worry to much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its normal for the slim to get quite warm at the top fan, unless its to hot to touch. It just means all the heat is coming out, I don't think you need to worry to much.

Thanks mate i bought it second hand from CEX so it has a 12 month warranty if anything did happen but what you've just said has put my mind at ease.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    My xbox360 slim gets quite hot at the top vent, the side vents are cool but the top vent gets very hot, it is well ventilated and has plenty of space around it, is this normal?

That's the first thing I noticed when we bought a new 360 (E model). The amount of heat that comes from the top. It def runs a lot hotter than the older slim model we used to have.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yep, it's suposed to get quite hot as that's where the fan is blowing out all the hot air. It's doing it's job keeping the heat away from the inside of the unit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses guys it's put my mind at ease.