Options

Arrow Season 3 - UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to the start of this series but the annoying low volume has spoilt my enjoyment. My normal volume level is 12-14 but I've cranked it up to 35 and I it still isn't at a audible level. It's being recorded on my sky box so I'm going to watch it when the room is vacated and everyone is in bed. who do we complain to about this?
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I originally gave the series when it first came on, but I didn't like it. I decided to give it another shot a few weeks back and ended up going through the Sky Boxset up to Season 3.

I love the show now. Season 2 was vastly superior to the first, and I've got used to the flashbacks which was one of the reasons I was turned off by the show.

Now, I'm not usually the type, but one of the main reasons I watch is for Olicity - love them together! Season 3 looks great also!

And yes, I've noticed the audio issue in todays episode - thought it was just me!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the sound seems to be on the HD channel. The Sky 1 SD sound channel 217 is much clearer and louder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh Canary is back as well. The gangs all here. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Im glad I got it off demand earlier, the sound is bad.

Cant wait for my husband to watch this, its a good episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG Sarah. Noooooooooo. :o
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note to writers - either get Oliver and Felicity together or keep them apart. Enough with this will-they, won't they crap. You're going to involve the new bloke aren't you?

It is spoiling what is a good show.

Fantastic ending, didn't see that coming.....like someone else.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member

I did not see that coming.

Good first episode.

And yes I think it was Brandon Routh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they killed her off or have they a cunning plan to bring her back to life.
  • Options
    Forum Member

hahaha I knew youd say that after your previous comment.
    All lined up for Laurel to take over now ;-)
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why they killed her off or have they a cunning plan to bring her back to life.

I think we know where that is going and it will not be Sara.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I think we know where that is going and it will not be Sara.

We do now thanks to darthtatty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We do now thanks to darthtatty.

Not really, it's been hinted at several times in the past on these threads. Besides you will have noticed Sara's mask came off and landed by Laurel a subtle hint if there ever was one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think this should have aired before the first ep of the flash? Seeing as though it showed Oliver recieving the phone call from Barry and (if you watched it) we've already seen the conversation. I know it aired the same way in US aswell btw :)....i know im nit picking here haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Not really, it's been hinted at several times in the past on these threads. Besides you will have noticed Sara's mask came off and landed by Laurel a subtle hint if there ever was one.
    well said. :)
    I don't know for sure but its been hinted at loads on the show. Plus last year Sara gave laurel her jacket-big hint.
    Does anyone else think this should have aired before the first ep of the flash? Seeing as though it showed Oliver recieving the phone call from Barry and (if you watched it) we've already seen the conversation. I know it aired the same way in US aswell btw :)

yeah we thought the same. :)

Just watched it again with my husband and he was indifferent to it. He said I thought something big was going to happen. :confused:
    He's strange at times. :p
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes very low. I've had to ramp up the volume to almost double what it usually is. That guy talking to Felicity looks familiar. Is that Brandon Routh?

Yes it is, and the place Felicity was working at put me in mind of the Buy-More from "Chuck" another show in which he had a recurring role
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren with those ultra skinny legs, could she kick anything.

Sara had years of training to become the BC, so are they going to be totally stupid and have Lauren fighting two weeks later?
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had that bit spoilt for me. I was following some of the cast on Instagram and when the first episode aired in the US Caity put a picture up of being upset with the actress who plays Neesa. And then I stupidly looked in the comments section :(

I learnt my lesson and unfollowed them.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Lauren with those ultra skinny legs, could she kick anything.

Sara had years of training to become the BC, so are they going to be totally stupid and have Lauren fighting two weeks later?

Well they have shown Laurel to be a capable fighter when for self defense, so I don't think it'll be as hard as you'd think. But I'm sure that if it does happen, they'll have her training with Roy and Oliver or something for a while.

--

Unfortunately, while doing some wiki reading I spoiled myself for the ending of todays episode, but it was still great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they have shown Laurel to be a capable fighter when for self defense, so I don't think it'll be as hard as you'd think. But I'm sure that if it does happen, they'll have her training with Roy and Oliver or something for a while.

--

Unfortunately, while doing some wiki reading I spoiled myself for the ending of todays episode, but it was still great.

To be honest I can't see Oliver been to happy about that, it won't have helped with Sara getting killed, and the fact he is trying to keep Felicity & Diggle safe, I very much doubt he would want to put Laurel in the firing line...though we know it will happen, but I can't see him been happy about it.

Who do we think killed Sara, the obvious or not?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Another reason to watch.

Anyone else finding the volume really low?

yes, I find it happens on a lot of Sky programmes so I have to turn it up really loud and then my eardrums get blasted when the adverts come on as I forget I have the volume ramped up!
  • Options
    frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh I want Oliver and Felicity but so annoyed by last night's 'instant' date when they have been pussyfooting around each other for a good season!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Laurel, so any change is potentially an improvement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Ive just noticed Flash is having a break this week in USA and Arrow isn't so up until Oct 29 Flash was ahead of Arrow but after Nov 5 Arrow will be ahead of Flash lol .... to address a continuity issue maybe??
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Ive just noticed Flash is having a break this week in USA and Arrow isn't so up until Oct 29 Flash was ahead of Arrow but after Nov 5 Arrow will be ahead of Flash lol .... to address a continuity issue maybe??

Not to give any spoilers away but at the moment it's right

Spoilers
    At the end of ep 3 Felicity goes to visit The Flash she is in Flash ep 4 and then comes back at the very end of Arrow ep 4 having just gotten back