Options

The Flash UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    i actually really enjoyed it. i like that it is more free with the 'super hero' element than arrow.

If they were too similiar i think people wouldnt have wanted to separate them but its meant to be more fun, lighter. it can still have deep and meaningful storylines, hard htting character development without being dark.

7/10 from me, but give it a bit more than 1 episode to judge.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the pilot more than I thought I would.

But I did keep having a vision of Sheldon Cooper in his flash suit everytime they did the speedy running bits. Made it a bit difficult to keep a straight face oh dear lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpeF067Hx2Y
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    The villains rumored to be coming up in Flash however seem to be more super, in line with The Flash himself of course. Actual super-powers not just skills and tech.
    :D

Most of The Flash's Rogues were always techno-villains but since DC's company wide New 52 revamp they have become super-powered
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    You must have, I don't know what episode you watched, but this most certainly happened in episode 1.
    Yes, Barry runs to Starling and meets up with Oliver to discuss how he can use his powers.
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Or maybe Barry was so fast getting to Starling and leaving it that the viewer missed that whole scene;-):blush::p
    F'nar :D

Will undelete and re-watch :blush:
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to start watching this eventhough I've not watched season 2 of Arrow (watching season 3 and skipping it until it's available via Amazon/NowTV). I enjoyed it but it had a very Smallville feel to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Ha. Yes I had the same thoughts re. Sheldon
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed this show with its genuine super-powered battles. Much more fun that The Arrow, which I'm not a big fan of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Good second episode, expected a step down from the pilot but it kept up the quality pretty much. Still a bit cheesy but I thought the final scene with Joe and Barry was quite sweet, and the effects for Multiplex were neat. Not amazing, but a solid 8/10 again.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the second episode but it does seem a bit cheesy especially when compared to Arrow.I am very interested in how they are building up the mystery of Dr Wells and I will like to see if they go down the expected route with that character!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see that but when they went to the run way to test carry out Barry's speed test, there was a sign for Ferris Aviation.
    Verence wrote: »
    Isn't that the surname of the girlfriend of Green Lantern Hal Jordan?
    Looks like there's a few things being set up from the comics here.
    # Ferris Aviation run by Carol, Green Lantern's girlfriend
    # S.T.A.R. Labs, scientific lynch-pin in many DC comics
    # a mention in prog #1 of Keystone City (can't recall if it was Arrow or Barry in their meeting). Keystone City is next to Central City in DC comics, and was the home of the first Flash (Jay Garrick) and Wally West - the third Flash.
    # Weather Wizard - the first of Flash's many enemies who were known as the 'Rogues Gallery' and often worked together
    # Gorilla Grodd :D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Looks like there's a few things being set up from the comics here.
    # Ferris Aviation run by Carol, Green Lantern's girlfriend
    # S.T.A.R. Labs, scientific lynch-pin in many DC comics
    # a mention in prog #1 of Keystone City (can't recall if it was Arrow or Barry in their meeting). Keystone City is next to Central City in DC comics, and was the home of the first Flash (Jay Garrick) and Wally West - the third Flash.

I don't know if this will happen but I'll spoiler it just in case
    In the comics Caitlin Snow is a villain known as Killer Frost
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Indeed, if they go along the line that the explosion caused all these supers (similar to what No Ordinary Family would have done with the plane crash or Smallvile did with the meteor shower) then even if they weren't around before for Oliver to meet will they start being now?

Not mentioning it will be difficult when the two characters cross over into each other's show.

I also can't help but feel a real superpower devalues Arrow somewhat, he's now like Hawkeye standing next to the rest of the Avengers (or BMX Bandit next to Angel Summoner :D),

It reminded me of Smallville too. If its a "Baddie of the week", each having a super power, it could get dull very quickly.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched yesterdays episode and enjoyed it again, the fight scene near the end reminded me of the Matrix though lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me of Smallville too. If its a "Baddie of the week", each having a super power, it could get dull very quickly.

That's a possibility but the overarching plot is immediately more interesting than those we often saw in Smallville.

The clone effect was well done but complete comic book with the clothes replicating in addition to the human cells! Lol.
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying it so far .. Much more light hearted than arrow which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Barry seems to be enjoying his powers and wants to help people. Whereas ollie's journey to become the green arrow/hood has been more difficult .. Killer vigilante to non killer vigilante to will only kill if necessary vigilante

Plus the girl who is helping Barry science chick (can't remember her name of the too of my head) she has been in something before and it's bugging the life out of me
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying it so far .. Much more light hearted than arrow which isn't necessarily a bad thing

Barry seems to be enjoying his powers and wants to help people. Whereas ollie's journey to become the green arrow/hood has been more difficult .. Killer vigilante to non killer vigilante to will only kill if necessary vigilante

Plus the girl who is helping Barry science chick (can't remember her name of the too of my head) she has been in something before and it's bugging the life out of me

That would be Danielle Panabaker, she has been in quite a few things, but she is very similar in looks to her sister Kay Panabaker who was in No Ordinary Family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be Danielle Panabaker, she has been in quite a few things, but she is very similar in looks to her sister Kay Panabaker who was in No Ordinary Family.

Ah, I didn't know that connection. I think the first time I saw her was in the fun movie 'Sky High'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't know that connection. I think the first time I saw her was in the fun movie 'Sky High'.

She has also being main roles in "Girls Against Boys" & "Piranha 3DD".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying it so far .. Much more light hearted than Arrow which isn't necessarily a bad thing
    Barry seems to be enjoying his powers and wants to help people. Whereas ollie's journey to become the green arrow/hood has been more difficult
    Sort of reflects the more modern versions in the comics (from the late 1960s). The Flash was always a bit of a light-hearted romp and more of a traditional superhero, with a slightly silly Rogues Gallery who were really incompetent. The Barry Allen version didn't really get anything like serious (except for the death of Iris Allen) until the 'Death of Professor Zoom' trial storyline which ran for nearly a year in 1984/5 just before the title was cancelled.
    I haven't spoilered because by the time that happens (if it ever does) we'll all be about 120 and won't remember anyway :D
    Arrow, however, had been involved in a drugs story that caused big ructions with the Comics Code in 1971, a highly political storyline in 1979 (that I'm not revealing just in case), and since the limited-series in 1983 the hard-hitting character he is now.

Just a thought - has he shown any tendency towards very hot chilli anywhere yet? His legendary napalm cooking has been a theme in the comics for 40 years now ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, the only thing I worry about is the crossover episodes as I don't know how they will combine the light with the dark, don't know if it will work particularly well...it didn't in the Pilot of The Flash, but did when Barry Allen was in Arrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody spot the little hint?
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody spot the little hint?

I picked up something that got me thinking that
    Dr Harrison Wells could really be Vandal Savage
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    I was sat there waiting for The Arrow to show up! :blush: Didn't recognise the other Ammell :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I picked up something that got me thinking that
    Dr Harrison Wells could really be Vandal Savage
    not likely as
    Vandal Savage has lived a very long time, but doesn't have any future links

How about
    Professor Zoom? who needs Flash to live so the future he lives in does - although that complicates the Iris West storyline somewhat as in the comics she comes from the future
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to next week's episode as it features the debuts of
    Captain Cold and Heat Wave, two more of the Rogues