Jackson: Almost half a billion dollars of personal debt.

167891012»

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,942
    Forum Member
    Earlier this year Broadway theatre company Nederland requested the probate Judge order the estate to honour a deal for a show featuring Michael's songs.

The story is rumbling along TMZ reports legal papers filed name executors John Branca and John McClain as defendants.

Nederlander Presentations claims it has the rights to create a musical based on some of Michael's most famous songs but the estate won't provide the rights to use the songs.
    Howard Weitzman, attorney for the MJ estate, tells TMZ, "The contract provides for certain approvals by Michael on a number of important elements.

Unfortunately, Michael is not available to participate in the process, and therefore I don't think the contract is enforceable.

The lawsuit has no merit."
    Forum Member
    It's reported a South Korean newspaper has filed papers with the estate, claiming $13m for a cancelled 1994 tour.
    The Segye Times has filed papers with the Michael Jackson estate, informing the court it has a judgement dating back to 1994 against Mrs Jackson for $4 million

The newspaper claims it advanced Mrs Jackson, husband Joe and son Jermaine $5.5 million for a series of Jackson family concerts which never took place.

The newspaper is asking for an order from the judge forcing the estate to pay it any money it might be planning to give to Mrs Jackson.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/07/02/28582.htm

$300M Lawsuit Against Michael Jackson Tossed

A federal judge in Manhattan dismissed most of a $300 million lawsuit accusing Michael Jackson's proported ex-manager and AEG, the promoter of Jackson's "This Is It" tour, of cutting another promoter out of a deal to produce the return concert for the King of Pop.
    AllGood Entertainment sued Frank Dileo, Jackson's alleged manger, along with Dileo Entertainment, AEG and the special administrators of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClain.
    U.S. District Judge Harold Baer Jr. dismissed claims for fraud and tortious interference with contract but allowed a claim for breach of contract to proceed. Trial is set for October.
    AllGood claims it had a binding agreement with the pop star's management in which it would produce his first concert tour in years or a Jackson Family reunion concert featuring Michael, Janet and others.
    Dileo allegedly signed a deal with AllGood for a concert tentatively titled "The Jackson Family Reunion: A Concert for the World," in consideration for $24 million. Another $2 million went to Dileo Entertainment as a partial payment, AllGood said.

Please click the link for the rest of the story.
    Forum Member
    If it's only for $25m-$30m will AllGood think it's worth to proceed?

Looks like Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe will not be in court in October to entertain us, just Frank DiLeo if it happens.
    Forum Member
    Yep. The contract was between AGE & Frank. Michael (or his brothers) didn't sign or agree to anything.
    Forum Member
    bowen9999 wrote: »
    Yep. The contract was between AGE & Frank. Michael (or his brothers) didn't sign or agree to anything.

One interesting aspect is that in May 2009 there was a meeting held at a hotel between Michael Jackson, Patrick Allocco (AllGood), Randy Phillips (AEG), Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe.

The meeting was confirmed by Frank DiLeo who did not attend as he was 'out of town'.
    “We’ve learned there was a secret meeting yesterday at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where Michael Jackson made it clear – he will not perform with Janet and the Jackson 5; and the dude who organized the concert tour tells us he will sue them. […] The company that organized the family concert – AllGood Entertainment – got Michael, daddy Joe Jackson and several others in a room yesterday at the Bev Hills Hotel.

Joe tried to convince Michael that the family tour should go on, but Michael wouldn’t budge because it would have aired on pay-per-view and M.J. said he doesn’t like pay-per-view!

The meeting was heated and no one agreed to anything.” TMZ writes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    One interesting aspect is that in May 2009 there was a meeting held at a hotel between Michael Jackson, Patrick Allocco (AllGood), Randy Phillips (AEG), Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe.

The meeting was confirmed by Frank DiLeo who did not attend as he was 'out of town'.

joe jackson is conneccted to all god entertainment i think he it was his company.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    AGE is Frank's mess and he should be sorting it out.
    Forum Member
    Just as we thought!

It's All Good For Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson would be smiling today ... if circumstances were different, of course, because a judge just dismissed a $300 million lawsuit that had been filed against him.

A federal judge in New York just dismissed a lawsuit filed by AllGood Entertainment, claiming Michael had agreed through an agent to perform several Jackson family reunion concerts in Indiana before going on the road with any other show.

AllGood claimed ... by agreeing to do the London concerts, Jackson breached his agreement with AllGood.

The federal judge ruled today ... Jackson's agent -- Frank Dileo -- merely struck the deal with AllGood in principle, that couldn't become binding without the sign-offs of MJ and his brothers. The judge also said the deal was just too sketchy to be enforceable.

The case had been partially dismissed last month. Now it's officially history.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Michael Jackson Estate, tells TMZ, "This case never had any merit.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/19/michael-jackson-allgood-entertainment-lawsuit-dismissed-concerts-london-estate/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Yay, glad to hear it. That suit was just ridiculous, the right thing has been done here.
    Forum Member
    sophloz wrote: »
    Yay, glad to hear it. That suit was just ridiculous, the right thing has been done here.

Meanwhile....
    UPDATE: A rep for AllGood tells us, "While we respect Judge Baer’s ruling, we respectfully disagree with his erroneous factual conclusions."

The rep adds, "We are looking into all of the remedies available to us under the law."
    Forum Member
    Since the last update the $300,000m AllGood claim has been struck off by a Judge.

Meanwhile further claims have rolled in....

$13,000,000 South Korean newspaper (1994 cancelled shows)
    • $$$$ Richard Arons, former manager (Royalty payments)
    • $360,000 Raymone Bain (Back pay for 2008)
    • $175,000 Eric George lawyer for Debbie Rowe (Appointment of a Guardian)

The following are the claims which remain unsettled are have been resolved behind closed doors.
    • $3,500,000 Dieter Wiezner a former manager, court ruling ignored.
    • $48,000,000 Financial Company (Negotiating fees)
    • $40,000,000 Raymone Bain (Business negotiations)
    • $$$ Millions John Landis (Income from Thriller)
    • $2,300,000 Dr. Tohme Tohme (Former manager)
    • $341,452 Tom Mesereau & Yu (2005 Defence lawyers)
    • $243,000 Hairdresser and a law firm
    • $200,000 Ayscough & Marar (2005 lawyers)
    • $200,000 Atkins Thomson (Lawyers, Colony negotiations)
    • $180,000 Tax Fixer (Randy's friend?)
    • $128,482.77 AV Company (Equipment supply & installation)
    • $100,000 Arnold & Porter (London Lawyers)
    • $50,000 Dr. Klien (Unpaid bills)
    • $xx,xxx Ola Ray co star of The Thriller video (Late and incomplete payments)
    • $328,299 Signal Hill Capital (Unpaid fees relating to refinancing)
    • $275,446 Stabler & Associates re Bank of America loan & funding 2005 child molestation trial.
    • $285,000 The Machine Management hired to develop animation projects.
    • $374,403 Licensed surveyor, engineering and research work.
    • $3,000 Universal Music Publishing Group, use of music in a documentary.
    • $47,839 Bradley Buxer, keyboard player ‘Dangerous Tour’, for music development, production & performance.
    • $60,000 Diane Williams, fees for filing Michael’s 2006 tax package.
    • $8,000 Kai Chase, chef the day Michael died, unpaid fees for June 2009.
    • $70,000 Van F Alexander, media & communications consultant Jan – Jul 2008.
    • $471,103 Venable LLLP, law firm, providing legal advice on a broad spectrum of matters, Sep 2006 – Jun 2009.
    Forum Member
    It seems the landlord of Michael's Las Vegas home is determined to get his money and has made it legal by filing papers at LA's County Superior Court.
    Michael Jackson's former Las Vegas landlord is suing the MJ Estate -- claiming he never received $234,000 for damage the singer allegedly caused to the home during his stay from 2008 to 2009.
    Forum Member
    The following are the claims which remain unsettled are have been resolved behind closed doors.

[*]$40,000,000 Raymone Bain (Business negotiations)

I don't know about the others but this one was tossed out by the estate a long time ago.
    Forum Member
    bowen9999 wrote: »
    I don't know about the others but this one was tossed out by the estate a long time ago.

The estate 'tossed out' among others the landlord's claim but he is still proceeding with the claim through the courts.

Has Raymone announced she's withdrawn the claim or that there's been a court ruling?
    Forum Member
    The estate 'tossed out' among others the landlord's claim but he is still proceeding with the claim through the courts.

Has Raymone announced she's withdrawn the claim or that there's been a court ruling?

http://www.mjworld.net/news/2010/05/08/raymone-bain%E2%80%99s-claim-denied/

"After being told by the Estate that her claim for $44 million would not be paid, she filed a lawsuit which has been considered by Judge James Robertson in a New York Court. He decided that Ms. Bain’s lawsuit had no merit and she was not entitled to be paid anything further from Michael’s estate and her case was dismissed by the judge"